I’m not sure I’ve ever witnessed ineptitude in customer support on this level. Here is the order of events.
Here is the order of events.
- Created gig about Keyword Research
- Got lots of sales and great reviews. It was truly a remarkable gig and people loved it.
- Decided to spice things up and make a video. People love video.
- Video approved by Fiverr team.
- I made video edits and reuploaded it. Didn’t like the first one, changed it.
- Video approved, yet again, by the Fiverr experts. Video approval (twice) indicates that the video did not violate Fiverr guidelines. Or so you would think…
- Fiverr out of nowhere, no warning, nothing, shuts down the gig which had 11 positive reviews and was ranking in the top 2 rows for “Keyword Research”.
What was their reason? An extremely vague “third party violations.” Fiverr didn’t like that my video had 6 total seconds with of imagery that contained logos from the third party services where I was providing the data. I made an extremely brief reference to SEO tools such as Ahrefs, SEMRush, Majestic, etc. Because people deserve to know where their data is coming from, do they not?
So the question is, why would anyone ever buy your keyword research gig if they don’t know where the data is pulled from?
Why isn’t every single social media gig on Fiverr pulled down and removed by that logic? Any gig that uses a Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google, Bing, etc logo should be immediately removed by this logic, should it not?
Lastly, why couldn’t Fiverr support act like a rational human being? They dropped the ball. Big time. They approved my video twice. So instead of being like “Whoops, sorry, we screwed up. We didn’t mean to approve your video, so we’re actually going to remove the video for you until you make these changes.” They could have kept the gig live. But no… instead, they remove the gig and make me start from scratch with no explanation.
The support representative in question is the very passive aggressive ********, who sends copy/pasted robot replies, is unable to admit that Fiverr screwed up, and now ignores all replies on the subject.
THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HATE FIVERR NOW GUYS. YOU’RE SH***** ON ALL YOUR SELLERS.
I guess the chatter about Fiverr going massively downhill is correct. Anyone else have firsthand experience with Fiverr going above and beyond to put themselves out of business?
Mod Note: Name of CS Agent removed. Please do not call out individual members of staff or Fiverr users on the forum.