Fiverr BUYERS BEWARE!

cindy10396

I have a huge gripe!
Fiverr BUYERS BEWARE! I just had the worst experience on Fiverr as a fist time buyer! I cancelled the order because the seller was not delivering on the times he said. I allowed him an extension, but still did not deliver or communicate well. Worst of all…SO NOW THAT I CANCELLED I CANNOT LEAVE A REVIEW WARNING OTHERS NOT TO WASTE THEIR TIME WITH THIS SELLER. THIS PROBABLY HAPPENED BEFORE AND NO ONE COULD WARN ME OR OTHERS. THE SELLERS NAME IS *********!>>>>>BUYERS BEWARE<<<<<<HE COULD WASTE YOUR TIME!!

Now I do not want to deal with Fiverr again, because this could happen again. The reviews are bogus because you cannot get feedback from all the cancelled orders because of unprofessional behavior!

Mod Note: 📋 It is against the Forum Rules to negatively call out a buyer or seller. You may send the username to Customer Support if the user has actually violated the Fiverr Terms of Service, but the public forum is not the right place forrname call-outs.

I am unable to find the right place to do this. I wanted to just leave a review but since I am unable to and I cannot talk with customer service, I am just trying to get justice as a buyer.

I don’t want to be doing this. I just wanted to purchase a service and develop a business relationship but I did not get good service.

I am unable to find the right place to do this. I wanted to just leave a review but since I am unable to and I cannot talk with customer service, I am just trying to get justice as a buyer.

I don’t want to be doing this. I just wanted to purchase a service and develop a business relationship but I did not get good service.

You can could try contacting support@fiverr.com if needed.

Also a cancelled order will have affected the seller’s stats which can affect their level or make it harder to achieve a Fiverr level. Also it’s likely the seller worked on the order and now has no payment for what they worked on.

Also a cancelled order will have affected the seller’s stats which can affect their level or make it harder to achieve a Fiverr level. Also it’s likely the seller worked on the order and now has no payment for what they worked on.

I was very nice about allowing him another 12 hours, but when he did not deliver or even contact me, I felt it was not professional and I did not want to waste any more time on excuses.

Thanks for the email. I was not able to find that.

You cancelled, that means you forfeited your right to review the seller. Why is that a problem?

It’s a fair system. If you want to hurt someone’s reputation, you have to pay. This isn’t Facebook, on Facebook you can write negative reviews of any restaurant, store, page, etc.

Besides, your bad experience doesn’t mean the seller is delivering late or not delivering at all with other clients. Maybe he’s in the hospital, maybe he suffered a car accident, maybe he’s unavailable, maybe he doesn’t have the Fiverr app or his computer broke or he had a death in the family and can’t deal with Fiver right now.

At this point I just want my money refunded and move on, but Fiverr has credited me and I do not want to use Fiverr again.

You cancelled, that means you forfeited your right to review the seller. Why is that a problem?

It’s a fair system. If you want to hurt someone’s reputation, you have to pay. This isn’t Facebook, on Facebook you can write negative reviews of any restaurant, store, page, etc.

Besides, your bad experience doesn’t mean the seller is delivering late or not delivering at all with other clients. Maybe he’s in the hospital, maybe he suffered a car accident, maybe he’s unavailable, maybe he doesn’t have the Fiverr app or his computer broke or he had a death in the family and can’t deal with Fiver right now.

He said it was his birthday.

And he showed online, and told me he would have it by a certain allowed extension.

I do take in consideration all of the above things you mentioned. But I think this was unacceptable.

Besides if he would of communicated things to me better I would of been more understanding.

Sorry, but why would you be able to use a forum to defame a seller?

reading the rules might help … from this kind of attitude that it seems you have , I’m sure that the story has definitely 2 sides

reading the rules might help …

I agree…

SO NOW THAT I CANCELLED I CANNOT LEAVE A REVIEW WARNING OTHERS

Your extreme frustration and annoyance at not being able to leave a review on a canceled order only shows that you didn’t bother familiarizing yourself with Fiverr’s Terms of Service. All Fiverr users are supposed to thoroughly read and understand Fiverr’s ToS and keep them in mind while on Fiverr.

