Fiverr Community Forum

Fiverr buyer sending mail and phone in the order page

I have one active order and which involves adding the phone number in the app, mail and OTP verification like that. The buyer told me that he has demo credentials for testing the web backend implementation. So I asked for a demo credentials but at that time I thought it’s just a demo user name and demo pass (for his server connection) but instead, it was a mail ID (Not Gmail it was with his domain). After that in order to login to the merchant version of the same business app, I need to enter phone no. so for that, he sent US phone no as well.

After, he sending me all these, I just mentioned that “sharing phone number is against Fiverr TOS and I believe these are only test credentials, not active phone number and mail” and then he just replied with “Yeah, these are demo credentials”

So I just wanted to know whether these things will bring me trouble or not?

Can anyone please clarify this! Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

2 Likes

Man, you’re right. I just saw that. Thanks for letting me know this. I really should have spent the time to read and understand the ToS page.

You do not need to worry about because Fiverr allow contact information form buyer’s on order page but Seller can’t share contact information even on order page.

1 Like

Yes check in fiverr TAC