First day on the forum, almost a year on Fiverr... no sales

😥
Welp. I don’t really know if its me or the number of people in the business category. I really can’t think of anything super niche, I look and there are SO many just like it! I even tried to pay for more views, and felt terrible, like I had cheated the system. In addition to the $20 spent, I didn’t get a single order so the ROI was null. I’m not complaining too much because i did go up a couple of pages in search results, but they will surely go back down when the views stop.
I guess I am asking for your help, and if you more experienced Fiverr’s could have a look and tell me if I am doing anything wrong, I would love tips on how to improve. If you see a gig you could benefit from I would love an order, but what I really need to know is if I a over my head in this category or if it is me and my profile.

I’ve been here for sometime to realise that your profile description is enough to put buyers off. You haven’t gotten an order and you’re already asking them to buy you coffee? Who would place an order from a seller like that??

Your profile description should clearly state your services and why they should choose you, they don’t need sugar coated promises of how you will change their lives - They want to know if you can offer the service they are looking for! That’s what your profile description should reiterate. This applies to your gig title and description as well.

You also need to know fiverr is more than just opening an account and creating a gig. Your activities after that also matters - Did you use the buyer request section to look for orders? Did you engage in gig maintenance - editing the tags and observing the current trends? Did you observe the gigs of others in your category and observing what they’re doing that’s working for them? All these and more are essential!

Try visiting the fiverr academy as well. The resources there will do you good.

www.fiverr.com/academy

I’m sorry you had to experience such but if you’re ready to work and get active, fiverr is not that difficult!

Changed it, how does this sound?

Currently a student at CBU, I am an editor and proofreader on-campus. My gig’s are focused around helping people with SEO content, branding profiles, and even business plans. I am highly motivated to help you succeed, and if you can’t find a gig or price point that works with you: hit that request button! I would rather have your business at your level of pay. All of my gigs are a money back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose.

I tried to make it more personable, and less “give me money”.

As a matter of taste- I typically prefer my business organizers to be versed in the fine arts of study prior to dissecting my own financial interests. For one year there has been a virtual treasure trove of information for you to tap into. There are thousands of posts on this topic.

The people who successfully use fiverr as a day job spent their first months thumbing through everything.

Conversely, the people who don’t treat fiverr as a day job aren’t successful.

Edit: This snarky tonality has been brought to you by “not enough coffee.” Here’s to wishing you luck in navigating the ranks.

As a matter of taste- I typically prefer my business organizers to be versed in the fine arts of study prior to dissecting my own financial interests. For one year there has been a virtual treasure trove of information for you to tap into. There are thousands of posts on this topic.

The people who successfully use fiverr as a day job spent their first months thumbing through everything.

Conversely, the people who don’t treat fiverr as a day job aren’t successful.

Edit: This snarky tonality has been brought to you by “not enough coffee.” Here’s to wishing you luck in navigating the ranks.

I have made an effort, and “business organizers” that not what I do. I am a student first, so I study business. My ‘effort’ on fiverr has nothing to do with my effort to work. And this is not a day job, this not a get rich quick. This is a: I want to pad my resume, go on a trip after I am done with this next term, and make a difference in others lives by helping them.

I was simply asking for help in my profile and to know if anything you guys see is possibly the cause of my lack of sale. I had one gig that sat paused for a year, unbeknownst to me, so I looked into it and I am just now getting back into this idea of me freelancing. It was never about doing it full time but more about make use of the time I have between class, work, and studies.

I also feel that making an edit saying “you haven’t had enough coffee” to think about what your going to say someone you don’t even know is ridiculous. I typically prefer my my assistance to not be rude.

The category you’re in isn’t necessarily saturated and you’re not really in over your head if you know what you’re doing. I’ve been here since 2012 and had 1 order during my first month with a couple of accidental freebies (didn’t realize the buyers didn’t go through the order page; lesson learned). After that, nothing.

Only recently did I get 2 additional orders to my name. It’s nothing to brag about but it’s better than nothing. Though tricky, you may wish to browse Buyers Request for some work opportunities. Don’t get down if you don’t get a response because you can’t win everyone over.

For your category, some buyers prefer someone with an extensive track record while a select few will actually give newcomers a chance. Don’t get discouraged by the tough love feedback; I’ve received them myself but I’m my own worst critic when it comes to generating gig ideas. Just keep playing around with ideas till something surfaces that fits in with what you do.