If you were aware of Fiverr’s Terms of Service, you would’ve already known that buyers cannot leave a review on canceled orders. I mean, it is clearly spelled out in the ToS. :thinking:

You would have done a whole lot of good had you read the ToS, not canceled the order, and left a review the seller deserved (had you thought the negative review was worth not canceling for). This would have helped out a lot of future prospective buyers. Unfortunately, you really can’t do anything about it now that you have canceled the order. 😿

This is the exact reason why some sellers get away with fooling/scamming buyers as a lot of buyers would rather have their money refunded than post a negative review so as to warn future prospective buyers. To be honest, there’s nothing wrong in doing that (you are entitled a refund if the order was not delivered as promised). However, do not expect to also be able to submit a review after canceling the order.

I agree…

Your extreme frustration and annoyance at not being able to leave a review on a canceled order only shows that you didn’t bother familiarizing yourself with Fiverr’s Terms of Service. All Fiverr users are supposed to thoroughly read and understand Fiverr’s ToS and keep them in mind while on Fiverr.

If you were aware of Fiverr’s Terms of Service, you would’ve already known that buyers cannot leave a review on canceled orders. I mean, it is clearly spelled out in the ToS. :thinking:

You would have done a whole lot of good had you read the ToS, not canceled the order, and left a review the seller deserved (had you thought the negative review was worth not canceling for). This would have helped out a lot of future prospective buyers. Unfortunately, you really can’t do anything about it now that you have canceled the order. 😿

This is the exact reason why some sellers get away with fooling/scamming buyers as a lot of buyers would rather have their money refunded than post a negative review so as to warn future prospective buyers. To be honest, there’s nothing wrong in doing that (you are entitled a refund if the order was not delivered as promised). However, do not expect to also be able to submit a review after canceling the order.

Right? And it’s also totally justifiable.

I don’t understand why people use services whose terms they disagree with and then get mad when those terms are set in place. Oh, that’s if they read them.

You know what I love about posts like this? It’s basically the fact that someone goes to the lengths of screaming “Fiverr is Bogus, BUYER BEWARE, etc.”

I have had countless items never arrive from eBay. I have been served bad things to eat in supposedly good restaurants. I even had a woman at the Chinese part of Epcot in Disney Land forget my order once. The thing is, I never immediately thought that a logical response to the situation at hand, would be to scream “DISNEY LAND IS A SCAM!!!”

Nor for that matter “BUYER BEWARE, EBAY SELLERS ARE ALL FAKE!!!”

Basically, lower hysteria+less shouting = maybe you have a grievance we could help with.

By comparison, huge hysteria + excessive use of caps and shouting = probably you are not the best person to leave an objective review in the first place.

At this point I just want my money refunded and move on, but Fiverr has credited me and I do not want to use Fiverr again.

Support will often send refunded money back to the place it came from. Ask them nicely, and they should do it for you.

The thing is, I never immediately thought that a logical response to the situation at hand, would be to scream “DISNEY LAND IS A SCAM!!!”

It is a little bit of a scam. They call themselves the happiest place on earth. That’s a lie.

The happiest place on earth is my warm bed.

You know what I love about posts like this? It’s basically the fact that someone goes to the lengths of screaming “Fiverr is Bogus, BUYER BEWARE, etc.”

I have had countless items never arrive from eBay. I have been served bad things to eat in supposedly good restaurants. I even had a woman at the Chinese part of Epcot in Disney Land forget my order once. The thing is, I never immediately thought that a logical response to the situation at hand, would be to scream “DISNEY LAND IS A SCAM!!!”

Nor for that matter “BUYER BEWARE, EBAY SELLERS ARE ALL FAKE!!!”

Basically, lower hysteria+less shouting = maybe you have a grievance we could help with.

By comparison, huge hysteria + excessive use of caps and shouting = probably you are not the best person to leave an objective review in the first place.

I agree 100%

Look at the airline industry, it’s heavily-regulated and full of horror stories. Passengers kept on the tarmac for hours, roaches on planes, therapy animals that bite other passengers, flight delays, flight cancellations, people denied boarding for what they’re wearing, people thrown out the plane for disagreeing with the flight attendant… and yet who screams “X airline is a scam”?

Support will often send refunded money back to the place it came from. Ask them nicely, and they should do it for you.

The thing is, I never immediately thought that a logical response to the situation at hand, would be to scream “DISNEY LAND IS A SCAM!!!”

It is a little bit of a scam. They call themselves the happiest place on earth. That’s a lie.

