Fiverr customer support is a joke

gamingreborn

The past week one of my buyers had decided to try and scam me into cancelling an order which was completed in full.

I immediately reached over to customer support in an attempt to get the situation sorted.

So far I have spoken with 8(!!!) different representatives, all of which responded as if they are hearing about “some issue” for the first time ever.

Yesterday the order was cancelled by customer support.

The 8th representative so far wrote back to me -

“Hello there ***,
Let me look into it.
After the relevant team’s review, we canceled the last milestone only - the first two milestones will still be paid out.
I hope you find this somewhat reassuring.
Let me know should you need anything else.”

Thank you fiverr for the worst customer support experience I’ve had in my 32 years on this earth and thank you for stealing over 1,000$ worth of work from me.

Oh btw, I am a “Fiverr Pro”.
What a joke…

Try to understand that CS is trying to help you and they have rules and supervisors too. Their solutions may be weird and may cost you but if they think it helps then at least respect it. If they actually didn’t care, they wouldn’t respond to you and just let you get scammed
I understand ur POV but also try to understand fiverr’s POV.
I hope this helps and if ur gonna reply with toxicity I don’t care. Just think about it.

Hi praveenyt150,

Thanks for your reply.

Please don’t mistake my angry rant on the forum with my approach to customer support in the past week. I’ve been doing my best to remain professional and cooperative.

I wanted to help them sort this issue and was willing to provide any information they might have needed from me. I even understood the first couple of times they told me to “try and get along with the buyer”.

I know this post sounds extremely toxic and I guess they just broke me at this point. There’s a limit to how much crap a person can take and remain civil.

Regarding their decision, I know it wasn’t the best one they could have made, because if it was the case would have been assigned to a single representative who would have done the effort of going through the facts, communicating with both me and the buyer and promptly informed me regarding the reason of the decision that was made (which they still didn’t btw. I have no idea what their reason for cancelling this order is).

Instead, my case switch hands between 8 different people in a single week.
I worked in customer support in the past and I have many friends who still do. I have never encountered a company which allows cases to be handled like this.
I honestly feel like having a single representative responsible for taking care of a case which involves thousands of USD is not an unreasonable expectation. Do you?

Try to understand that CS is trying to help you and they have rules and supervisors too. Their solutions may be weird and may cost you but if they think it helps then at least respect it. If they actually didn’t care, they wouldn’t respond to you and just let you get scammed

I understand ur POV but also try to understand fiverr’s POV.

I hope this helps and if ur gonna reply with toxicity I don’t care. Just think about it.

try to understand fiverr’s POV.

Would you care to try to explain to us what you think is fiverr’s POV and how is it helpful to OP as you claim?

Hi praveenyt150,

Thanks for your reply.

Please don’t mistake my angry rant on the forum with my approach to customer support in the past week. I’ve been doing my best to remain professional and cooperative.

I wanted to help them sort this issue and was willing to provide any information they might have needed from me. I even understood the first couple of times they told me to “try and get along with the buyer”.

I know this post sounds extremely toxic and I guess they just broke me at this point. There’s a limit to how much crap a person can take and remain civil.

Regarding their decision, I know it wasn’t the best one they could have made, because if it was the case would have been assigned to a single representative who would have done the effort of going through the facts, communicating with both me and the buyer and promptly informed me regarding the reason of the decision that was made (which they still didn’t btw. I have no idea what their reason for cancelling this order is).

Instead, my case switch hands between 8 different people in a single week.

I worked in customer support in the past and I have many friends who still do. I have never encountered a company which allows cases to be handled like this.

I honestly feel like having a single representative responsible for taking care of a case which involves thousands of USD is not an unreasonable expectation. Do you?

I also do. I’m not saying your being unreasonable. I just suggested that CS MAY be dealing with a lot of things and maybe that’s why they are doing this. And I do agree that a thousand dollars is a lot and I think CS should really focus more on this because fiverr takes 20 percent and it can also be considered stealing. ALSO fiverr handles the money for us so actually, They are taking ALL of the money. I understand now.

I’m glad you understand my position now.

I’m always open to the possibility of being wrong, but even if I am, this is no way to treat a case such as this.

I would urge you all to be very careful with your deals on this website and I would honestly recommend not selling anything expensive nor spending more time on Fiverr projects than you would be willing to not get paid for.

