Fiverr Account Insurance/Protection for Old Sellers

I think Fiverr should have a proper way to PROTECT old sellers, people who worked on Fiverr more than 3 - 5 Years. Most of old sellers are FULL TIMERS. but one mistake could lead to demoted, Account Ban. At least a dedicated team to solve issues without banning good sellers.

Check these threads they are facing SERIOUS issues in their lives as well. seeing these is frustrating

Its too risky to work on Fiverr as FULL TIME BASIS because they don’t care about Loyal sellers at all. I think Fiverr Team needs dedicated team to investigate issues like this. I feel really sorry about you I hope and wish your new account will be successful
Writing this just to tell that I really do not like how fiverr behaves in recent period, especially in relationship with long term sellers. I am not sure about others but here is my short story: 8 years on fiverr, TRS for like 5 years than few months ago I lost TRS because of fiverr not good system, some guy ordered couple of gigs by mistake and I could only cancel it. My cancellation rate went below 90% so I was automatically demoted to level 2. In next 2 months I went to almost all stats 100…

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right you are! I saw a very successfull 7+ year old seller vanish just like that, and before that a few others too. One had even tens of thousands of reviews and more than a hundred orders in queue usually. I can’t say what they did to deserve to be removed completely, but it can’t have been that bad?

I would love if Fiverr was just a little bit more trustworthy.

At the moment I earn enough for a living from Fiverr alone and I’m quite confident I can even raise my income. However, I can not rely on that income because of this crazy tos stuff - I already experienced it myself and I see posts about demoted and banned sellers frequently on the forums.

What a pity.

Right you are! I saw a very successfull 7+ year old seller vanish just like that, and before that a few others too. One had even tens of thousands of reviews and more than a hundred orders in queue usually. I can’t say what they did to deserve to be removed completely, but it can’t have been that bad?

I can’t say what they did to deserve to be removed completely, but it can’t have been that bad?

Perhaps they broke the rules repeatedly, and Fiverr deleted their accounts as a result. It doesn’t matter how many sales or reviews a seller has had… we are all equal here. if users break the rules, which are clearly listed in the TOS, Fiverr has every right to warn, ban, or delete their accounts.

I can’t say what they did to deserve to be removed completely, but it can’t have been that bad?

Perhaps they broke the rules repeatedly, and Fiverr deleted their accounts as a result. It doesn’t matter how many sales or reviews a seller has had… we are all equal here. if users break the rules, which are clearly listed in the TOS, Fiverr has every right to warn, ban, or delete their accounts.

so they have right screw their lives as well? there should be proper way to investigate issues without banning full time workers here I know its FREELANCING but still there should be some way its like losing a job suddenly

There is no reason to start a thread like this. If someone violates the TOS somehow they can be banned from fiverr. The rules aren’t hard to follow. It’s possible mistakes were made either by the sellers or by fiverr but each case is different.

There are plenty of old sellers here who won’t be banned.

so they have right screw their lives as well? there should be proper way to investigate issues without banning full time workers here I know its FREELANCING but still there should be some way its like losing a job suddenly

I know its FREELANCING but still there should be some way its like losing a job suddenly

This is a risk inherent to any kind of freelancing. Being a freelancer has never been a stable job. Anything can happen. Complaining about that instability is like complaining that water is wet.

I think Fiverr should have a proper way to PROTECT old sellers, people who worked on Fiverr more than 3 - 5 Years. Most of old sellers are FULL TIMERS. but one mistake could lead to demoted, Account Ban. At least a dedicated team to solve issues without banning good sellers.

Check these threads they are facing SERIOUS issues in their lives as well. seeing these is frustrating

Its too risky to work on Fiverr as FULL TIME BASIS because they don’t care about Loyal sellers at all. I think Fiverr Team needs dedicated team to investigate issues like this. I feel really sorry about you I hope and wish your new account will be successful
Writing this just to tell that I really do not like how fiverr behaves in recent period, especially in relationship with long term sellers. I am not sure about others but here is my short story: 8 years on fiverr, TRS for like 5 years than few months ago I lost TRS because of fiverr not good system, some guy ordered couple of gigs by mistake and I could only cancel it. My cancellation rate went below 90% so I was automatically demoted to level 2. In next 2 months I went to almost all stats 100…

I think Fiverr should have a proper way to PROTECT old sellers

I don’t think Fiverr bans anyone without any reason! We do mistakes and if we don’t want to learn from them be it old or new seller they should be banned.

Fiverr gives you 2 warnings and I guess even just 1 warning is enough for a person to be aware of the fact that he can land in big trouble.

I think Old buyers hardly will make msitakes as they have lot of experience so they have their safety in their own hands!

