Fiverr Clones: Why They're Just A Waste of Time?

musiclover

Due to the success of Fiverr, there have been hundreds of wannabe internet marketers who saw an opportunity to capitalized on its success, so they created or bought a fiverr clone script and opened up shop. While the platform/concept is similiar, there is a big difference in the two.

In the beginning, I noticed quite a few fiverr gigs that offered to set up gigs on similiar sites. The nerve of them! Since then, Fiverr has cracked down on sellers offering anything that’s fiverr clone related.

I know a few people mentioned that they set up gigs on a few of these sites and never made a dime.

And here’s why…

Most Fiverr Clones aren’t successful because they don’t have a significant advertising budget, investors, traffic, or a real staff/customer support.

So in other words, don’t expect to make much or any money at all from these copycat websites.

Nakita

In other words they take the money and run… fast… towards the exit and that money includes anything you may have earned as well. Wile e coyote would have a hard time keeping up with some of these people they are gone so quick.

Before anyone thinks about using one of these mickey mouse clone sites consider this one simple question.

Why is it that the owners of clone sites come to fiverr to try to promote their own sites… just think about that.

Think of it this way. Fiverr is our gig based financial vehicle. Would you want to get some “kit car” showing the exterior of your financial vehicle but without an engine?

Of course not.

It’s like when the “Nova” was marketed in Latin America and the car makers learned that “No Va” means “Doesn’t go” in Spanish 🙂

I think it’s also important to note to check them out, I was reading and article the other days on Fiverr alternative was doing some research and found @kymmypops photo on one of the gigs (from Fiverr). By the (masculine) user name, I don’t think that was her account. Be proactive about your samples/portfolio don’t let anyone steal your work it’s copyright!

• 5 months later...

I tried a horrible clone a while back. Not linking to any specific site… but it ends in “bucks”. lol

Anyhow. I figured what would be the harm in trying it so me and my wife signed up.

I sold a few gigs. Very few, but I did sell some over about 6 weeks.

Here’s the thing. Finally, after around a month and a half I made a withdraw request. The next thing I knew, I went my IP was banned from the site. After numerous un-answered messages I finally got a response. It was “Because my wife opened an account as well as me”. she’d purchased 3-4 gigs from around the site. No issues. Then, when I went to withdraw it was a huge deal and, like I said. My IP got banned.

Even after several messages I never got the money I earned. They kept saying it was returned to the buyers I had sold the gigs to. Why would they do that? The gigs were delivered and I had perfect feedback? The truth is that they didn’t return anything. They just took my money when I went to withdraw and ran.

So I’d be careful when dealing with clones. Not only do they simply not have the traffic Fiverr has… not even a fraction of it… most simply want your cash and then when you try to take your cut… good luck.

My two cents.

Guest matt_garry

I think freelance work is great but why even bother with doing the same thing on other sites. If you ever so choose to expand your horizons get into stock media, apply for a real position at an online businesses, start a channel producing content, get into the stock market. Why would anyone just want to do the same thing on another site when the internet is so vast. Its like going to a buffet and only eating fries 😛

@cheezees. That’s kind of the point. LOL. They never refunded anything. They just kept all the sales. And why not? The buyer got what they paid for.

And how do I know the buyers were not refunded to start with? Because I post my gigs on Facebook sometimes. And my first sale was from a friend. They never refunded anything. Just took the money. No big deal. They got me for 11 gigs. In the end, it was their loss. They lost all my potential future sales.

• 1 month later...

I don’t why you guys are wasting time to open a topic to say “fiverr clone is waste time”. Writing a article to talk about this topic is wasting time.

Every time when you talk about these things are just send a information to public:

–Fiverr is hot, fiverr earned lot.

If fiverr not hot, no one would clone it. People clone it means fiverr is so popular. They are helping fiverr developing the market.

Actually I do believe the clone website are increasing the fiverr potential value, because most of the clone scripts are lousy, and short man power to do support. They finally drive the users go fiverr.

• 5 months later...

i seen gigbux site i then did research and found so much scam reports , i contacted the admin saying what safty and guarantees do i have i wil not be scammed they say they are new owner ship and the domain i seen its 4 years old now , i told admin of gigbux u play games i will take your site offline permanent this left him scratching his head xD

• 3 weeks later...

Reply to @musiclover: dont matter what site it is , topic is about clone it dont matterr , what ever they do its upto them nobody in the world cant stop them because they opened a site similar to another.

there are facebook clones , youtube clones and so on what is the big deal , some people have less knowledge in creating successful business so they try and build there own site , you are no one to judge others and me also , we cant say nuffin end day they can do what they want.

all the clone sites are most likely to scam u thats for sure but what ever they do is upto them

few things to look up to se if a site is legit

do whois research check if the service is private and look for registered info who it belongs to.

check domain age

page footer , if a person knows what they are doing they will add more stuff , not like the current ones leaving it as it is just like buying the script and renaming the text just pure noob

contact us form

layout of the pages if its done professionally.

u can tell copy and pasted info il leave it to you.

Obviously some of you haven’t seen some of the active clones that do very well, nothing on the scale of Fiverr of course, but I’m on a few others, I’m sure they are doing a quarter a year or more, great little business clone if you ask me…And for the record I have seen clones with better functionality than fiverr it’s self… Ah well, see ya.

Best Regards,

MichellTech (Rob)

Your first Stop On Fiverr.com

Best In The Business!

Come’on, Buy A Gig Already! You Know You Want Too…!

• 1 month later...

Been sitting here reading all this bull***t, and especially the earier comments. Definitely sound like they are written by a staff member from Fiverr. Yes, undeniably fiverr is great but dnt come down on the clones! It doesn’t take a genius to understand that the whole world runs on a cloning system. Otherwise we would all be driving a Ford car, all be using an IBM laptop, still using the same original cellphone etc etc etc…sure there are some bad people, but I have worked with many many and only once had a small problem with payment. Another example is…everyone who creates a website (of any kind) is cloning the original html or other from the first person who developed it. Get a a grip on life and how the world runs. You are the consumer! Tell me you never purchased a “cloned” something! To end this rant, I’ll tell you, my best money earned doing gigs is at a cloned site where there is no limit to what you charge and the fees are much smaller. Cya

Please, let me know in a message, of any of this “cloned” sites, that have customers buying. Seems that fiverr it’s not what it used to be, with this 0.50 fee they introduced and I really want to work for my money, not for some profit-oriented corporations.

^^Zalmoxe^.50 is not much considering we are using there site. People come to >>Fiverr<< to buy. If you try starting your own see how much time and money is put into what Fiverr has built , just saying, 50 cents is a small price considering. I've never saw a business ,in it, not make money. 50 pennies plus that 1.00 is fair.

FIVERR Rules, Clones Drool…

Archived