Fiverr API Integration or WP Plugin?

musiclover

My mind never sleeps. Im forever coming up with ideas. This one will have pros & cons, but i think it would help me.

I have a few websites, but my main one offers web related services. I’m trying to brand my company online & offline, but when you’re not a big name entity, people are scared to try someone new. On fiverr, my performance and products shine. So i would like a Fiverr integration api. That way, I could possibly use a wp plugin to add my fiverr reviews, portfolio samples, and take advantage of their payment system so new customers will feel safe purchasing from me. Some people may not see the point, and may just opt to use paypal buttons on their websites or links to fiverr.

Here’s the dilema with posting direct links to my gigs, when people sign up for a new fiverr account, they dont get directed back to my gig, instead, they get redirected to the home page. I usually add instructions on my website and use “target” in my html so it’ll open in a new window, but i think there should be a better and easier way.

I dont know how effective it would be, but its just an idea. Im a web hosting reseller, and the company I’m with, has a wordpress theme, and plugin. So I installed them, all the services i setup in the back office of my account automatically created the entire website. So thats how i came up with the idea, but i doubt it if Fiverr would ever entertain the idea of a white label option. But i honestly wouldnt mind a “powered by fiverr” tag.

I just saw and agree with you, but what REALLY intrigued me about your forum post was “API”. As a PHP programmer, I can really get into a Fiverr API and use it for everything from my gigs to my forum comments.

And Nakita, you saw my quote this morning, I am sure. You know I can do the API and get the job done B-)

Guest jeffmoses

Hi,

Fiverr did provide a widget for sellers to use but this was removed some time ago. Presume they were eating bandwidth, but it was useful.

All the best,

Jeff

Guest jeffmoses

Hi,

It was available in the early days and was used by quite a few sellers on their websites etc, would have taken a screenshot but we were given no notice that the widget was being removed.

All the best,

Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

I also have a Wordpress site where people can pay and get instant access to information. Fully automated, I don’t need to do anything. If I could have people pay Fiverr and then have the API notify my site to give them access then it would be great for me. Right now I have to create a free token and give them the access point. Manual creation, PITA. I doubt they will ever create such a thing.

• 1 month later...

Reply to @nvoi: Reply to @nvoi: Well, the reason why I would want a fiverr api integration is because Fiverr has a better rapport with Paypal. If I withdraw money from Fiverr to Paypal, it looks normal. If I get multiple payments from unknown sources, it may look suspicious to Paypal. I fear Paypal freezing my account. I feel a little bit safer with transactions witin Fiverr.

musiclover said: If I get multiple payments from unknown sources, it may look suspicious to Paypal. I fear Paypal freezing my account. I feel a little bit safer with transactions witin Fiverr.
Dude, I have been dealing with PayPal for years and have several domains generating income and have not once had them freeze my account for getting too many payments or payments from strange places. I hate their fees, but I cant complain about the service.

Archived