I have made an effort, and “business organizers” that not what I do. I am a student first, so I study business. My ‘effort’ on fiverr has nothing to do with my effort to work. And this is not a day job, this not a get rich quick. This is a: I want to pad my resume, go on a trip after I am done with this next term, and make a difference in others lives by helping them.

I was simply asking for help in my profile and to know if anything you guys see is possibly the cause of my lack of sale. I had one gig that sat paused for a year, unbeknownst to me, so I looked into it and I am just now getting back into this idea of me freelancing. It was never about doing it full time but more about make use of the time I have between class, work, and studies.

I also feel that making an edit saying “you haven’t had enough coffee” to think about what your going to say someone you don’t even know is ridiculous. I typically prefer my my assistance to not be rude.

You almost had me… I was so close to a tissue box and Netflixing for the evening. Imagine it… the warm dark through the window… a desolate spotify playlist… Barry Manilow rustling softly in the confines of my fastened bluetooth…

“Oh Mandy, well you came and you gave without taking - but I sent you away OH MANDY…”

Here’s the thing Josh, while I appreciate your pitch about “making a difference in people’s lives” it runs a little counter to your multiple attempts to backdoor the hard work. Which is fine. You’re here to make money. Nothing more and nothing less. But in doing so - it’s important to keep in step with the process that has made so many success stories.

You stood on a box and asked for “quick tips” to make an impact. There are no quick tips. It’s disingenuous to believe that some gigs prosper and other gigs fail due to some secret, David Lynchian, special room where the winners post on a forum and it circumvents working hard.

Not as disingenuous as asking for help while plugging yourself… but it’s up there…

But that isn’t why I reacted the way that I did. That reaction came from your admission of being frustrated with the lack of success you’ve had here - and yet, when you were pointed toward the tools that fiverr offers anyone in your situation… you hadn’t bothered to go through them.

You paid for views, posted a thread that’s been covered more times than a waffle house hash brown and admitted to not even doing the slightest bit of research before asking people to do it for you … but I should backup my assessment of you because…well… you don’t want to work on this as a means to a living…you want to take a trip.

We’ve all got our reasons Josh. So that’s cool.

As per your gig being on a vacated status and you being brand new to selling here…well I didn’t realize that…because YOUR POST IS TITLED “First day on forum, almost a year on fiverr …no sales”

By the way (and just so we’re clear) I’m not your assistance… and neither are the other sellers here… however, since you’ve got things to do and places to be (and because I’ve grown rather fond of you Josh), here are a few things I’ve read in threads from top sellers and mods - tired of being asked for “tips.”

*Make sure your gig titles include your tags.

*Be sure to use your tags in the description body.

*Always use videos. Even if it seems pointless to your offerings- make a connection to people by putting a face (a charming face in this case, you devil) to your services.

*Specify your offerings from the perspective of how it benefits the client.

*There seems to be a consensus that the algorithm favors people who are on line for close to eight hours. It’s probably just the benefit of registering as “on line,” but who knows?

*Definitely try your hand at buyers request. Make your offers clear. Use the potential clients name, paraphrase the request to identify your understanding of their need and explain some of your approach. My personal advice is to end the introduction with an open ended question (but this is personal preference).

*Be where your customers are. In my case - I want to be where the people who need music may be, not the people who write it. This includes forums, groups and gatherings. Integrate but don’t pitch. Spamming yields initial results but after awhile your posts will be like forgotten furniture.

*Drink more coffee. It thickens the skin and widens up your “working hours.”

*Become part of the community. Sellers are the best buyers. There’s a huge chance that professionals will need your services at some point… there’s a better chance that they’ll reach for someone they’ve talked to before.

*Once you’ve edited your gigs to where you want them- don’t touch them. Editing has some negative effects to the algorithm.

*Use the FAQ on your page. Include more tag phrases in this section.

*Once you’ve gotten some buys - throw in extras. This encourages repeat buyers and glowing reviews.

*Don’t ask your clients to review. Some won’t and you’ll be frustrated because you treated them with the respect and work ethic that should ensure praise. It’s cool, they may be back again. Love on them anyway.

Well Josh, there you go. As insincere as I was regarding my coffee versus my attitude- I am sincere that I hope you make a good go of it. In a year from now you’ll be pulling your hair out over some “make my gig better thread,” and all that I ask is that you think of me.

Because we’ll always have coffee… Coffee and Barry Manilow.

Don’t be a stranger.

I was simply asking for help in my profile and to know if anything you guys see is possibly the cause of my lack of sale.

