Fiverr auto-questions after delivery; anyone else?

matureactress

This morning, after I made a delivery, I received two Fiverr pop-ups. Both were multiple-choice questions asking me to rate communications. The first was to rate communications with the order itself, the second was to rate communications with the Buyer.

I rated both as difficult, because I find guessing what a Buyer wants to be more the norm than certainty.

I suspect that Fiverr may be considering adding s***e as a mode of communication through their system. That would certainly take the guesswork out of fulfilling orders for me!

Anyone else getting these pop-ups?

Guest offlinehelpers

This morning, after I made a delivery, I received two Fiverr pop-ups. Both were multiple-choice questions asking me to rate communications. The first was to rate communications with the order itself, the second was to rate communications with the Buyer.

I rated both as difficult, because I find guessing what a Buyer wants to be more the norm than certainty.

I suspect that Fiverr may be considering adding s***e as a mode of communication through their system. That would certainly take the guesswork out of fulfilling orders for me!

I suspect that Fiverr may be considering adding s***e as a mode of communication through their system.

I do hope not - I’d have to start brushing my hair and doing make up and stuff - couldn’t be doing with that!

I suspect that Fiverr may be considering adding s***e as a mode of communication through their system.

I do hope not - I’d have to start brushing my hair and doing make up and stuff - couldn’t be doing with that!

lol, I can relate to that! However, you can choose not to be visible when you s***e.

Skyping would help people improve their English speaking skills, and I would certainly enjoy picking up some of their languages too!

Fiverr would become more than a marketplace. It would become a cyber-world of cultural understanding using creative types like us!!!

Just put a sticker over your laptop cam to be sure the setting for not being visible doesn’t change on its own accord like some buggy fiverr settings 😉

Guest offlinehelpers

Just put a sticker over your laptop cam to be sure the setting for not being visible doesn’t change on its own accord like some buggy fiverr settings 😉

Good thinking - I want to get buyers, not frighten them off!

My desktop PCs don’t have cameras, so I’m alright there!

I still can’t think of anything worse I’m afraid, picture or no picture.

Good thinking - I want to get buyers, not frighten them off!

My desktop PCs don’t have cameras, so I’m alright there!

I still can’t think of anything worse I’m afraid, picture or no picture.

Me either, I have another place I go to for a cyber world, I just want to work here, not cyber…

As long as it’s optional it’s fine, but I’m seeing a few problems, see your last reply to my last post in the chat thread… 😉

(reply is to @offlinehelpers doesn’t show the reply icon when the post replied to is the last post in the thread :/)

Guest offlinehelpers

Me either, I have another place I go to for a cyber world, I just want to work here, not cyber…

As long as it’s optional it’s fine, but I’m seeing a few problems, see your last reply to my last post in the chat thread… 😉

(reply is to @offlinehelpers doesn’t show the reply icon when the post replied to is the last post in the thread :/)

Indeed - too friendly by far!

I really liked this s***e Idea. But i don’t think it’s logically and technically possible as of yet right now. Fiverr can’t handle those things. They have to come up with pretty new and advance technique if they will use this feature in future!

The technology is most definitely here. The dating sites are using it.

The technology is most definitely here. The dating sites are using it.

Well, fiverr have to track all the s***e chats and video conversations between a seller and buyers (from both ends). To make sure that sellers & buyers are not trying to contact outside of fiverr… or doing things which are against of Terms of Service.

I am not cool, if they can read my s***e conversation. It doesn’t feel safe.

I know for sure, Fiverr will take serious time if they come up with this feature. They have to partnership with microsoft… etc…

At first I didn’t understand where you were coming from with your comment, but after some thought I do.

s***e could make Fiverr a virtual orchard for perverts seeking to pick conversation with females.

Unless they make it available ONLY to Buyers who’ve placed an order.

At first I didn’t understand where you were coming from with your comment, but after some thought I do.

s***e could make Fiverr a virtual orchard for perverts seeking to pick conversation with females.

Yeah… Exactly. 😂

Not even only perverts (but also and that will be the worst part. There is screen recording software too BTW. Pandora’s box.). It will mean a lot of maneuvering and additional time to get the talks from marriage and other proposals back on gig track and just generally I think it might very well often take more time than reduce time versus written communication.

I have customers whose English is such that it’s even difficult to understand when written down, and I suppose some use Google Translate or colleagues to understand what I type, too. Can’t see that working well with s***e.

Depends on gigs and people involved.

Even if ‘only’ available to buyers with active orders.

I am not a fan of the s***e idea. All I want is the brief. I don’t want a chit-chat about “needs”. I want a written document telling me what I need to do (I use a questionnaire) that I can refer to when I am working. Besides, these “consultation” sessions can always turn into 45-minutre free brainpicking sessions without any gig coming through in the end.

