Fiverr Forum

File size is too large! (Is there a way around this?)

Hello Fiverrs,

I have recently posted a gig in which I create 15 minutes of binaural music. I am trying to deliver this in a wav format, a loss-less audio format. I am refraining from putting it into a different format (like mp3), because it compresses the audio and also the integrity of the music.

Is there a way around this? I also wanted to do tracks longer than 30 minutes for those customers that would like, but in wav or AIFF formats those files are 300mb +

HELP!

@phonzzbombs

One of my Fiverr clients had trouble uploading their photos to me on Fiverr (must have been a server glitch or overload at that time) and used Dropbox instead to send them. I have not done it myself, but I think it is ok to just directly link your finished files, as there is not outside communication… they are just links to Mp3/Wav/Aiff files that you want to deliver.

Maybe a more senior Fiverr member or Admin could confirm this. :slight_smile:

Edit: I’m not a professional audiophile, but have you considered FLAC format to save on file size?

@phonzzbombs

Use a 3rd party application such as WeTransfer or DropBox.

@cyuena

Yes, FLAC is beautiful! However, not all machines will recognize it as a playable audio format, unless I am wrong and things have changed. I will look into it, thank you!

@voiceoverwork

Awesome! Thank you, you are a beautiful being!

@voiceoverwork

IS that okay with Fiverr? I do not want to be terminated from here…

From their terms of service:

“Terms of Service reminder: You may not communicate with users directly or provide your email, Skype, or phone number.”

:frowning:

@phonzzbombs

Yes it’s okay with Fiverr. There are thousands of us that produce large projects and use these services.

NOTE: You do not share your email, skype or phone number when you use WeTransfer. It’s completely anonymous.

@phonzzbombs

NOTE: When you use WeTransfer you will need to put in an email address (twice) but that is only so WeTransfer can notify you when the file is ready (only takes a few minutes). Then you send the Buyer the WeTransfer link thru the Fiverr message system.