A few things come to mind:

1. Why would anyone look for business advice/business plan/branding help from a pair of shoes? Use a photo that shows you as a professional.

2. Your gigs could be much better written.

3. You were basically begging for PayPal donations, and you even put a link on your profile that could get you banned from Fiverr. You say that you changed your profile description, but I still see your old one (along with the link that violates Fiverr’s Terms of Service).

In short, your profile and gigs don’t show you as someone who is capable of providing valuable business and branding advice, and your lack of sales shows that you can’t handle your own business and your own branding.

Perhaps you could try offering only very simple services, something that you can actually do?

Guest jacobruch01

You almost had me… I was so close to a tissue box and Netflixing for the evening. Imagine it… the warm dark through the window… a desolate spotify playlist… Barry Manilow rustling softly in the confines of my fastened bluetooth…

“Oh Mandy, well you came and you gave without taking - but I sent you away OH MANDY…”

Here’s the thing Josh, while I appreciate your pitch about “making a difference in people’s lives” it runs a little counter to your multiple attempts to backdoor the hard work. Which is fine. You’re here to make money. Nothing more and nothing less. But in doing so - it’s important to keep in step with the process that has made so many success stories.

You stood on a box and asked for “quick tips” to make an impact. There are no quick tips. It’s disingenuous to believe that some gigs prosper and other gigs fail due to some secret, David Lynchian, special room where the winners post on a forum and it circumvents working hard.

Not as disingenuous as asking for help while plugging yourself… but it’s up there…

But that isn’t why I reacted the way that I did. That reaction came from your admission of being frustrated with the lack of success you’ve had here - and yet, when you were pointed toward the tools that fiverr offers anyone in your situation… you hadn’t bothered to go through them.

You paid for views, posted a thread that’s been covered more times than a waffle house hash brown and admitted to not even doing the slightest bit of research before asking people to do it for you … but I should backup my assessment of you because…well… you don’t want to work on this as a means to a living…you want to take a trip.

We’ve all got our reasons Josh. So that’s cool.

As per your gig being on a vacated status and you being brand new to selling here…well I didn’t realize that…because YOUR POST IS TITLED “First day on forum, almost a year on fiverr …no sales”

By the way (and just so we’re clear) I’m not your assistance… and neither are the other sellers here… however, since you’ve got things to do and places to be (and because I’ve grown rather fond of you Josh), here are a few things I’ve read in threads from top sellers and mods - tired of being asked for “tips.”

*Make sure your gig titles include your tags.

*Be sure to use your tags in the description body.

*Always use videos. Even if it seems pointless to your offerings- make a connection to people by putting a face (a charming face in this case, you devil) to your services.

*Specify your offerings from the perspective of how it benefits the client.

*There seems to be a consensus that the algorithm favors people who are on line for close to eight hours. It’s probably just the benefit of registering as “on line,” but who knows?

*Definitely try your hand at buyers request. Make your offers clear. Use the potential clients name, paraphrase the request to identify your understanding of their need and explain some of your approach. My personal advice is to end the introduction with an open ended question (but this is personal preference).

*Be where your customers are. In my case - I want to be where the people who need music may be, not the people who write it. This includes forums, groups and gatherings. Integrate but don’t pitch. Spamming yields initial results but after awhile your posts will be like forgotten furniture.

*Drink more coffee. It thickens the skin and widens up your “working hours.”

*Become part of the community. Sellers are the best buyers. There’s a huge chance that professionals will need your services at some point… there’s a better chance that they’ll reach for someone they’ve talked to before.

*Once you’ve edited your gigs to where you want them- don’t touch them. Editing has some negative effects to the algorithm.

*Use the FAQ on your page. Include more tag phrases in this section.

*Once you’ve gotten some buys - throw in extras. This encourages repeat buyers and glowing reviews.

*Don’t ask your clients to review. Some won’t and you’ll be frustrated because you treated them with the respect and work ethic that should ensure praise. It’s cool, they may be back again. Love on them anyway.

Well Josh, there you go. As insincere as I was regarding my coffee versus my attitude- I am sincere that I hope you make a good go of it. In a year from now you’ll be pulling your hair out over some “make my gig better thread,” and all that I ask is that you think of me.

Because we’ll always have coffee… Coffee and Barry Manilow.

Don’t be a stranger.

Thanks dude, this is helpful. But I have a question.

Do changing your Gigs in the first hour of publishing them has some negative effects from the ranking algorithm?

Archived