Fiverr Community Forum

Fiverr 'customer' wants to 'do like me'

Just had the weirdest exchange. Some sent a message ‘hi’ about my gig so I explained the services and asked what he was interested in. Then he asks how he can do the same and insists that he wants to do the same as me (I guess offer the same services as me?). Also not even overly polite, just short, to the point questions and statements. I just told him I’m not in the business of giving tutorials about music or getting started on Fiverr.

The entitlement and rudeness of some people. smh

10 Likes

Yah.

I had a couple of Fiverr newbies “stalk” me on my social media feeds a couple weeks back asking me to “show them how to be successful” on Fiverr.

Argh!!!

1 Like

I had someone who set up a gig similar to one of mine with all these promises of what he could do, only he was trying to get me to do it for him because he “wasn’t very good at it” and “surely those prices are too high for Fiverr”.

We didn’t become besties :wink:

Yes you are right the sense of entitlement is at sociopathic levels.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think the same person just wrote to me?
Although they were just straight up trying to sell me my own gig.
(I know that other sites work on a bidding basis but still!)
When I’ve explained to them that I was the seller and I can’t purchase from them they asked me why…
One of these days I’m going to risk it and send a custom offer and see if they bite.

2 Likes

I have also had this problem. I have even had people asking me if they could work for me! I just report them to Fiverr, block them and hopefully Fiverr will deal with them. It is so wrong!

1 Like

Thankfully, in voice over, it’s more than slightly difficult for someone to perfectly mimic another person’s voice, so requests of this type don’t happen very often. :laughing:

1 Like

Let me just send you script with all the phonemes carefully represented and I will be you with my sampler.

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahah

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, AI assisted voice replication can make incredibly convincing sounding audio of straight dialogue, but it still sounds like synthetic garbage whenever emotion is involved. :robot:

1 Like

I 150% agree.

All this A.I. replacing humans in voice over, composing, mixing etc, is all self-deluded :poop: perpetrated by sad Hipsters too afraid of their own shadows to countenance life in any form. It is very sad indeed.

3 Likes