Fiverr.de - Why?

personalletters

Fiverr launches in Germanyby Ecommerce News. Fiverr.com has launched in Germany. The online marketplace for creative and digital services now has a localized website with country-specific functions for Germans. This launch marks the first European branch of the Israeli tech company. Fiverr is an online marketplace where people can buy or offer thousands of small services. In eight different categories, such as ‘Graphics & Design’ and ‘Music & Audio’, you can find tasks like “I will design a …

The above may be helpful to you.

Most likely, it’s to help German buyers source German sellers easily.

It is nothing to do with GDPR. All Fiverr operated platforms serving the EU have to be GDPR compliant, regardless of where they are located.

Germany have another level of GDPR, primarily to do with marketing that does not apply to other EU member states. I think it’s called the Privacy Act or BDSG.

Don’t know why Fiverr would favour German buyers over other languages that are much more prevalent in the world today - Spanish, Chinese and Russian being good examples.

Germany have another level of GDPR, primarily to do with marketing that does not apply to other EU member states. I think it’s called the Privacy Act or BDSG.

Don’t know why Fiverr would favour German buyers over other languages that are much more prevalent in the world today - Spanish, Chinese and Russian being good examples.

Don’t know why Fiverr would favour German buyers over other languages that are much more prevalent

I don’t think this has anything to do with how prevalent a language is.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Fiverr wants to tap into the German market, which, as you have guessed, uses the German language. Fiverr probably finds the German market lucrative, and I think the recent launch of the German-specific domain has to do with their attempt at attracting German buyers and sellers who are part of this German market.

Don’t know why Fiverr would favour German buyers over other languages that are much more prevalent

I don’t think this has anything to do with how prevalent a language is.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Fiverr wants to tap into the German market, which, as you have guessed, uses the German language. Fiverr probably finds the German market lucrative, and I think the recent launch of the German-specific domain has to do with their attempt at attracting German buyers and sellers who are part of this German market.

It makes little sense when you think how much of the world speaks Spanish. Or the strength of the Chinese economy.

It makes little sense when you think how much of the world speaks Spanish. Or the strength of the Chinese economy.

Yeah, well, Fiverr doesn’t seem to have the same opinion.

image.png.305b2fe3ef75f28749e6a0081ef20aa9.png

While I think it is possible that Spanish/Chinese-related gigs (translation/voice-overs, etc) might be in great demand among people who speak those languages (which is a sizable fraction of the world’s population), the same cannot be said about the overall demand for Fiverr gigs (across all Fiverr categories) among the Spanish/Chinese-speaking population. They are two entirely different things.

Perhaps Fiverr’s market analysis/research indicated that the overall demand for Fiverr gigs (across all categories/sub-categories) is much higher in Germany than in the other possible countries/regions they had in mind.

Well, if you think about the cost of setting up a platform like Fiverr, it would make sense to maybe start testing localized sites one at a time. You also have to consider demand.

Chinese may be one of the worlds biggest languages. However, you will rarely find people in China seeking digital freelance services from a non-Chinese freelancing platform. There are lots of things which make hiring outside of China impractical, like China’s great Internet firewall.

Fiverr is also already physically and legally based in the EU for tax purposes. That makes setting up one or more platforms serving local markets in the EU easier than setting up shop in Russia or China.

Archived