Fiverr denied all my gigs without notice [ARCHIVED]

Ok, so as a web developer in the UK I have a reseller account with a very good provider, with stacks of excess space I though why not offer it to Fiverr customers?! $5 for 12 months hosting based in the UK, I set about writing a gig description, took a photograph of me, recored a quality video, the gig went live video accepted then 2 mons ago this email:

Hi ozzieuk,

We are sorry, but your gig ‘give you 12 months website hosting’ did not pass our moderators’ review. The reasons are:

Your gig seems to contain a promotion of external service, website or product
Your service delivery duration seems to exceed the maximum of 30 days currently permitted on Fiverr

ok so let me break it down:

Your gig seems to contain a promotion of external service, website or product (well yes I’m selling hosting via Fiverr, and letting them keep $1?!)
Your service delivery duration seems to exceed the maximum of 30 days currently permitted on Fiverr (Sure its for 12 months)

I think a bit of common sense eludes some of the moderators sometimes, the gig delivery was one day, because thats what it will take to have the hosting setup. Seen a few gigs that offer the same, but they never get taken down? How can it be one rule for one seller and another rule for another, I had a video denied last week because it was a photograph of me with my voice recorded reading a book, excuse was , your lips are not moving. Plenty of other seller out there with no picture of them / voice or anything yet they can get away with it?

Would a Fiverr moderator like to chime in and explain how some gigs are moderated to the max and some of left to their own devices, I like to work with the Fiverr Customer Support on this one and find out a rule set that we can all follow instead of wasting valuable time recording video and creating stuff if it will never pass a moderator review.

I’m a bit confused?

Regards

Wayne Austin

[Sheriff’s Note: Please don’t use this forum as a replacement for support. If you have technical issues or concerns regarding your personal account the Fiverr Support Team is available 24/7 to help you. Thank you.]

Sheriff just airing my concern that some gigs are denied whilst others that do the same are allowed

[Sheriff’s Note: Your thread was not closed, and has remained open to facilitate a forum discussion, with the topic of your choosing. However, if you have concerns regarding your personal account the Fiverr Support Team is available 24/7 to help you. Thank you.]

Here’s what I think is the issue

What happens at the end of the year.

Presumably, I still want to host my website. That means future billing.

Consequently, there’s a clear “outside of fiverr” issue.

The second thing, I think is at play here is…

What happens if you “disappear” 4 months from now when I’m supposed to have 8 moths left of hosting and you’ve pulled out the money.

Ironically, I think you’d actually do better if you figured out a hosting package worth $5 a month and made it clear they keep ordering on fiverr to keep it?!

I spoke to a nice chap from support called max. He explained the same as you @anarchofighter sometimes a personal touch is what is needed :slight_smile:

I think these gigs get approved because there is nothing wrong with them initially… but if someone complained to Fiverr that they don’t fee safe they might not get a full year of hosting, they could have complained and forced your gig to be moderated. That’s happened to me a few times. But honestly… I think $4 for 12 months of hosting is an amazing deal and I don’t know why Fiverr wouldn’t want that kind of gig.

Max is awesome! haha

@ceceliavo he is a nice friendly sort of chap, I think this is where customer service comes into it’s own, over the years I have had the fortune and mis-fortune of coming into contact with CS agents from other companies, Amazon being my most highly rated of them all, they are extremely personable and that makes me want to do business with them, this guy Max just explained everything in plain English. Nice touch !

Yep, I like Max :slight_smile: