Fiverr activeness

mharin_maliha

Question

Hi, everyone can anyone tell me what is the ideal time to stay active on fiverr in Bangladesh… I stay active all night on fiverr but a buyer messaged me after 9am in the morning. So, really confused about this matter. Don’t know what to do here… Can anyone suggest me a good timing. Thanks alot…

There is no exact time in buyers knock…You always min it that you are giving a service in international market… So any time can knock you any buyer… If you terget some special country then you try to adjust their local time…if you get knock at 9 am you will try to satay available at 9 am…for USA and UK 3am to 11 am ( Bangladesho time) is very good time to get knock…Wish your best of luck…

Can you explain it little more? Because as a new seller, people told me this.

This is the analogy I use to explain why it’s bad advice:

If you want a coffee while you’re out at 3 am and there is only one shop in the vicinity that is open 24 hours, then you will choose that one because you want that coffee at that time and that place and this shop is the only place you can get it.

But what if there are 20 coffee shops in that area and they are all open 24 hours AND on top of that very few people in that area wants a coffee outside of regular hours?

That’s very high competition for something that has a very low demand where time does not influence the purchase decision.

In other words, people who want a gig aren’t going to choose you just because they can see you are online or because you responded first. They wait until they a) Have the time and attention to make sure they are choosing the vendor that is most suitable, most credible and most valuable for their offer and b) They are ready to order.

And they probably won’t even see you online because hundreds of other sellers are, too.

The people who tell you to be online don’t know what they are talking about. They are just parroting myths they read somewhere because they think it makes them look smart in the forum and they think that will get them orders.

People order based on value and suitability. That doesn’t change just because you are online. And being online doesn’t make you more discoverable either.

Can you explain it little more? Because as a new seller, people told me this.

Because as a new seller, people told me this.

More than likely, the people who told you to be online 25/7 are people who ran a class or had a YouTube channel telling people how to make money on Fiverr. The point is they were making money somehow for giving out advice. They do not know if the advice is good or accurate. They merely want views on their YouTube video or to make money from a class. Once the class is over, or the video ends the people who were given bad advice tell these untruths to others, and so it goes.

As someone who just joined Fiverr, I don’t have much experience on here yet, but I disagree that spending more time on the site will grant you more sales.

What’s more important, from what I can tell, is having keywords in your gig descriptions and building trust and credibility.

Be prepared that buyers might contact you anytime. Most of my buyers are living in USA, and it’s daytime there when it’s night in here, so if I wasn’t a night owl (or bat 🦇 ) , most people would usually have to wait before I can respond. So I’ve managed to keep 1 hour response time usually.

But yes, even if you are online 24 hours a day hitting the refresh button every 3 minutes to make sure you appear online, you wouldn’t get any more orders than not visiting the site at all. There however is the sorting option for buyers to list online sellers only, so one could argue that it might impact things.

Be prepared that buyers might contact you anytime. Most of my buyers are living in USA, and it’s daytime there when it’s night in here, so if I wasn’t a night owl (or bat 🦇 ) , most people would usually have to wait before I can respond. So I’ve managed to keep 1 hour response time usually.

But yes, even if you are online 24 hours a day hitting the refresh button every 3 minutes to make sure you appear online, you wouldn’t get any more orders than not visiting the site at all. There however is the sorting option for buyers to list online sellers only, so one could argue that it might impact things.

There however is the sorting option for buyers to list online sellers only, so one could argue that it might impact things.

Certainly. The problem is that thousands of other sellers will be online at the same time, especially for competitive gigs. And most buyers don’t need you to respond right away.

So it could potentially help you if you are in a low competition, high demand area and you are exceptionally skilled, but if you’re selling something superfluous and you don’t appear exceptional it is unlikely to help.

The ideal time is when YOU determine YOUR business hours will be. 😉 Yes, by all means, make sure you respond to messages you receive as quickly as you’re able. That means it’s perfectly ok to sleep, eat, and spend time with your family at some point during the day, and most reasonable people understand that.

Plus, Fiverr has added a nice little notification for folks who send a message to someone after hours, that it is night time where the person they’re trying to message is at, and it may take a little while for them to respond.

So like just about everyone here has already said, don’t lose sleep over it, you’ll find it a MUCH more pleasant experience. You’ll also find it more beneficial to you to that when you’re trying to show up as “online”, that you actually be active on the platform and doing things, like looking through other gigs, looking through forum posts, checking out buyer requests. Just logging in and refreshing every so often won’t do anything for you.