Okay… Sultry, but okay…

read this note on A fiverr seller by a new buyer!
feel sad for the buyer
but as a seller i have to say something!
the sellers are also human beings,they are not robots!
they have their personal life also and everyone can face personel problem as a human being
not all buyers but some buyer think they can use us (seller) they want and for only 5 or 10$ or more!
isn’t it a crime?
and at the end they give 3 star review sying “i got what i want” but the seller is not communicative
and believe me this hurts alot the new sellers!
please fiverr help sellers with giving some edge on review system
and one more thing
not all sellers have all the skills
for example i am graphic designer and i can design minimal design perfectly but i don’t have that much grip in vintage or other
but buyer think a designer can design everything and every kind of design they want!
our discription says everything about our skills
so these are some suggestion i have in my mind as a seller on fiverr

I have a huge gripe!

Fiverr BUYERS BEWARE! I just had the worst experience on Fiverr as a fist time buyer! I cancelled the order because the seller was not delivering on the times he said. I allowed him an extension, but still did not deliver or communicate well. Worst of all…SO NOW THAT I CANCELLED I CANNOT LEAVE A REVIEW WARNING OTHERS NOT TO WASTE THEIR TIME WITH THIS SELLER. THIS PROBABLY HAPPENED BEFORE AND NO ONE COULD WARN ME OR OTHERS. THE SELLERS NAME IS *********!>>>>>BUYERS BEWARE<<<<<<HE COULD WASTE YOUR TIME!!

Now I do not want to deal with Fiverr again, because this could happen again. The reviews are bogus because you cannot get feedback from all the cancelled orders because of unprofessional behavior!

Mod Note: 📋 It is against the Forum Rules to negatively call out a buyer or seller. You may send the username to Customer Support if the user has actually violated the Fiverr Terms of Service, but the public forum is not the right place forrname call-outs.

I allowed him an extension, but still did not deliver or communicate well. Worst of all…SO NOW THAT I CANCELLED I CANNOT LEAVE A REVIEW WARNING

Everyone is forgetting that if the order would’ve run into the “late” stage fiverr would’ve gave you an option to cancel it automatically from your end and it would’ve left automatic 1 star review to a seller saying that “cancelled! Seller failed to deliver on time!”

But I guess you didn’t have that option? If not then your seller wasn’t late with a delivery in the eyes of fiverr.

(I think I also would’ve been more human and understanding with a birthday and gave him extra day not just 12 hours. 12 hours it basically only one night especially if you don’t know the local time for your seller. Was it unprofessional from a seller not to keep to his promise? Of course it was. But if you didn’t have option to cancel with a review then technically your order wasn’t late.

You placed an order for a service. You expected the order to be delivered at a certain time, it wasn’t. You then gave an extension but the seller has yet to finish your order.

It’s safe to say that since you purchased the service it is something that you wanted/needed. Why not allow another reasonable extension (let’s say 2 days) so the seller can complete the order.

Let’s say your final delivery was wonderful and you loved everything about it. You then could have wrote a review and left the proper rating for this service.

"Finish product came out great but the seller was extremely late on delivering it. Very unprofessional communication. I will not be returning back." - 2 stars

I agree…

I think this is a bad rule.

reading the rules might help … from this kind of attitude that it seems you have , I’m sure that the story has definitely 2 sides

Yes of course it does and I have the conversation between both of us.

I was polite and courtesy to him, even when he didn’t deliver on time telling me it was his Birthday. I am open to your opinion on my attitude in the correspondence.

Status Late Purchased from XXXXXXXX Delivery due date Jul 30, 01:01 AM Total price $7 Order number #XXXXXXXXX

I Will XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX In 24 Hours

Order tracker

Order placed

Requirements submitted

Order in progress

Review delivery

Complete order

Jul 28

Activity Details Req’s Delivery

Find Services

7/30/2019 Fiverr / cindy10396 / Shopping / Status of your order No.XXXXXXXXX

https://www.5er.com/v4/users/cindy10396/orders/XXXXXXXXXX

You placed the order Jul 28, 12:56 AM

Your order started Jul 28, 01:01 AM

Your delivery due date was updated to July 30 Jul 28, 01:01 AM

You submitted the requirements Jul 28, 01:01 AM

XXXXXXXX Jul 28, 01:23 AM Awesome!!! Thanks for your order. I’ll get started on it as soon as I can.