I just received an email explaining how to open a ticket on Customer Support while writing this comment.

Every time I respond to their Email there’s a new representative who has no clue as to what’s going on and rather than read previous communications starts the entire process from scratch.
And once I send the explanation again there’s a new representative, who is also, starting from scratch.

I am, honestly, dumbfounded.
It’s like some kind of a dark comedy film, only in real life with thousands of dollars on the line.

It’s even worse than you think.

You know how there’s an option to limit the number of revisions you offer the client?

Well, turns out it’s not a technical limit, but a “recommendation”. The client can keep clicking on the “Request Revision” button as many times as they please. They don’t have to request a real revision, they can just say “Cancel the Project” and put you in a position where you now have to revise your work or get the order cancelled for being late.

You know how there’s an option to limit the number of revisions you offer the client?

Well, turns out it’s not a technical limit, but a “recommendation”. The client can keep clicking on the “Request Revision” button as many times as they please. They don’t have to request a real revision, they can just say “Cancel the Project” and put you in a position where you now have to revise your work or get the order cancelled for being late.

I’m very sorry to hear everyone’s sides. I’ve only gotten one order in my life I really don’t know what it’s like in your shoes. But I hope CS does something quick about it and fast. And side note, this incident kind of remiinds me of voiceover Pete’s thing. He got banned from fiverr with thousands of dollars in his account and never got it back and fiverr ghosted him.

They just entered in my profile and cancelled an order that was in revision, just like that, like I am not working on my order. I have felt that they have taken my money right out of my hands…

It was 300$ not 1000$ but its bad.

Honestly, very unprofessional

Pro seller as well…

I’m really sorry to hear that @tatjanamitevska

Buyers seem to have a free reign to request endless revisions to make us late for the delivery.

300$ is no small amount. I’d imagine it it at least the daily salary of a manager, so you’d imagine they would be more responsive.

Very unprofessional indeed.

Are you planning on doing something about this? In my case I strongly feel like several TOS were breached against me.

I’m very sorry to hear everyone’s sides. I’ve only gotten one order in my life I really don’t know what it’s like in your shoes. But I hope CS does something quick about it and fast. And side note, this incident kind of remiinds me of voiceover Pete’s thing. He got banned from fiverr with thousands of dollars in his account and never got it back and fiverr ghosted him.

@praveenyt150 So you’re saying I should have waited until I receive at least the partial money they did agree to play me before posting this?

Would be quite the story if this is how my case will end up.

My opinion of a very busy new seller on this platform.

First month I had my rates lower than my usually rates to get reviews and I didn’t really filtered my clients, I didn’t even know how. I got 2 difficult clients and 2 order cancellation after delivery, the first one ask for revision which was bigger than the project itself and the second one was a horrible person that’s all. I cancelled the first one because I was new on the platform and I didn’t know better and the second one was cancelled by CS and was source of my anxiety and stress for 2 weeks ( I should have send a medical bill to Fiverr to pay for it). Total money loss from completed orders: 700$ in the first month.

So, now I have different strategy, beside from filtering clients but in your situation maybe it doesn’t help since maybe you have already approved this client.

What works for my is price increase, I have increased my prices by 107% to cover my loss and minimize my risk. I keep my project duration 1 up to 2 days to protect myself from working on a order for too long if it doesn’t end well.

Also, don’t put all of your eggs in one bracket, don’t rely on Fiverr as a only source of income. It can be tempting if you are busy with order but on long run you put your entire business in the hands of an algorithm and the CS.

Increasing prices will get you less orders but more time to focus on your business outside the platform.

@tatjanamitevska Unfortunately this strategy is quite impossible for me.

I am a video game developer which means my orders rarely take less than a couple of weeks to deliver.
This means that just increasing my rates isn’t going to cut it since a lost project is lost revenue, usually, for an entire month.

I honestly think you should fight fiverr over the project you feel was wrongly cancelled.
The project you cancelled yourself is probably a lost cause though.

I also do. I’m not saying your being unreasonable. I just suggested that CS MAY be dealing with a lot of things and maybe that’s why they are doing this. And I do agree that a thousand dollars is a lot and I think CS should really focus more on this because fiverr takes 20 percent and it can also be considered stealing. ALSO fiverr handles the money for us so actually, They are taking ALL of the money. I understand now.