I actually like to idea to reward seniority. No one gets above 500-1000 successful orders by scamming their way up. If a seller proven him/herself over the years with great ratings and loads of completed orders, Fiverr should reward that somehow, so sellers do not have to live in fear. A level 2 seller badge is fairly easy to get, that is no guarantee for anything. TRS is vague, no one knows how to get it, there should be something in the middle. With actual perks for the seller apart from a nice looking badge.

There is no reason to start a thread like this. If someone violates the TOS somehow they can be banned from fiverr. The rules aren’t hard to follow. It’s possible mistakes were made either by the sellers or by fiverr but each case is different.

There are plenty of old sellers here who won’t be banned.

The rules aren’t hard to follow.

I read your posts on the forums frequently, and most of the time I agree with you, but on this point my experience is that on Fiverr you can get a TOS violation no matter if you do your best to follow the rules. And the worst thing about it is that Fiverr does not have sufficient staff to investigate those cases properly.

So they just throw out TOS violations like Santa Claus doing it with parcels on Christmas.

santaclaus.png.b6e4f68af394364a7dcdb5b34fe3ee8f.png

The rules aren’t hard to follow.

I read your posts on the forums frequently, and most of the time I agree with you, but on this point my experience is that on Fiverr you can get a TOS violation no matter if you do your best to follow the rules. And the worst thing about it is that Fiverr does not have sufficient staff to investigate those cases properly.

So they just throw out TOS violations like Santa Claus doing it with parcels on Christmas.

my experience is that on Fiverr you can get a TOS violation no matter if you do your best to follow the rules

@thomaslener which rules do you find it hard to follow? Maybe we can find a way to help.

Yes, I received a rule violation out of nowhere, got demoted from TRS, then another one and yesterday I got banned. Just like the other people in those links, I was a full timer here for 5 years and a top rated seller for 4.5 years. I guess they don’t want good writers anymore, as most of the veterans got banned without reason here…

my experience is that on Fiverr you can get a TOS violation no matter if you do your best to follow the rules

@thomaslener which rules do you find it hard to follow? Maybe we can find a way to help.

Thanks for offering help, it’s not about a specific rule I find hard to follow, it’s the uncertainty that I do not know when the next TOS may hit me.

I got 2 TOS violations:

1. I sent a message to a seller in a segment that fits well with mine and I asked if he is interested in a business cooperation and that I would be open to negotiate conditions. Got a TOS telling me this was spam. A month ago, a fellow Fiverr seller messaged me asking for a business cooperation. I personally liked it, because I believe working together is a good thing, but I had to warn him that he may risk a TOS violation by trying to build business relationships.

2. I got a TOS violation that said something about a misuse of the delivery button and that I only should use the delivery button when I do actually deliver. It was regarding a $10 logo design gig… I pressed the button, attached the logo file, some hours later got the TOS violation. Contacted Custom Service, they told me there’s nothing they can do.

Both times I was surprised by getting a TOS violation. If I did really spam someone with some kind of affiliate link, or if I pressed the delivery button with the intention to do a scam and get money without providing a product,… but I just asked someone if he wants to do business with me and delivered a logo.

Thanks for offering help, it’s not about a specific rule I find hard to follow, it’s the uncertainty that I do not know when the next TOS may hit me.

I got 2 TOS violations:

1. I sent a message to a seller in a segment that fits well with mine and I asked if he is interested in a business cooperation and that I would be open to negotiate conditions. Got a TOS telling me this was spam. A month ago, a fellow Fiverr seller messaged me asking for a business cooperation. I personally liked it, because I believe working together is a good thing, but I had to warn him that he may risk a TOS violation by trying to build business relationships.

2. I got a TOS violation that said something about a misuse of the delivery button and that I only should use the delivery button when I do actually deliver. It was regarding a $10 logo design gig… I pressed the button, attached the logo file, some hours later got the TOS violation. Contacted Custom Service, they told me there’s nothing they can do.

Both times I was surprised by getting a TOS violation. If I did really spam someone with some kind of affiliate link, or if I pressed the delivery button with the intention to do a scam and get money without providing a product,… but I just asked someone if he wants to do business with me and delivered a logo.

I got a TOS violation that said something about a misuse of the delivery button and that I only should use the delivery button when I do actually deliver. It was regarding a $10 logo design gig… I pressed the button, attached the logo file, some hours later got the TOS violation. Contacted Custom Service, they told me there’s nothing they can do.

This alone should terrify every seller on Fiverr.

I read the forum. In this case, I, (unlike 99% of Fiverr users) was made aware of a delivery bug where attached files go missing after sending. Apparently, this is fixed now. However, last week, just as three orders should have been marked as complete, they somehow each reset themselves as just delivered and showed that they would be marked as complete in 3-days.

To my horror, I then noticed that each order was missing an attached delivery file.

I know for certain that I did attach files originally. Since the last bug, I have checked every order after delivery to make sure that files have attached and been sent correctly.

Quickly, I found the work files for each order and went to redeliver these. However, as I went back to each order page, there the attached documents were just like they should have been. Each order then automatically completed itself.

