Fiverr Community Forum

Finally stuck up for myself

Hey all!

I’m new to the forum and wanted to share my little epiphany moment. I delivered an order for a buyer and worked really hard on it then I woke up this morning and saw they requested a revision. They didn’t include any of this in the gig requirements it was all new information that they just expected me to do free. For one second I thought to myself let me just cancel the order but I was like hell no (to me not the buyer lol) I spent so much time and energy to do this exactly how you wanted and now you want something else for free that is not in the scope of revisions. So I said no and they proceeded to insult me and my work etc. I stayed kind and polite and contacted CS but I barely ever deal with rude sellers and normally I would cancel but if I have to have a 1 star review I’m just going to bite the bullet. I stand by my work, I can take constructive criticism but this was just a buyer who wanted something for free and when they didn’t get it then they want to insult you. I’m awaiting their review but I can sleep well at night knowing I stuck up for myself and if I get a low rating so be it, I’ll keep building!

24 Likes

Congratulations. Trust me, you did the right thing. 3 months ago, a client hired me and after I did exactly what they wanted, they claimed I hadn’t. I decided not to cave and they gave me a 1-star review. I was afraid it would have an impact on my sales but guess what? It didn’t. I guess potential buyers understand that some people are just nasty and if you have lots of 5 star reviews from other buyers, then they know you’re a stellar seller. So don’t lose any sleep over it.

10 Likes

Thank you. To be truly honest I am quite a sensitive person and I don’t like making people unhappy but I learned in life you can’t always please everybody and on top of that you can’t always be a doormat. I just had this moment of “nah” I spent so much time writing, editing and recording and I’m tired of being “afraid” of a bad review. I’ve no negative reviews so if this one instance causes me to have one then okay. Thank you so much for the response and I am proud of you for not caving!

6 Likes

It happens. It’s just Fiverr Life. There are buyers who do things like that when they say something bad about my services, I give a reply that they don’t want to read. But I still do because… I know I am not wrong.
Then I get this:

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 3.39.45 PM

Fake Buyers just want the work for free or just in the cheapest but they want the best top-notch services. That’s not how things work.

3 Likes

Yep. You can’t win 'em all, I’ve learnt. Also this is just a personal opinion but if they end up giving you a bad review you should block them to prevent them from ordering from you again.

3 Likes

That’s important! I’m glad you stick up for yourself and it seems you handle yourself very well! Exactly. I need to stick up for myself more.

1 Like

I contacted CS and I’m just waiting and also waiting for the buyer to review and then I’ll block them and move on with my life. I hate how I let things like this get to me but I’ll learn eventually lol. There have been days where I was so upset by how rude a buyer that I contemplated shutting my Fiverr down. I know I wouldn’t but jeez people can be so exhausting.

3 Likes

No don’t get me wrong. I was scared as hell the first time I got such a review lol!

2 Likes

Hahahha is it bad that I’m hoping the review violates tos so Fiverr can remove it lol

2 Likes

I’m guessing you probably have OCD and you can’t stand this review tarnishing the other perfect ones. Trust me, I know. The advantage is that after you receive a bad review and you see it doesn’t really affect your sales, you won’t accept to be taken advantage of in future because you won’t be afraid of getting an unjust review. Before I got the 1-star review, I had cancelled a few gigs where buyers tried to scam me etc. because I was afraid. These days, nah.

2 Likes

*cancelled a few orders.

1 Like

They will not remove it. It’s rare that a buyer leaves that type of review.

I probably do have OCD. I do have anxiety and I am a huge perfectionist but I am learning to manage it a lot better. I guess today I just got tired of people getting the most out of me and I was like “not today”. Yeah I agree, I think once I see that I won’t be willing to accept that anymore I’ll be more inclined to do it next time. I love that!

3 Likes

Yeah I know just wishful thinking hahah

Keep your spirit. Things are not always easy. Your hard work will be cherished one day.

1 Like

Thank you so much I appreciate the kind message!

1 Like

Cudoz for standing up for yourself, I had a similar case in the recent past, and because I did not want confrontation I just cancelled the order. Needless to say I regret my decision. I wish I fought for whats rightfully mine, I felt coned at the end of the day. So thumbs up for the courage, even if its a one star, someone else will appreciate your work and efforts

1 Like

Ohhh at the start I was thinking of just cancelling it and then I just thought I can’t be doing that because it’ll become a habit. Sometimes you just have to explain to people and stand by your work. Thank you for your kind words. I encourage you to stand up for yourself too and don’t regret the decision it’s always a lesson!

you can do the mutually Cancel through CS

Sounds like we may have had the same buyer this week. I told them to cancel the order if they wanted an article rather than a short story. I immediately put the work onto my own blog, in case they were trying to scam me. Again, Fiverr doesn’t seem to back up their sellers at all.

2 Likes