Fiverr Forum

Fiverr against Italian users? How our gigs were unfairly denied

Hello, my name is Jack Ventura and I’m living in Italy with my Italian girlfriend, we both created an account on Fiver and started offering services, some similar to those already existing, some other original ones.

Both of us had our gigs denied by Fiverr’s admins after successful selling the gig ang getting enthusiastic reviews, so we both lost our feedbacks forever.

This gig in particular is related to writing reviews for books and ebooks on Amazon, and there are thousands (actually more than 300) perfectly similar gigs working, with many feedbacks and since a long time, so we can’t understand WHY our gigs have been and are being cancelled each time.

Anyone having an Idea different from the one I wrote in the Discussion Title? I can’t believe there’s a racist conspiration on Fiverr…

ozzieuk said: If you think it is an error, contact support with your concerns, but more and more review type gigs that would bring Fiverr into disrepute are being denied each day old and new there is no discrimination here on Fiverr at all, it's just unfortunate that one of your gigs has probably been reported or deemed inappropriate for Fiverr at this time.

I did contact the support, first time they didn't even answer back so I had to open a new ticket, but that was useless too, I'm sure they're too busy

@jackventura fiverr doesn’t allow such review gigs which violates third party TOS. Writing reviews on Amazon, Playstore, itunes, Ebay etc. violates there TOS. That’s why such gigs are not allowed. And they are denying such gigs on daily basis whenever such gig passed by there eyes.

I had also similar gig which was denied a few days ago,it had 130+ sales in past.

@oldbittygrandma I contacted Customer Support and it didn’t work, even demonstrating there are hundreds of other similar gigs.

@sheikhsabayyal do you want me to post some dozens link of gigs which are violating those TOS since months? Just do a search with “amazon review” on Fiverr and you will see it for yourself, and by the way what’s the point on violating any TOS if reviews are REAL?

Jack, no on is disputing that there are still other gigs.

Can you trust the truth of what we’re saying to you. And that it may be a matter of time (until those gigs go under review). There are over 1-million gigs on fiver. If it only took 1 minute to review one (and let’s hope they spend more time than that) it would only take… 277 and 45 minutes to review them all!

That totally ignores all the new gigs being made.

That there is a priority on new gigs makes sense since a new gig (or a changed gig) goes into review.

In cast that wasn’t clear enough. That’s over 11 and a half DAYS if the job only takes one minute.

We are telling you, because you came here. This is why you gig was denied. @OldBittyGrandma was not saying contact customers service to get your gig “back”. She knows, a) we’re not the deciders here Fiverr is and b) that they will give you a clear answer if you ask the right question why you were denied.

The purpose of customer service is not to “argue for discrimination” or “argue for your gig” it’s to learn how to get more approved ones.

I see you’re already Level one. So, may I suggest that is evidence there is no discrimination?

@anarchofighter, I agree that many other gigs will be denied or cancelled, but again: where’s the point of violating anything when reviews are TRUE and based on the book contents? >:D<

btw, I’m level one because I made some dozen PROFESSIONAL reviews for ebooks which I even PURCHASED and examine carefully before writing anything, so, again, what violates what? And, again, how comes me and my gf had our gigs cancelled in a matter of a few weeks while it takes so long to review thousands of existing ones and new ones?

jackventura said: @anarchofighter, I agree that many other gigs will be denied or cancelled, but again: where's the point of violating anything when reviews are TRUE and based on the book contents? >:D<

Sometimes it's just a matter of wording.

If you put in there "Legitimate, Honest Reviews after consuming your product" into the gig title and description, I bet you'll get it passed.

There may also be the broader problem. The mere fact that someone is "paying" for the review may violate the other sites TOS.

For example, at the warrior forum, you cannot put paid testimonials on their site.

Just as an example.

Finally, it is not for me to say what is wrong or right. We're guests in fiverr's house.

anarchofighter said: We're guests in fiverr's house.
That has always been my policy since I started on FIverr, I have to play by their rules, its their sandbox

anarchofighter said: The mere fact that someone is "paying" for the review may violate the other sites TOS.

Guess what? That's what Fiverr's for :)
It's not a problem, anyway, I'm sure I can put on a website and offer the same service getting the whole $5 for me, while paying some other Fiverr sellers to promote it anywhere. Worth a try.
So, I agree with you, @anarchofighter, and you @tn5rr2012, of course, we're guests, but we're also PAYING guests, after all.

May be you and your GF shared the same IP address to connect to Fiverr, thus it may look like one person is having 2 accounts and providing the very similar service. Imagine that someone has a family of 10 people and each person offers the similar service. That will make harder for someone else providing the same service from single account to get an order, his chances will be 10 times lower than yours.

Just an idea, I like to look at things from a bit different angle :slight_smile:

Reply to @sheikhsabayyal:

How does a gig thats running get denied?

I don’t get it…

@jackventura On the “Gig Denied” email Fiverr sent you, you would have been given the reason why i was denied as a moderator gets to write his/her comment. If you think it is an error, contact support with your concerns, but more and more review type gigs that would bring Fiverr into disrepute are being denied each day old and new there is no discrimination here on Fiverr at all, it’s just unfortunate that one of your gigs has probably been reported or deemed inappropriate for Fiverr at this time.

Regards

Wayne

@jackventura @dukestravels If your gig is against fiverr TOS or violating any third part site TOS, it will get deny. See the screenshot

@dukestravels personally happened with me. I know there are several hundreds of similar gigs. But all will get deny once passed by the mods. eye. I can understand why are you furious, I was in the same condition a few days ago but, think yourself,isn’t it violates third party TOS? Posting a fiver star review on a ebook on Amazon without reading it is legit? Isn’t it violates it’s TOS? Fiverr is just making there-selves and us safe.

jackventura said: we're guests, but we're also PAYING guests, after all.

And at the same time, while that remains true, you understand immediately that I cannot sell my "Blood" or "organs" on Fiverr.

I cannot sell um... fragglesrock on Fiverr.

I cannot sell um. fragglesrock on Fiverr.

I cannot sell um... fragglesrock on Fiverr.

So the assertion that "Fiverr is FOR violating the TOS of other sites is I think both demonstratively false, it also ignores that you don't pay at all for a sale you don't make. So that fiverr blocking your gig didn't give you a "bill" without the ability to pay.

In fact, if you really think this through, fiverr would LOVE to have you make sales because it's currently the main way they make any revenue. Cutting off a gig is something they do only with careful thought because it works both ways.

sheikhsabayyal said: f your gig is against fiverr TOS or violating any third part site TOS, it will get deny. See the screenshot

Thank you for sharing your screen shot! That was very generous of you!

Oh, am I misspelling or do both words have the same spelling? :slight_smile: I’ll just stick with METH :slight_smile:

oldbittygrandma said: Where I am from, we spell it Heroin.

A "heroine" in the sense that I meant it is: The principal female character in a novel, poem, or dramatic presentation.

Yes, I misspelled it and I did get your meaning (upon my misspelling). Fun!