CS MAY be dealing with a lot of things and maybe that’s why they are doing this.

Is the prospect of Fiverr allowing – no, enabling – scams because they’re busy supposed to be reassuring?

They just entered in my profile and cancelled an order that was in revision, just like that, like I am not working on my order. I have felt that they have taken my money right out of my hands…

It was 300$ not 1000$ but its bad.

Honestly, very unprofessional

Pro seller as well…

Really , i am very unhappy for hand out money

I said MAY I didn’t say they ARE

You missed my point. First “prospect” doesn’t mean are. It does mean may.

Second, your whole point was that people should take comfort in your theory that maybe Fiverr is enabling scams. My point is that how could that be comforting?

Third, why would Fiverr enable scams?

@tatjanamitevska Unfortunately this strategy is quite impossible for me.

I am a video game developer which means my orders rarely take less than a couple of weeks to deliver.

This means that just increasing my rates isn’t going to cut it since a lost project is lost revenue, usually, for an entire month.

I honestly think you should fight fiverr over the project you feel was wrongly cancelled.

The project you cancelled yourself is probably a lost cause though.

Definitely.

They cancelled an order of mine that shouldn’t have been cancelled. For about a month and a half I battled with them until I finally got it out of them that it was a mistake. But even then they didn’t compensate me. And an apology just doesn’t make it acceptable at all.

And it’s not like they learn from their mistake either. They’ve done this two more times since.

You missed my point. First “prospect” doesn’t mean are. It does mean may.

Second, your whole point was that people should take comfort in your theory that maybe Fiverr is enabling scams. My point is that how could that be comforting?

Third, why would Fiverr enable scams?

Now i understand what you are saying… Im not trying to say that my theory is meant to comfort you its just a kiind of suggestion i had.

Secondly, I think fiverr might be enabling scams for just the money. They do handle your money after all

Honestly,

I think Fiverr is enabling this kind of behavior for two main reasons.

The first being that they would rather piss off the working party rather than the paying party.
As a buyer, the amount of money you put in is pretty clear and therefore if something was done illegally, it is much easier to prove exactly how much you’ve lost.
As a seller, however, it is much more difficult to prove you are owed money you never possessed. Also, you would usually have put much more effort into the website and your gigs page, which would make it less likely that you would “turn on the platform”.

The second reason is purely saving money on the customer support side of things. I am pretty sure the formulaic responses as well as not actually reading what precious CS representatives have written, as well as the constant switch of cases between different CS reps means this department is just barely funded and they are overwhelmed with far more cases than they can realistically handle.
This of-course means it’s not really their fault, but the fault of management doing all they can to maximize profits at the cost of screwing us, the sellers.

The really baffling thing about all of this is that the fiverr TOS states the exact opposite of what they are actually doing, which makes me think they were probably forced to write them the way they did by some laws.
If I am correct, a legal action which would force them to comply with their own TOS is totally called for.

Honestly,

I think Fiverr is enabling this kind of behavior for two main reasons.

The first being that they would rather piss off the working party rather than the paying party.

As a buyer, the amount of money you put in is pretty clear and therefore if something was done illegally, it is much easier to prove exactly how much you’ve lost.

As a seller, however, it is much more difficult to prove you are owed money you never possessed. Also, you would usually have put much more effort into the website and your gigs page, which would make it less likely that you would “turn on the platform”.

The second reason is purely saving money on the customer support side of things. I am pretty sure the formulaic responses as well as not actually reading what precious CS representatives have written, as well as the constant switch of cases between different CS reps means this department is just barely funded and they are overwhelmed with far more cases than they can realistically handle.

This of-course means it’s not really their fault, but the fault of management doing all they can to maximize profits at the cost of screwing us, the sellers.

The really baffling thing about all of this is that the fiverr TOS states the exact opposite of what they are actually doing, which makes me think they were probably forced to write them the way they did by some laws.

If I am correct, a legal action which would force them to comply with their own TOS is totally called for.

I am pretty sure the formulaic responses as well as not actually reading what precious CS representatives have written, as well as the constant switch of cases between different CS reps means this department is just barely funded and they are overwhelmed with far more cases than they can realistically handle.

You should be getting better support as a Pro seller, though.

Archived