Fiverr Community Forum

Fiverr Account Insurance/Protection for Old Sellers

Yes, it’s about how you define spam. I thought spam is when you send unwanted advertising. That a serious business cooperation offer could be considered as spam was new to me. Most sellers are good people, looks like I chose the one out of thousand.

Here’s more detail on the delivery: for that order I did several revisions. It was when I sent a logo via chat attachment (not via deliver button) when the buyer did not respond anymore. Then the delivery time was due in a few hours. Therefore I delivered the logo that was sent previously via chat attachment using the delivery button. Because I thought that the buyer then could either accept the delivery or request another revision. In the delivery message I told the buyer that I had to deliver because the delivery time was ending and if he doesn’t like my work he should request another revision. But what happened was a notifiication that the order got cancelled by customer support and I got a TOS violation for misuse of the delivery button. I assume what happened was that the buyer contacted cs to cancel the order because he didn’t want my services anymore (because he requested quite some revisions and I feel like he was not satisfied with my work). Then CS would look at the order and quickly read the delivery message and maybe read about “i had to deliver because the delivery time ended”. Maybe that’s why cs thought I misused the delivery button, but I did not since the attached work was complete. What’s really annoying about this is that cs responded with “there’s nothing we can do” when I tried to solve the issue.

2 Likes

Yes. If you send a delivery it should be the final delivery so never indicate it’s just to stop the clock. I know you didn’t mean it that way but that’s how it seemed to them.

Never mention anything that sounds like it is not finished.

Thank you for giving the details so others can learn from it.

1 Like

True. But when I think of how much money I “paid” to Fiverr, and the quality of customer service I get in return… :poop:

3 Likes

I blame the way they go about Fiverr CS staff training:

5 Likes

CS does not have the ability to change things as they did in the past. It’s out of their hands.
I long for the good old days when more than one CS person would discuss it with me and work out something that would benefit me or fix a problem. There would be a very careful weighing of all the facts surrounding an issue. CS does not have that discretionary power any more.
The solutions are all automated and go against the seller, no matter what. There is no room for mistakes on a seller’s part.

1 Like

There are unfair cases on Fiverr too isn’t it better if they have a proper way to investigate issue rather banning sellers ?

1 Like

@mclabzsolutions How do you know they were unfair?

The one definitely unfair thing is the cancellations that sellers can’t help being counted against them.

As far as the so called unfair things we hear about on the forum after you find out the details you learn they were not unfair but actual violations of the TOS.

There is a lot of hand wringing lately about “unfair” things on fiverr.
These are excuses for failing. Stop making excuses or trying to find reasons so you don’t feel bad if you fail and can put the blame for it elsewhere.

I am talking about terms of service violations. Not buyer/seller issues.

People are getting banned for the stupid mistake of delivering an empty or incomplete order, even long time sellers. I think fiverr does not want to baby sellers who do this stupid mistake. It’s too serious to look the other way, or say ok just don’t do it again.

1 Like

I agree and I think Fiverr rules are too harsh and make me feel so insecure to work on this website, that I lost all motivation here. Fiverr was my full time job until 3 months ago.

I got 2 violations of TOS, first one I never get to know why, second - because of the glitch, I send the ready file, it was attached, but after a while, it wasn’t… So bam!

Last year I was earning around 2-3k+, this month will be $100. :smiley: No joke.

So definitely, I don’t see a future here anymore unless they fix things (I doubt), everyone could be so easily demoted and deleted, I don’t think you are in ‘safe’ place, no matter how much you try.

Unfortunately Fiverr loses skilful people all the time, who are working hard and bringing them money and I will never understand why they keep this policy.

5 Likes

Costs. Man hours = money = avoidable costs that affect their profit.

2 Likes

Amazon takes the opposite approach. Solve each problem in the buyers favor and simply give a refund. Take about five minutes to do it. Watch profits soar.

What would happen if fiverr once again solved each seller’s issue with thoughtfulness and allowed them to remain as a seller with a strict warning, if they had been a proven seller for at least three years?

If they quadupled the staff numbers at customer support? If they had dedicated staff to only deal with sellers, and to only deal with buyers? If they had three levels that could be appealed to? If more money and time was given to support?

1 Like

Great if you’re an Amazon buyer, not so good if you’re selling.

And sellers leave…:wink:

1 Like

I’m just saying that there is another way to do customer support and it might increase profits if they went back to doing it like they used to. They might have to have a much larger support staff and put a lot more money into it but it might increase profits.

2 Likes

They would burn the profit of their five dollars marketplace.
If and when Amazon, or Google, or Microsoft/LinkedIn, or Ebay, or PayPal will enter in the freelance - business service market with a foot or two they will have some problem.

2 Likes

To lose a seller who earns fiverr over $20,000 a year for the last six years over a stupid mistake seems to be counter productive for fiverr.

2 Likes

Agreed - but every new change seems to be to reduce the involvement of CS between buyers and sellers.

Addded - Also, if Fiverr adopted ‘the buyer’s always right’ as you’ve said Amazon does, it would lead to more unhappy sellers on here, not fewer.

1 Like

That is not each seller’s issue .

2 Likes

I think they should try going in the opposite direction, and increase and improve customer support rather than banning so much… Relying on banning so you don’t have to interact or make a decision or work with a good proven seller a little might not be the best approach.

3 Likes

Assuming she would continue for another five years at that rate it has cost them $100,000 to ban her, and over what? If it was someone who was only earning $100 a month maybe banning would make more sense. What if they ban 50 like her a year? That’s $5,000,000 a year they lose.

It would be prudent to triple the number of CS staff and have more lenient rules for high earners who make one dumb mistake.

3 Likes

Let me tell you an unfair TOS I got. one buyer left me a negative review saying Cancel this order then I agreed to cancel for that. unluckily on same day I got another negative review saying very good seller which it was buyer’s mistake I requested him to change the review and sent a message to Fiverr CS because he didn’t know how to change it BOOM I got a TOS violation in the same day. I am just asking to have a proper INVESTIGATING SYSTEM for us not much. I asked FIVERR CS to investigate about this but they sent me a template message I got TOS violation for doing nothing

1 Like

Completely reasonable request

2 Likes