Fiverr Customer Support Changed my Country Location

artiquana

Hey Fiver Community!
I am a new seller just finished my 20th order. I just create a new gig yesterday: https://www.fiverr.com/artiquana/create-stunning-business-powerpoint-presentations-and-pdfs
and Fiverr issued a warning to my account about misinforming individuals about my location in my gig. I live in Canada for the last 5 years and I have contacted customer support multiple times but don’t seem to be getting any response. I honestly love this platform and have followed all rules and TOS but they are not even letting me know what the issue seems to be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 🙂

That’s weird :thinking:
Did you use VPN that could’ve misrepresent your location?
Have you done ID verification or you didn’t receive that notification yet?

What was the messages that fiverr support sent you and why did they decide that you are from a different country?

That’s weird :thinking:

Did you use VPN that could’ve misrepresent your location?

Have you done ID verification or you didn’t receive that notification yet?

What was the messages that fiverr support sent you and why did they decide that you are from a different country?

They asked me also if I have used a VPN. But i dont own one. Yes I have done ID verification. No they said that they would be unable to share more information about what made them determine that. Thanks

They asked me also if I have used a VPN. But i dont own one. Yes I have done ID verification. No they said that they would be unable to share more information about what made them determine that. Thanks

Yes I have done ID verification

And you sent them you Canadian ID not Indian, right?

Were they able to change your location when you offered them your new ID? Thanks

when you offered them your new ID

I didn’t offer them my new ID.

I was travelling and I had my location in a different place when they asked for ID verification. I sent them my ID and it automatically changed for the country where my ID was issued not the country where I was presently in.

The “automatically” there might be useful if the majority of sellers where country of issued ID and country of residence don’t align are traveling.
People who are permanent residents of a country other than their country of origin should get the choice of which of those two countries they want displayed.

Another issue might be using an ID without an address for verification, in that case, maybe some proof of residency like a current utilities bill on top of the ID could help.

Archived