Fiverr Forum

Fiverr and Skype

Hello Guy,

I’m new to this website and uploaded my first gig for writing instruction manuals, I was going to try adding a level of customer service by sending my Skype details to people in order to discuss projects with potential clients, but Fiverr won’t allow me to do this. I can understand why this is against their terms of service, because you could potentially take the business away from them.

I have noticed though that fellow Fiverr sellers do have gigs setup for Skype interviews and such the like. I was just wondering how this would be possible?

I look forward to your response.

Philip

You have to contact Fiverr Customer Support and ask in advance if it’s OK to use Skype for a gig. They generally allow it if it’s directly related to processing the gig itself, e.g., consultations, I’m not sure how they’d feel about general interaction. You may as well ask and find out. :slight_smile:

Thank you, I will do that then, the worst they can do is say no! :slight_smile:

Reply to @philtabest: Apparently Fiverr sent out an email suggesting that Skype was a good app to increase Fiverr productivity. You may have an even better chance now. :slight_smile:

Reply to @itsyourthing: Just had a look at your profile, when I get paid from my first gig I may have to order your services. I have tried re-writing my gig description on multiple occasions and I can’t make it work. I have always had that problem though, the same problem most people have, I can sell other peoples skills, but not my own.

Same with, I don’t know whether you ever had to create a signature whilst at school. I could do it for everyone’s name, but my own!

Reply to @philtabest: Thanks for checking out my gigs. :slight_smile: Sometimes it can be difficult to separate the ‘personal message’ - explaining more of the whys and hows - from presenting what the potential buyer wants and needs to know. Thankfully, I’ve honed my ability to switch into buyer perspective mode. I just wish I looked more like a Transformer when I do it.

Reply to @itsyourthing: What I do normally with my CV/ Resume is get a pen and paper, write information on there first with all my skills and experience, then I get my computer and copy the information up. I know it sounds weird, but it has helped in the past, as I tend to get distracted easily whilst writing about myself. I have managed to write a half decent gig description which I haven’t changed yet, as there are still things in it that I don’t like.

If you could turn my profile into a car that would help too, but I don’t expect you to go that far! :stuck_out_tongue:

Reply to @philtabest:

philtabest said: If you could turn my profile into a car that would help too, but I don't expect you to go that far!
Once I manage to 'manifest' new tires for my own car, I'll be happy to give it a try. ;)

_ __–—

---~~~~~~~~\ //~~~~~~~~---/'<br /> /~~~~~~~~~|| ||/~~~~~~~~~/<br />\ //’

\ //'<br /> || ||<br /> ______--~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~--______<br /> ___ // _-~ ~-_ \ ___<br />
)/~ ~/(_/’

_–-___ ___-'--_<br /> /~ ~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~ /' ~
/| ` ________ /' |
| ` ______`_
/ _/'______ /' |
| `_~-_____ ~-________________-~ /_____-~_/' |
`. ~-__________________________________-~ .'
`. [_______/------|~~|------_______] .'
`--___((____)(________/________)(____))___--/'
|>>>>>>|| ||<<<<<<|
`<<<<>>>>/'

Reply to @itsyourthing: That’s what my last profile looked like, needless to say I had to write it off!