First Cancellation and I'm Happy About It!

marsch001

Because of all the horror stories I’ve read on the forum, I’ve been dreading the time when I would have to deal with a cancellation. Today, this morning, I did. But, as it turns out, I got lucky - I didn’t want to work with the person in the first place and if he hadn’t wanted to cancelled the gig then I would’ve suggested it to him – not only did he not pay for the full gig, and then talked back to me when I explained that it’s “up to 300 words” and not “300 words plus a whole lot more”.

It was very undramatic, and I think that helped. I’m also glad for the cancellation because hopefully, I will learn from this that it’s fine - it’s ok, I will move past it without any trouble, and I’m glad to be rid of the buyer.

It would probably be a very different thing if they ordered and then cancelled because it was the wrong gig or they ordered, I delivered and then they cancelled. Then I would be mad!

But for now, I’m happy to say that I had my first cancellation and it doesn’t even bother me. How about you?

Reply to @voiceoverwork: I have had issues with other buyers and cancellations (or what amounts to it) in other places, and that’s why I worried about what would have to happen on Fiverr for me to get a cancelled order (plus all the horror stories), so going through it now once and it being very undramatic (I’m lucky I think, as it usually isn’t) means that next time I’m faced with it, I’ll find it far easier. I hope anyway!

Archived