Thanks XXXXXXXXX.

Me Jul 28, 01:28 AM Ok, thank you very much!

I look forward to the outcome of this business transaction.

Cindy

Me Jul 30, 01:09 AM Good Day,

Was wondering how things were going with my project?

Cindy

XXXXXXXXX Jul 30, 01:47 AM

C

Today

C

Everything is progressing well. I just need a couple more hours to finish up.

Thank you.

Me Jul 30, 07:01 AM Can I be given a time please?

XXXXXXXX Jul 30, 07:02 AM I will deliver before 8pm. Sorry for the delay… Today’s my birthday, so…

Me Jul 30, 07:04 AM Well Happy Birthday! I will hold you to this time, is this 8pm my time or your time?

XXXXXXXX Jul 30, 07:05 AM Wow, thanks a lot…

It’ll be my 8pm my time please.

Me Jul 30, 07:07 AM Ok, will look forward to it. A sooner notification would of been appreciated more.

XXXXXXX Jul 30, 07:28 AM Sorry for that… I’ll be more professional in the future.

My gig was not delivered at 8 his time and he did not inform me that it would not be done by then either. I chose not to waste any more of my time with unprofessional excuses.

feel sad for the buyer

they have their personal life also and everyone can face personel problem as a human being

not all buyers but some buyer think they can use us (seller) they want and for only 5 or 10$ or more!

isn’t it a crime?

and at the end they give 3 star review sying “i got what i want” but the seller is not communicative

and one more thing

for example i am graphic designer and i can design minimal design perfectly but i don’t have that much grip in vintage or other

but buyer think a designer can design everything and every kind of design they want!

I am more than willing and I was willing to work with the seller in every way. I know sellers are human and things in life happen I am really ok with that, but more communication needs to be given especially when the buyer is staying in contact.

Read the conversation between seller and I below and tell me if you think I was being inhuman with him. That will be something that I will work on. Thank you.

feel sad for the buyer

isn’t it a crime?

and one more thing

The order was late according to fiverr and it was the seller who told me what time he wanted, not me telling him. I just said ok to it and told him I would hold him to the new time.

Yes of course it does and I have the conversation between both of us.

I was polite and courtesy to him, even when he didn’t deliver on time telling me it was his Birthday. I am open to your opinion on my attitude in the correspondence.

Status Late Purchased from XXXXXXXX Delivery due date Jul 30, 01:01 AM Total price $7 Order number #XXXXXXXXX

I Will XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX In 24 Hours

Order tracker

Order placed

Requirements submitted

Order in progress

Review delivery

Complete order

Jul 28

Activity Details Req’s Delivery

Find Services

You placed the order Jul 28, 12:56 AM

Your order started Jul 28, 01:01 AM

Your delivery due date was updated to July 30 Jul 28, 01:01 AM

You submitted the requirements Jul 28, 01:01 AM

XXXXXXXX Jul 28, 01:23 AM Awesome!!! Thanks for your order. I’ll get started on it as soon as I can.

Thanks XXXXXXXXX.

Me Jul 28, 01:28 AM Ok, thank you very much!

I look forward to the outcome of this business transaction.

Cindy

Me Jul 30, 01:09 AM Good Day,

Was wondering how things were going with my project?

Cindy

XXXXXXXXX Jul 30, 01:47 AM

C

Today

C

Everything is progressing well. I just need a couple more hours to finish up.

Thank you.

Me Jul 30, 07:01 AM Can I be given a time please?

XXXXXXXX Jul 30, 07:02 AM I will deliver before 8pm. Sorry for the delay… Today’s my birthday, so…

Me Jul 30, 07:04 AM Well Happy Birthday! I will hold you to this time, is this 8pm my time or your time?

XXXXXXXX Jul 30, 07:05 AM Wow, thanks a lot…

It’ll be my 8pm my time please.

Me Jul 30, 07:07 AM Ok, will look forward to it. A sooner notification would of been appreciated more.

XXXXXXX Jul 30, 07:28 AM Sorry for that… I’ll be more professional in the future.

My gig was not delivered at 8 his time and he did not inform me that it would not be done by then either. I chose not to waste any more of my time with unprofessional excuses.

Total price $7 Order

I knew it!!..

Oh well…

Archived