Fiverr clone? Will Fiverr want to be alerted?

benmbrodie

Hey guys,

I’m primarily doing transcription here at the moment (planning to a lot of other stuff, creative gigs etc.), but I’ve just had a message from a user, saying that there are people wanting academic transcription work done on a website. It’s clearly just a Fiverr clone. I also saw another one that was simply called ‘errr’ - so original! 😑

So yeah, I assume Fiverr would want to know about these clone websites? As for the user, his account on here has now disappeared, surprise surprise, but I guess this is the guy who set up the clone.

Anyone who knows about this kind of thing, would be interested to hear more!

• 1 month later...

I’m pretty sure Fiverr team would be aware of most of it’s clones. I’ve come across a few of them and they copied the same template design too. But they won’t be able to match Fiverr’s success rate. I’m sure these clone sites will be shut down in due time.

• 1 month later...

Any company that trademarks the word “gig” has a team of people to watch their back. I’m sure they are very aware of every clone out there. And don’t forget that it’s entirely possible that some of the clone sites are actually owned by Fiverr. It’s a successful business model, so why not ‘franchise’ it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Then you can start your own Micro Job Site With ALTfiver. The perfect customer can generate income from the web page in several ways. Currently it is only making money by promoting “gigs”. Most of the revenue are relevant to SEO and SEM marketing solutions but also self-help guides, 3D paintings and more.The Best Wordpress Based Fiverr Clone Script at here http://fiverrscripts.quora.com . Start Making Money Online Using Our Fiverr Clone Script!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

There are two very famous sites selling similar software, both have large user bases in their online forums. One is based upon and obviously accepted by the Wordpress community.

Personally, because I’m no lawyer (not even on TV), I don’t believe anyone can create software such as Windows and not expect a Mac with similar “look and feel”. Consider the varieties of Apache, for example. McDonalds can’t stop Burger King from selling similar foods so what makes ppl think only this organization, because of its userbase, is the ONLY such service on the Planet?

• 2 weeks later...

“why would I go to another place.” Is this a question or statement or something else entirely? If you can’t locate something you want in some Pirates Bay for example, some of those other sites may have it for sale well within your budget. For example, fiverr no longer has gigs providing FB followers. you can often find them at other url’s.

Archived