Fiverr.com 'Web Of Trust' Reputation Scorecard

I tried to do a paid campaign to promote my gigs on one of the most popular social network today (which I won’t name) and it got rejected, the reason being the destination URL is not TRUSTWORTHY enough. On the guidelines, it directed me to this ‘reputation check’ website, and I entered Fiverr.com

These are some of the comments from users:

• Phishing or other scams - WARNING: This is a social networking site related scam. Sites such as this one typically claim to sell friends/followers, which of course are fake.

• Ethical issues - Selling ‘Twitter followers’ / Facebook ‘likes’ etc . Online business with hidden registrant.

• Spam - Spammed comments to a popular Canadian blog.

• Phishing or other scams - Promotes creation of fake accounts, fans, followers, likes, plus1s, views, votes, and/or other web traffic on social networks to flasify the apparent credibility, popularity, and/or value of online accounts, artifacts, persons, products, services, web sites and/or other assets. Do not risk your reputation or your personal or financial data by using these scams.

• Bad customer experience - A site to be AVOIDED! Will not comunicate with users. Promote fraudulent users. Allow users to abuse other Internet services for their financial gain.

• Browser exploit - This Website Is Just Dumb And They Are Like Favoring People Ads That Are Not Legit At All And When You Have A Legit Ads On Here Then They Banned You Just Like Worthless Facebook and I Would Have To I Placed A Ad On This Site And They Deleted Both My Ads And Banned That Just Shows You How They Do Not Care About There Customers And They Have 0% Customer Service Unless You Are The Top Buyer And Seller Then They Will For Sure Reach You Back And I Think The People Running This Site Should Be Either Shut Down By The Government Or Be Shut Down And I Also Think ABC News Should Stop Promoting Scam Artist Like This And Promote A Company That Actally Cares About There Members And Also They Banned My Ad For The Dumbest Reason Of My Picture Not Be Good Anough When Everyone That Is The Top Sellers And Favored Users Has Blurry Nasty Pictures On There Ads But They Approved Them That"s Why No Like This Website And Be Sure To Tell All You Friends To Stay Off This Website Thanks And Facebook Promotes Sucks Too "

• Bad customer experience - I had a bad customer experience with them. Buyers can leave any kind of feedback irrespective of the fact that seller delivered the work properly. Support is also useless in this case.

• Bad customer experience - Bad customer support. Remove listing without any reasons.

• Ethical issues - There are a lot of Gigs which are promoting spamming. E.g. spammed blog comments, automated account creations, spammed forum profiles etc. So, this site definitely has got some ethical issues.

arrghh… this should be under “The Ranting Pot”… sorry…

WHOA… that is wild

I think Fiverr needs to take a second look at these ‘blackhat’ tactics of getting fans, followers, views, likes etc gigs… but then again, I’m guessing that these gigs are making the most money here…

Reply to @thefacebookgeek: The ‘Black hat’ gigs as you call them are slowly vanishing as they are having problems delivering with all the recent security updates to various social media sites. As for everything else, just because something says Facebook Likes or Twitter followers doesn’t always mean it’s Black Hat.

As bigbadbilly says the tactics are not black hat and a lot of fortune 500 companies still buy followers and fans, albeit real ones and the same goes for youtube views, music companies are buying them as well in huge numbers. A lot of those complaints listed above sound like sour grapes.

I wonder how many people realize that Facebook itself sells likes.

The ads are on the right hand side. The likes are sold from facebook itself.

Everyone has such a bad impression of people who sell likes. That’s because so many scammers out there. But some people do provide a legit service including Facebook. Buy likes from them. I have and have had a worse experience than some so called black hat sellers. When you buy from Facebook the you pay for each like and then they go away half the time. But that’s not the worst. I’ve had people sent by Facebook that don’t go away but instead leave nasty comments on my facebook pages. I would rather have a silent like than one who enjoys spamming up my pages. And these came from facebook.

I wonder what the report for Facebook would look like. They have far more issues with phishers, spammers, scammers, information sharing, fake users, etc than Fiverr could ever dream of.

Wow, that “Browser Exploit” one - another nitwit that just HAS to capitalize every word. Sounds like those entries were done by regular joes, and not very bright ones at that.

Have you reported this to Fiverr? I don’t know if they can do anything about it, but it’s insane to have a site’s reputation trashed by people that don’t know what they’re talking about. 8-}

Right, the better control you can have over your promotions the better.

Even if you want to promote your fiverr gig, you probably want to actually promote your own name capture page or blog page and then from that landing page go to fiverr.

Reply to @anarchofighter: I’m thinking of doing just that… you read my mind!

arrghh… this should be under “The Ranting Pot”… sorry…

WHOA… that is wild

I think Fiverr needs to take a second look at these ‘blackhat’ tactics of getting fans, followers, views, likes etc gigs… but then again, I’m guessing that these gigs are making the most money here…

Reply to @thefacebookgeek: The ‘Black hat’ gigs as you call them are slowly vanishing as they are having problems delivering with all the recent security updates to various social media sites. As for everything else, just because something says Facebook Likes or Twitter followers doesn’t always mean it’s Black Hat.

As bigbadbilly says the tactics are not black hat and a lot of fortune 500 companies still buy followers and fans, albeit real ones and the same goes for youtube views, music companies are buying them as well in huge numbers. A lot of those complaints listed above sound like sour grapes.

I wonder how many people realize that Facebook itself sells likes.

The ads are on the right hand side. The likes are sold from facebook itself.

Everyone has such a bad impression of people who sell likes. That’s because so many scammers out there. But some people do provide a legit service including Facebook. Buy likes from them. I have and have had a worse experience than some so called black hat sellers. When you buy from Facebook the you pay for each like and then they go away half the time. But that’s not the worst. I’ve had people sent by Facebook that don’t go away but instead leave nasty comments on my facebook pages. I would rather have a silent like than one who enjoys spamming up my pages. And these came from facebook.

I wonder what the report for Facebook would look like. They have far more issues with phishers, spammers, scammers, information sharing, fake users, etc than Fiverr could ever dream of.

Wow, that “Browser Exploit” one - another nitwit that just HAS to capitalize every word. Sounds like those entries were done by regular joes, and not very bright ones at that.

Have you reported this to Fiverr? I don’t know if they can do anything about it, but it’s insane to have a site’s reputation trashed by people that don’t know what they’re talking about. 8-}

Right, the better control you can have over your promotions the better.

Even if you want to promote your fiverr gig, you probably want to actually promote your own name capture page or blog page and then from that landing page go to fiverr.