Good luck! 🙂

Truth About Bangladesh:
We mostly get orders from USA & UK, Our time zone is totally different from USA & UK. So, many Bangladeshi sellers be active on Fiverr at night.

But in my experience I mostly get buyer knock from: 6pm to 10pm and 7Am to 12Am

BUT I DON"T ALLOW TO BE ACTIVE ON FIVERR 24/7

I personally be active from 6pm to 1am

I tell you my experience. I give a 24h service, whatever the time zone. Means I reply always. Even while sleeping I can hear the notice from my smartphone and reply in real time. WAIT. this is not something anyone can do. I’m perfectly accustomed to this since I was doing it as freelancer even before Fiverr. So don’t do it if you are sleepy during the day.

About staying online, this is a myth. You don’t need to be online to get orders. Someone said me: Gigs must be online. Of course. GIGs must be online (it’s so obvious, but I receive these comments). But you don’t need to.

I tell you my experience. I give a 24h service, whatever the time zone. Means I reply always. Even while sleeping I can hear the notice from my smartphone and reply in real time. WAIT. this is not something anyone can do. I’m perfectly accustomed to this since I was doing it as freelancer even before Fiverr. So don’t do it if you are sleepy during the day.

About staying online, this is a myth. You don’t need to be online to get orders. Someone said me: Gigs must be online. Of course. GIGs must be online (it’s so obvious, but I receive these comments). But you don’t need to.

Thanks a lot manuelmarino, You tell us very effective information. Most of the peoples believe what you explain. So really happy to say you are a great freelancer.

Let me take a stab at this one.

So…you think you need to be online 24/7 to get a job on Fiverr?

I have to ask this: Can you guarantee that your quality of work will be the same if you are up all night looking for a Fiverr job compared to you getting a job after a good night’s sleep?

If your answer is YES, you are sadly mistaken.

Let me take a stab at this one.

So…you think you need to be online 24/7 to get a job on Fiverr?

I have to ask this: Can you guarantee that your quality of work will be the same if you are up all night looking for a Fiverr job compared to you getting a job after a good night’s sleep?

If your answer is YES, you are sadly mistaken.

you think you need to be online 24/7 to get a job on Fiverr?

I have to ask this: Can you guarantee that your quality of work will be the same if you are up all night

nono, I don’t think I need to. Just I’m accustomed to, before Fiverr, as a freelancer habit. I always worked in different time zones assuring perfect quality to my customers, whatever the time zone. My quality is 100% state of the art (even more).

Ok, the 24h issue is explained this way. If you can be online, and focus on your job, and be 100% efficient, being online is showing your dedication to your job and to your customers. They need you, and often they need fast replies. Don’t think “is it useful for me?”, think different, “can I be useful for my customers”?

Stop believing that you need to be online to get orders.

It’s just some myth people keep perpetuating

You no longer have to believe you need to be online to get orders.

There’s just this myth being perpetuated by many people, it’s not the truth.

Why are you mimicking what @humanissocial said in this thread?

When I see these types of posts I think of them as an echo, echo, echo.

I do, too. I really think there should be an option to report them and have them removed. The forum would have less opportunity to go into this territory.

It’s just some myth people keep perpetuating.

It’s just some myth people keep perpetuating

Why are you mimicking what @humanissocial said in this thread?

When I see these types of posts I think of them as an echo, echo, echo.

It’s just some myth people keep perpetuating.

You are absolutely right. It’s just a fake advice. Staying online will not give us orders. I have my own experience. The only thing needed that we have to respond to buyer’s message as soon as possible.

Every post @hasanstores has made on the forum is a copy of another post from the same thread. Sometimes slightly rewritten. He is not the only one. There have been a lot of these types of users lately.

Good to know. Thanks for letting me know.

@hasanstores, don’t think you can get away with copying other people. We will always call you you out for it. Stop being unethical and lazy. It won’t help you.

It won’t help you or anyone else to repeat what I’ve already said in this thread and pretend it is your idea. No one believes those are your words. Trust me.

Do you think you’ll get orders if you can convince people in the forum you are knowledgeable and have good English? Because you won’t. Cut it out.

Thanks, @genuineguidance, for having my back. Why do people keep copying me lately? Lol

They copy you because you are clear and to the point. LOL

And, being on the forum 12 hours a day will surely get them a sale!!!

GG

It won’t help you or anyone else to repeat what I’ve already said in this thread and pretend it is your idea. No one believes those are your words. Trust me.

Do you think you’ll get orders if you can convince people in the forum you are knowledgeable and have good English? Because you won’t. Cut it out.

Thanks, @genuineguidance, for having my back. Why do people keep copying me lately? Lol

Archived