Only yesterday, a nice young British person transformed from a gushing “I love your profile” to a “YOU ARE EVERYTHING THAT MAKES FIVERR SHIT” kinda buyer because I suggested that if they wanted to discuss a basic ($10) rewriting gig to ensure that I yadda yadda blah, I’d have to charge a consultation fee. When pressed as to why, I told him it was because for $10, it wasn’t worth my while.

Apparently that makes me an extortionate unprofessional who misleads with hidden fees. That said, maybe they will behave a bit better when they can be seen and heard. I somehow doubt it though–those Little Power Lords of their Empire who own their slaves for $5 probably won’t think anything of it. Did I mention this charmer also wanted to put me on his–no doubt huge–blog to EXPOSE me as a FRAUD?

Perhaps having a recording of this epic rant to then share to the world via YouTube and some careful SEO would have been fun. I am on the fence. I also agree that the pervs may just do what they do best with surprise pervery.

I am not a fan of the s***e idea. All I want is the brief. I don’t want a chit-chat about “needs”. I want a written document telling me what I need to do (I use a questionnaire) that I can refer to when I am working. Besides, these “consultation” sessions can always turn into 45-minutre free brainpicking sessions without any gig coming through in the end.

Only yesterday, a nice young British person transformed from a gushing “I love your profile” to a “YOU ARE EVERYTHING THAT MAKES FIVERR SHIT” kinda buyer because I suggested that if they wanted to discuss a basic ($10) rewriting gig to ensure that I yadda yadda blah, I’d have to charge a consultation fee. When pressed as to why, I told him it was because for $10, it wasn’t worth my while.

Apparently that makes me an extortionate unprofessional who misleads with hidden fees. That said, maybe they will behave a bit better when they can be seen and heard. I somehow doubt it though–those Little Power Lords of their Empire who own their slaves for $5 probably won’t think anything of it. Did I mention this charmer also wanted to put me on his–no doubt huge–blog to EXPOSE me as a FRAUD?

Perhaps having a recording of this epic rant to then share to the world via YouTube and some careful SEO would have been fun. I am on the fence. I also agree that the pervs may just do what they do best with surprise pervery.

Just hire some slaves for 5 dollars to do the SEO work and Youtube postings for you! And then insult them when they want to have a consultation fee…XD

s***e will inevitably become an option on Fiverr, because…

1. Fiverr prides itself on being an innovative company.
  2. Fiverr can’t lag behind technically and survive the competition.
  3. Communication is the number one complaint among both Buyers and Sellers.
  4. Non-verbal language is a large part of business communication, s***e provides that.

Nobody will put a gun to your head to use s***e. Although, I suspect that Sellers that use it will get higher ranking than those that don’t because that’s the best way for Fiverr to track ROI.

I’m flattered that Fiverr chose to question me. I consider myself a “do’er” and “do’ers” like reasons to “do” better!

Guest offlinehelpers

4. Non-verbal language is a large part of business communication, s***e provides that.

Nobody will put a gun to your head to use s***e. Although, I suspect that Sellers that use it will get higher ranking than those that don’t because that’s the best way for Fiverr to track ROI.

I’m flattered that Fiverr chose to question me. I consider myself a “do’er” and “do’ers” like reasons to “do” better!

Guess that must make me an undoer! 😀

A buyer could, if unhappy with the delivery (or being a skinflint scammer) use those video communications against you: “you didn’t do [whatever] that we discussed on s***e!”. Now how is CS going to monitor that? And where do the chips fall?

The primary reason for failure of communication is poor English and poor communication skills. While the latter can be fixed more rapidly “face to face”, it won’t help with the former. Imagine trying to speak with someone who speaks English completely unintelligably: at least with the writing you have lots of time to wrangle meaning out of the mess.

I don’t consider Fiverr to be particularly innovative, and the only reason its in the ascendant is because the competition is just as bad–and this new potential feature has been in place there for years. I hope some awesome competition comes and blows all of them out the water, myself.

EDIT: I mean, why work for the competition for equal amounts of peanuts and commissions when here the work can come to you? That’s it–and as Fiverr grows, it needs to budget more on pre-vetting shit sellers. That’s all. Oh, and fixing the bugs. New features = more bugs.

I haven’t had those pop ups and I really hope s***e doesn’t become easily available - everyone will expect it. I can use it at the moment when I choose too as I have a consultation gig and it suits me to have people pay for my time and my internet data, but I’d much rather have written instructions.

s***e is a terrible idea. Communication isn’t the big issue on Fiverr. The big issue is too many incompetent sellers coupled with too many buyers trying to resell services but having the equivocal intelligence of a swarm of flies.

Archived