I assume that this glitch was caused by Fiverr reversing their decision to make me manually close orders, as since this time all my orders have automatically completed. However, what would have happened if all three of these buyers happened to be looking for their delivered files at the time? 3 deliveries with no attachments would be 3 warnings A.K.A a friendly notice from Fiverr to say GET OUT.

Bugs and unpredictable problems like this are why Fiverr needs to offer sellers better protection.

Also, for those who may want to selectively interpret what I just wrote, I did originally send all work in question as attatched files with each order via the delivery button. I did re-check each order after delivery to confirm that files had been sent successfully. Three days later, these attachments vanished momentarily while Fiverr was changing how my orders complete. Because they reappeared, I did not need to resend any delivery and each buyer left a 5-star review for each order.

I got 2 TOS violations:

I got a TOS violation that said something about a misuse of the delivery button and that I only should use the delivery button when I do actually deliver. It was regarding a $10 logo design gig… I pressed the button, attached the logo file, some hours later got the TOS violation.

Are you saying that you got the TOS but did absolutely nothing wrong? Was the delivery complete? I’m sorry this happened to you.

The other time was spam although the guy was a jerk to report you for that.

I got a TOS violation that said something about a misuse of the delivery button and that I only should use the delivery button when I do actually deliver. It was regarding a $10 logo design gig… I pressed the button, attached the logo file, some hours later got the TOS violation.

Are you saying that you got the TOS but did absolutely nothing wrong? Was the delivery complete? I’m sorry this happened to you.

The other time was spam although the guy was a jerk to report you for that.

Yes, it’s about how you define spam. I thought spam is when you send unwanted advertising. That a serious business cooperation offer could be considered as spam was new to me. Most sellers are good people, looks like I chose the one out of thousand.

Here’s more detail on the delivery: for that order I did several revisions. It was when I sent a logo via chat attachment (not via deliver button) when the buyer did not respond anymore. Then the delivery time was due in a few hours. Therefore I delivered the logo that was sent previously via chat attachment using the delivery button. Because I thought that the buyer then could either accept the delivery or request another revision. In the delivery message I told the buyer that I had to deliver because the delivery time was ending and if he doesn’t like my work he should request another revision. But what happened was a notifiication that the order got cancelled by customer support and I got a TOS violation for misuse of the delivery button. I assume what happened was that the buyer contacted cs to cancel the order because he didn’t want my services anymore (because he requested quite some revisions and I feel like he was not satisfied with my work). Then CS would look at the order and quickly read the delivery message and maybe read about “i had to deliver because the delivery time ended”. Maybe that’s why cs thought I misused the delivery button, but I did not since the attached work was complete. What’s really annoying about this is that cs responded with “there’s nothing we can do” when I tried to solve the issue.

Yes, it’s about how you define spam. I thought spam is when you send unwanted advertising. That a serious business cooperation offer could be considered as spam was new to me. Most sellers are good people, looks like I chose the one out of thousand.

Here’s more detail on the delivery: for that order I did several revisions. It was when I sent a logo via chat attachment (not via deliver button) when the buyer did not respond anymore. Then the delivery time was due in a few hours. Therefore I delivered the logo that was sent previously via chat attachment using the delivery button. Because I thought that the buyer then could either accept the delivery or request another revision. In the delivery message I told the buyer that I had to deliver because the delivery time was ending and if he doesn’t like my work he should request another revision. But what happened was a notifiication that the order got cancelled by customer support and I got a TOS violation for misuse of the delivery button. I assume what happened was that the buyer contacted cs to cancel the order because he didn’t want my services anymore (because he requested quite some revisions and I feel like he was not satisfied with my work). Then CS would look at the order and quickly read the delivery message and maybe read about “i had to deliver because the delivery time ended”. Maybe that’s why cs thought I misused the delivery button, but I did not since the attached work was complete. What’s really annoying about this is that cs responded with “there’s nothing we can do” when I tried to solve the issue.

. Then CS would look at the order and quickly read the delivery message and maybe read about “i had to deliver because the delivery time ended”.

Yes. If you send a delivery it should be the final delivery so never indicate it’s just to stop the clock. I know you didn’t mean it that way but that’s how it seemed to them.

Never mention anything that sounds like it is not finished.

Thank you for giving the details so others can learn from it.

What’s really annoying about this is that cs responded with “there’s nothing we can do” when I tried to solve the issue.

I blame the way they go about Fiverr CS staff training:

CS does not have the ability to change things as they did in the past. It’s out of their hands.
I long for the good old days when more than one CS person would discuss it with me and work out something that would benefit me or fix a problem. There would be a very careful weighing of all the facts surrounding an issue. CS does not have that discretionary power any more.
The solutions are all automated and go against the seller, no matter what. There is no room for mistakes on a seller’s part.

Archived