Fiverr Community Forum

Fiverr Automatically marked the Gig Complete, but the Buyer wants Modifications

Dear Friends,
Hope You all are doing well. I’ve been a seller here on Fiverr for a few months now, but have learnt a lot of things. Today, I want to share with You guys an experience that I’ve had with One of My clients here on Fiverr.

1. About the Project : This Project basically was all about Deploying 2 Wordpress Listing Directory Websites. The client wanted to build a “Targeted Niche-Specific” Website ( the child website ) and a Parent Website ( where He wanted to aggregate all the listings from the child website ). He already had a few such small websites and He wanted Me to build another one for Him. I gave the Project 7 Days for Deployment. Project involved CSS changes and other Functional Tweaks.

2. Once the Project was Ordered : After the Buyer payed for the Project, He totally went into a “Hiding”. He only maintained active communication for 1 Day, after which He totally disappeared. Then, on the 4th day, He suddenly comes back and Replies to My comment ( where He states that He was away for a “Family Vacation” ).

3. Again Ignores Me after the 4th Day : After the 4th day, after He Posted His comment, He again virtually disappeared and didn’t reply to My conversation. Now, I kept working on the Project till then. Finally, on the last day, I Delivered the Project.

4. After the Delivery : Again, the Buyer neither asked Me for any Modifications, nor did He mark the Gig “Complete”. 3 Days passed by, and the Gig was Automatically marked as complete by Fiverr. I can now see the Funds Pending Clearance.

5. Return of the Buyer : Two days later ( i.e 5 Days after the Gig was marked “Auto-Complete”, the Buyer suddenly contacts Me on Fiverr’s messaging system, and says that He couldn’t respond because of “Family Issues”. There, He then asked Me to make certain modifications.

6. Post Modifications Scenario : Despite the fact that I made the Modifications for Him ( even though the Project was marked complete ), He started insulting My work. I told Him that I had made the Modifications despite the fact that the Gig was already marked complete. He again presented Me with a list of Modifications.

7. Enters the Customer Support : When I refused to make any more Modifications ( because the Order was complete and I had already done the Mods ), He threatened Me by saying that “He will take this to the Customer Support”. I said go ahead and do that. How much more time should I dedicate to an Old Project when I have got new Projects that I should be working on ?

8. How the Customer Support treated Me : I have to say here that Fiverr’s Customer Support is totally Pro-Buyer, but they don’t want to feel the Pain of the Seller. The First Reply that I got from their executive sounded as if “I had done something wrong”. Not once did She mention that the Buyer maintained a “Lack of Communication” and “Buyer Never Respected the Timeline”. I told Her that I respected the Timeline and delivered My order before time. It was the Buyer who never responded, and when He responded, the order was already completed. She then said that the Buyer had “Family Issues”. In My next Reply, I sent a Screenshot of the Post where the Buyer had clearly said that “He was back from a Family Vacation”. She also mentioned that “I was supposed to make Modifications when My Funds were Pending Clearance” !

I can go on and on here, but the fact is, if a Buyer doesn’t respect the Timeline, then its totally fine for Fiverr. But, if a Seller doesn’t respect the Timeline, then its a major issue.

Now, because the Project is already completed, the Buyer can extract infinite amount of Revisions from Me ? I think the “Number of Revisions” on any Fiverr Project is there for a reason. Now, She wants Me to make Mods for the client. Even if I make Mods for Him, He can still at the end give Me a 1 Star and disappear.

Need Guidance from My More experienced friends Here on Fiverr.

Kind Regards,
Vurdpress

3 Likes

According to the terms of service:

Sellers must send completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Completed Work button (located on the Order page) to mark the order as Delivered

Surely once an order is marked as “complete” you can’t re-deliver the work using the “Deliver” button. How do CS want you to re-deliver the work (with the modifications) for that order that is marked as complete?

4 Likes

Hi Uk100,
Thanks for Your revert. Absolutely, that is exactly the Point that I’m trying to emphasise here. I’ve totally delivered the work on time ( rather before time ) and I also noticed that the Buyer was active during these 5 Days on Fiverr ( when He knowingly ignored My Replies ). He could have simply asked for a Modification, and I would have gladly done that for Him.

I asked the Customer Support to show Me where in Fiverr’s Guidelines or T.O.S it is stated that the Buyer can come back ( after the order is marked complete ) and ask for Revisions. This in My opinion, is a total mockery of the “Time based delivery” system that Fiverr has.

Kind Regards,
Vurdpress.

