Filter search results by country

Hi,

I know that there are comments here about not trusting the flag. But if the option to filter search results is not already there can I request that this feature be included in the next update. If it is there ‘where’ ? I have looked a few times and just can not see it.

Reason I ask for this is that I think there might be certain members that might want gigs that are promoted in a certain country like advertising for example.

• 1 year later...

The moment you do that you find that the over all quality and reliability of the work increases. As well a credibility increase of fiverr as marketplace that allows you greater flexibility in shopping for the exact product you want from the vendors you want it from.

Reply to @mariaameen: I think it’d hardly be different from the misconceptions already leading people to filter by seller level. Namely, that higher levels inherently means better quality work, better service, more trustworthy sellers, etc.

If people want to make even more assumptions, let them. Filtering by country would be the next best addition and can actually serve a purpose if what you want is specific to your region or would best be suited for someone who intimately knows it.

Reply to @pfpgogo: Thanks for your input! I see your point, but if this kind of filter was implemented it could really affect a seller’s prospects. Suppose an author wanted their book to be edited. Thinking reasonably, wouldn’t they filter the results to show countries with English as their first language? That means all those great editors residing in countries with English as a second language will be generally overlooked. That’s just a simple example. If we look at it on a grander scale, it could really affect sellers in an unfortunate manner.

Besides, if a buyer wanted something from a seller in a specific region, there’s always the Buyer Requests feature to serve that need.

If I want an article/blog post for US readers, I obviously want someone very familiar with US English and US life. My first choice is definitely someone who is living or who has lived in US. The same is true if I need something for GB, Europe or any other audience.

Not being able to filter that is BIG flaw - and mistake by this website.

• 4 months later...

Reply to @bajao123:
An easier way is to use google search
site:fiverr.com “Avg. Response Time” “From: TYPECOUNTRYHERE” “keyword1” "keyword2"
This search will result in seller profiles from specified country with gigs similar to what your searching for.

quick explanation of the search query
• site:fiverr.com - limits the search to fiverr
• “Avg. Response Time” in combination with “From: TYPECOUNTRYHERE” - limits your search to profiles by specific country.
• “keyword1” and “keyword2” - keywords you would use in your fiverr search within quotation marks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I vote for a country filter on Services NOT Sellers. For example if I’m looking to order Facebook Likes or Traffic To My Website from Australian accounts only, it can be quite time consuming manually searching results regardless if I include ‘Australia’ in my search input. I don’t mind where the seller providing this service is located, as long as my service requirements are met.

I suspect if users are able to filter by country we may find Sellers faking their location which would be irritating for both the Buyer and Fiverr. Perhaps this is why we’re yet to see this update even though it’s been requested numerous times?

Does anyone else agree with me and vote for a country filter on Service results only?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Country Filter is somthing that must e developed
I have been trying to find some Local people who would help me make a video promotion of my product. Its not practical for me to ship my item to US …As its a big product, will be costly and needs to pay custom for it…finding a local in the uk would help me greatly…So the country filter would have great benefits

• 2 months later...

I doubt Fiverr will make a filter by country, if you’re looking for a seller speaking a particular language there is an option to check a box of languages available while you are searching for gigs.

The language filter is hardly effective. People who barely have A2 levels in a given language are checking off language boxes as if they’re native speakers just to get work. It’s very laborious having to go through so many profiles just because fiverr won’t add this feature. This really diminishes the quality of fiverr’s service.

Fiverr search has never been too great and perhaps by design. Narrowing down search results too much can reduce exposure to other gigs and thus – bad for business?

I guess I’m not too optimistic on seeing this badly needed feature. Sometimes I use Google to search for gigs with “site:fiver.com” and make sure to add “proceed to order” and u might get active gigs for the most part…

oh well.

The language filter is hardly effective. People who barely have A2 levels in a given language are checking off language boxes as if they’re native speakers just to get work. It’s very laborious having to go through so many profiles just because fiverr won’t add this feature. This really diminishes the quality of fiverr’s service.

When websites’ search engine isn’t as good as you want, Google is your best friend !

Please, read the solution given by @mgjohn78

site:fiverr.com “Avg. Response Time” “From: TYPECOUNTRYHERE” “keyword1” "keyword2"

This search will result in seller profiles from specified country with gigs similar to what your searching for.

• “Avg. Response Time” in combination with “From: TYPECOUNTRYHERE” - limits your search to profiles by specific country.

• “keyword1” and “keyword2” - keywords you would use in your fiverr search within quotation marks.

When websites’ search engine isn’t as good as you want, Google is your best friend !

Please, read the solution given by @mgjohn78

you would use in your fiverr search within quotation marks.

Great advice! Thanks.

I didn’t think of that.

Archived