Fiverr automatically pauses gigs now

Last complaint of the day I SWEAR.

I have been handing in gigs late, mainly because these people knew things were going to be late before they ordered. I then received an email which said:

"To help you catch up on work, we suggest suspending your Gig titled ‘write 2 x 500 Word Unique Articles by native English writer’. "

Now, to me, they suggest that I should pause it NOT that they would pause it on my behalf. So, I opened up the gig and BAM, it was paused. I didn’t do it. This means that Fiverr is now automatically pausing gigs for people, even when the gig is highly active!

Fiverr wants to make money from every order. They don’t just punish you for “cancelled order, seller failed to deliver on time,” they punish you for refunding orders nowadays.

You know I like and respect you very much and am sympathetic to your plight always.
I’ve never had any orders cancelled due to lateness.
Can’t you set it to give you enough time so you don’t deliver late? They probably see those and want to get you to deliver on time so there aren’t cancellations.

This has happened to people before, although I think I’ve only seen it twice in two years. One did have more than 100 orders in queue but was just a new level 2. She had been featured and publicized in a major ad campaign and didn’t know it, so she went from 20 something in queue to 100+ in 24 hours. She started getting late cancels fast and came to the forum in a panic. I don’t know what else happened but her account was closed a few months later.

The other time I saw a user quote the message you got, he was also a new level 2 and apparently burned out and quit with less than 25 in queue. They all went late and were cancelled. He came back months later and found the message from Fiverr, paused gigs, and huge negative rating. He never posted again after the initial story and I don’t remember more, so I don’t know the outcome.

Neither of those match your situation since you are routinely late but in touch with CS. I’ve seen so many mentions of changes, bans, and such in the past few weeks, my guess would be they are attempting to raise some kind of bar, but without much notice.

<<She had been featured and publicized in a major ad campaign AND DIDN’T KNOW IT, so she went from 20 something in queue to 100+ in 24 hours. She started getting late cancels fast and came to the forum in a panic. I don’t know what else happened but her account was closed a few months later.>>

Quoting Maddie, bolding by me. Something is wrong in there. I suppose major ad campaigns are being handled by the same person who thinks not notifying people of and not making them actively read and accept (frequent) TOS changes is a good idea too :wink: I respectfully but fully disagree with that idea.

I must say that it does make sense for Fiverr to try to do something about too many too late deliveries, as we all want them to get buyers here, and orders being delivered on time surely is one of their big points of attraction.
My own main gig frequently ‘pauses itself’, because I set the allowed orders in queue number low, when I start getting too busy.

How they handle it, is, again, a completely different animal. I wonder why they don´t upfront and before they do things like that, you know, like…for example make use of their “News & Announcements”-category here? Ideally even with some sound reasoning, so people won´t only get to hear the one side and start to panic, when changes happen and affected sellers come here to rant? Just an idea.

I haven’t heard of it happening since then, just people excited at notifications. I don’t know if hers was missed by accident or just a tragic lesson was learned. I just kept notes on the warnings for her and the other one. When I see an official Fiverr notice that is new to me, I try to keep a copy. (Doesn’t always happen.)

Obviously, the one rules applies to all, would no longer function on 5er.

Like projects that take longer than 30 days, and due to unavailability of such feature, sellers like Ryan, are having to resort to hack fix situations, which in turn is coming and biting them in the bum bum.

Sadly since the entire concept of 5er were based on $5 gigs, and as such there was no foresight into it’s scalability in the future.

Now if they want to go beyond their “$5 dollar gig economy” theme, they definitely need to update policies accordingly.

Right…