Fiverr Charged 5% as Tax collected/deducted at source without any confirmation

ketansangani

Hello Friends,

From last 1.5 months fivers is charging me 20% + 5% as TDS. and this 5% charging without any confirmation or information to me. When I contacted support about it then they told me to give me invoices for it so that I can claim it. I also questioned that why it 5%, in upwork its 0.75% then they do not have any answer for it. In upwork they provide facility to update PAN number but in fiverr it did not. I really disappointed with service from customer care and still did not get any solution for it. I never expected this type of service from fiverr.I can also attach screenshots of fees I charged and also replies from the fiverr customer support. Please help me if any one can do it

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@ketansangani There is Rule update from 1 October 2020 under Section 194O-TDS on Payments Made to e-commerce Participants.

In this E-Commerce operators or any Digital and Electronic medium will deduct TDS @1% at the time of credit of the amount of sale of goods, services, or both to the account of an e-commerce participant or at the time of making payment to an e-Commerce participant by any other mode, whichever is earlier.

If the e-Commerce participant does not furnish his PAN or Aadhaar, TDS must be deducted at the rate of 5%, as per provisions of Section 206AA.

So you have to update your pan card to reduce your TDS @1%

It is for INDIAN resident only. Indian gov has imposed this law.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Archived