3 Likes

This just happened to me as well. Order was closed, no communication from the client during the order. She never gave me a review. And today she comes back and wants a revision that was her error. So what to do? She has me over a barrel, because if I don’t do it, she can still leave me a bad review. So I opted to look like I’m saving her life. Gave her a mild reprimand, told her I don’t normally do this but I’ll give her a break. Maybe she just didn’t understand how things work. Maybe she’s extorting free work from me. I don’t know. But the correction isn’t a huge deal and I can get it done in a minute. So I opted to be nice.

2 Likes

On the other hand, if you do the requested modifications, notwithstanding the fact that the modification period has ended, you may end up with a very happy client, who may refer you to others, and give you a 5 star review.

Obvioulsy don’t make a habit of giving too many modifications, but as a one-off, if it’s not going to take too much time, then why not? :sunny:

2 Likes

Hi Offlinehelpers,
Thanks for Your Reply. Really appreciate it. Sure, but He can give Me a Rating anytime ( for the next 30 days ). So that means, He can extract infinite amount of work from Me for those 30 days ?

The point that I want to bring to Your kind attention is that I’ve already implemented 1 set of Modifications for Him. He now wants Me to do More. Its not just a One-Off here.

Kind Regards,
Vurdpress.

1 Like

Hi Bobshaw23,
Hope You’re doing well. Really value Your Reply. I’ve already implemented 1 set of Modifications for Him ( that too when the Order was already completed ). Now, He wants more. That is the main issue here.

Kind Regards,
Vurdpress.

Seems like you’ve made your mind up then - wasn’t much point in posting your question really.

Good luck! :grinning:

1 Like

I guess it’s a matter of putting things into perspective. The fact that you’re posting about this person means that it probably doesn’t happen all too often. Consider all your GOOD clients who never give you a hassle like this. Personally, I think the best thing for you to do is just suck it up, do what they need, and when the review is in and order is closed, don’t take any more orders from that person again. Live and learn. LOL

3 Likes

Hi Offlinehelpers,
I wanted to share My experience with all the members Here. That is Why I posted this in the “Your Fiverr Experience” category. I firmly believe that it is totally unfair that Fiverr is giving Preferance to a Buyer Who has no respect whatsoever for Fiverr Timelines.

The Rules should be the same for all. That is the main point that I wanted to emphasise here.

Good Luck !

How many revisions do you offer?

If you state in your gig that you offer 2 revisions, and you have revised the work once, the CS might decide that the buyer has the right to demand another revision.

If you have revised the work as many times as your gig states that you would, you can politely remind the buyer of that, and offer another set of revisions for a price.

2 Likes

If you state in your gig that you offer 2 revisions, and you have revised the work once, the CS might decide that the buyer has the right to demand another revision.

But how can he deliver another revision if the order/delivery is marked as “complete”. If he delivered it in a message, isn’t that technically against the terms of service?

1 Like

Hi Catwriter,
Thanks for You Reply. I have Revised the work Once for Him. He contacted me via the “Fiverr Messaging System”, wherein He stated that He wanted a Specific set of Modifications to be made.

Also, I had promised 2 Revisions in My Proposal. I’ve already made 1. The issue here is that there is No Proper way of keeping a Tab of the “Number of Modifications” that I make for Him now. That is because the Order is marked complete. Now, there is no “Deliver Again” button there on the Order Page.

Another weird thing that I’ve noticed with the Fiverr Order system is that even if My Gig gives the buyer an option of “1 Revision”, after making that 1 Revision, Fiverr will still give the Buyer an Option to ask for More Revisions. That way, He can ask any number of Revisions. That is something Fiverr needs to take cognisance of.

Kind Regards,
Vurdpress

You know, you could have probably done the modification in the time it’s taken you to write about it - just saying. :wink:

3 Likes

Hi Offlinehelpers,
You know, I firmly believe that its a Sin to do anything Wrong to someone, but its a bigger Sin to Accept something Wrong. I’ve already spent Hours doing the 1st Modification. Moreover, the 2nd Set of Modifications are Yet to come :see_no_evil:. He has just outlined His intent ( that He wants another Modification ).

Kind Regards,
Vurdpress

1 Like

As far as I know, the only way to do it is in a message. I don’t remember if there’s something in the ToS that forbids it (if there is, I suppose it’s possible to ask CS how to do it without violating the ToS).

You can deliver through the message, and make a screenshot as a proof.

It’s been discussed already on the forum, and while it’s annoying when buyers abuse the modification option, it’s unlikely that Fiverr will remove it.

