First Evaluation: Measuring competition (How many promotions/demotions were there)

sydneymorgan

Last year, I made a thread to measure how many gigs disappeared following Fiverr’s site cleanup. Over the course of a few weeks, they removed around 4,000 editing gigs alone and other sellers watched hundreds of gigs disappear in their categories as well.

So (out of intrigue), I’m going to do something similar to see how the levels get swapped around come the first evaluation period on the 14th.

"Proofreading"
January 8 vs. January 15
jan.8.proofreading.png.37d3a1aed65e5ce16286d936bdfad3af.png84827759_ScreenShot2018-01-15at7_26_55AM.png.eff4ba21d0ce68baeaa50b5fa3e0dd64.png

(899 gigs bumped from Level 2 to Level 1)

"Writing"
January 8 vs. January 15
jan.8.writing.png.ff57562c930085a43d39df47b1bec948.png1892761538_ScreenShot2018-01-15at7_25_08AM.png.a73e1f650802ea71de35324fa60642f0.png

(6,694 gigs bumped from Level 2 to Level 1)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After looking at the writing and proofreading gigs, I am glad I am a proofreader and dropped my article writing gigs. 🙃

I’m amazed at how many “new sellers” there are in all the categories. Mods, any chance we could pin this till after the evals so we can easily recall it with updated numbers for comparison? @eoinfinnegan @fonthaunt @annai80

Thank You

Hopefully other folks will post their before and after number in their categories.

I’m amazed at how many “new sellers” there are in all the categories. Mods, any chance we could pin this till after the evals so we can easily recall it with updated numbers for comparison? @eoinfinnegan @fonthaunt @annai80

Thank You

Hopefully other folks will post their before and after number in their categories.

You can also bookmark it. 🔖

Just click three dots on the OP & click mark between flag and reply.

Are these screenshots of the number of gigs shown in our category?

Surely these are not the number of sellers. I’m sure there are not 76 Top Rated Sellers in our category.

Surely these are not the number of sellers.

I believe these numbers represent how many gigs match the search criteria (keyword, seller level, etc.).

Surely these are not the number of sellers.

I believe these numbers represent how many gigs match the search criteria (keyword, seller level, etc.).

Is there any way to see the number of sellers of each level? Or we can infer how many sellers lost a level by looking at the change in these stats.

We have about ten TRS in our category as far as I can tell.

edit: Yes Sydney is great, thanks for pinning this.

2018, January 10. Search term “translation”

translation_2018-01-10.png.ec082799ce1a354920209ef2ce6dfdf9.png

Also, OT, but look at that, 31 gigs online from... 12,277...

(… that filter is definitely not working, I´m online many hours every day and never show as online lately, and when I click the online filter, it seem to always be the same few sellers, give or take one, no idea what Fiverr did or why those few escaped it but I sure hope it´s on the tech team’s priority list)

ETA:
The “online sellers” bit definitely reflect gigs, not sellers, as much is easily visible lately from checking the “online sellers” filter, so I suppose it´s the same for the other numbers too.

Another thing, I don´t know about your categories, but in mine, there are quite a few people who have the exact same gigs posted with just slight alterations like “I will do X”, “I will do perfect X”, “I will do professional X”.

So, this measuring can´t be really precise but should be interesting either way.

Which gigs are counted, anyway, only active, not temporarily paused, not currently overbooked ones?

ETA

All right, my update, screenshot after the 1st St. Level’s Day, 2018, Jan 15, now probably more aptly named Levelageddon, after all:

translation_after_1st_SLD_2018-01-15.png.30e64ec1adb3d1da7a672f54739391f4.png

What exactly constitutes a new seller on 5r? Is it anyone who is not level 1 or is it based on the number of months they have been on this platform? I mean Writing, WordPress and Video seems to have an outrageous number of new sellers.

With the new system, getting to level one & two is a bit tougher because you can’t just sell 10 x $5 gigs anymore.

New Sellers:

• Proofreading: 3,694
  • Writing: 18,408
  • WordPress: 13,992
  • Voice Over: 1,793
  • Spells: 426
  • Translation: 8,096
  • Video: 10,903

What exactly constitutes a new seller on 5r? Is it anyone who is not level 1 or is it based on the number of months they have been on this platform? I mean Writing, WordPress and Video seems to have an outrageous number of new sellers.

With the new system, getting to level one & two is a bit tougher because you can’t just sell 10 x $5 gigs anymore.

New Sellers:

From looking at those numbers, they should increase the requirements quite a bit.

New Sellers:

Anyone who doesn´t yet have a level, should be a “New Seller”. Keep in mind that those numbers, judging from what you can observe with the online seller filter currently, most probably aren´t sellers but gigs, though.

Which means, in theory, you need to divide those numbers by x (new sellers can have up to 7 gigs). Of course, not all unlevelled sellers have the gig maximum, but lots of “writings” and people tell sellers to make use of all gig slots, so, don´t know, divide by 3.5 perhaps.

Archived