Somebody complained on the forum that their buyer returned after a long while and demanded a revision, and CS sided with the buyer because the seller offered unlimited revisions.

3 Likes

Dear Friends,
Just wanted to give You guys an Update regarding the situation. This Thread was started on the 13th of September and today is the 15th of September. 2 Days later, the case has been Resolved. Let Me share with My distinguished friends, the series of Events :

1. Blocking of My Funds : So basically, when this Order was disputed by the buyer, I had a total of 3 Orders Pending clearance. The First two were from projects which I had deployed a long time ago. The third one was from the disputed order. Now, on the 14th of September ( when one of My Orders was supposed to Clear ), I noticed that My Withdrawal Options were disabled by the Customer Support. Now, I had cleared funds in My Account, which I couldn’t withdraw. As a result, I wrote to the Customer Support and I asked them “Why are My funds from previous orders being blocked” ? I told them that these were orders which had nothing to do with the disputed order. The first ticket that I opened was marked “solved” without a reply, and I got a reply on the second ticket, but, there was no mention about the reason behind blocking the Funds from past orders.

2. I had to Offer a Refund : Now that all My previous Funds were being blocked, I had no other option, but to offer a Refund to the Client. The Customer Support told Me to write to the Client and propose a Mutual Cancellation. I did that and the client agreed. After this, My Withdrawals were Restored.

When the Customer Support blocked My Funds from previous order, I asked them to let Me withdraw My funds from the previous orders. I told them, that they can block the “Disputed” order for the time being, but at least let Me have access to the Funds from My previous orders. No Reply to this from their end.

Finally, this experience of mine, is a testimony to the fact that there isn’t much that a Seller can do in these type of situations ( where the Buyer is totally callous and negligent and takes the Seller for granted ). Also, I’ve noticed a lot of the Clients that will first order Your Gig, and when they later on find a cheaper deal, give absurd reasons for Cancelling the Gig. Then there are other clients who “Re-Sell” Your services to another client. These are the people who really don’t care much about the Timelines and will make You work as long as their other client wants the Project to be modified.

This case in particular was an Open and Shut case ( because the Buyer never ever kept proper communication, kept giving different reasons for absence ( first “Vacation” and then “Family Issues” ), neither marked the Order Complete nor did He ever ask for Modifications, and after the Order got completed, He comes back and asks You to make Modifications and insults Your work. Even when You make the Modifications, He still wants more.

Many a times during My conversation with the Support Staff, I asked them to show Me Where Fiverr’s T.O.S allows a seller to work on an order outside “Fiverr’s Order Delivery System” ( as mentioned by uk1000 ). I never got a reply on this.

This is the reality of Fiverr. It is the Seller Who has to always bear the brunt ( via cancellations ).

Kind Regards,
Vurdpress

Did you not know about the information provided in the link below?
https://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007019428-Accepting-Deliveries
What did the CS say about that?
Did they forget it or is it wrong information?

I don’t think you are liable to provide revisions after the order is complete.

1 Like

I am really sorry to hear about your experience with this order. It’s not written down anywhere but the basic rule of Fiverr is, make your customer happy even if they are requesting some kind of blood sacrifice.

I too have noticed something odd going on with my earnings with regard to disputes. In the past, I would get an email from Fiverr saying that some monkey had reversed their payment and I should stop working on their order immediately. Now the only sign I have that a buyer has gone above me to CS to get a refund is a sudden drop in my order completion ratio.

Regarding the work you delivered to this client, can you find out if they are using it even though they have received a full refund? If they are, load your best character assassination shotgun and go all out on social media and different review sites. Trash them. Torch their reputation. Tell people that the company wanting their business is the ultimate personification of scumbaggeryness.

You will still be out of pocket but you will have restored something like karmic balance to your universe.

1 Like

I can not speak to your Buyer situation, but I can speak about the 3-day auto-complete policy. I understand that time is money, so when I placed an order I’d paid for upgrades and additional modifications. I’m very unhappy with fiverr. I had an order that was received on Sunday and was auto-completed on Monday. We are a business and to include the weekend as part of the 3-day auto-complete cycle doesn’t leave time for a professional organization to review the file and make changes.On Tuesday, the second business day after receiving the file I sent a message stating the changes where coming, but by then the auto-complete had kicked in. The auto-complete has made us very concerned about using fiverr for important future projects. The seller did a good job and stated that they will work with us on changes. We do not have a problem with the seller only with fiverr 3-day policy that includes non-business days. Again. let me restate I am happy with our seller.

1 Like