Fiverr Forum

Fiverr Editors for writers

Hello, this is Kevin Park. I have been a Christian Writer from 2013 and I am willing to become a seller. However, I am just wondering whether there are editors involved in Fiverr? I am fluent writer in English but I don’t think I am at the professional level of English.

If you just check out the categories you’ll find hundreds to thousands of editors for hire.

https://www.fiverr.com/categories/writing-translation/proofreading-editing?source=category_tree

There are no editors on Fiverr in the sense that someone will check what you deliver. If you are nervous with regard to creating a writing gig, just do it. No one who starts freelance writing arrives as a ready-made master wordsmith. Your writing evolves with your career.

Occasionally I look back at books and articles I wrote just 2-years ago. Whenever I do, I feel like going back in time and slapping myself. In fact, my writing style at present is completely different to what it was just 6-months ago, due to experimentation with different SEO techniques.

One thing you might want to consider is not focusing specifically on the Christian angle. It is a small niche and to be honest, a lot of buyers on Fiverr are re-sellers who even if they need Christian content, might not treat you in a very Christian way when it comes to placing orders. (This applies to all writers of any background when starting a new gig).

If I was you, I would create several writing gigs in different niches. State as a disclaimer that you do not offer certain types of writing. Then see every new order as a challenge and an opportunity to improve your writing itself.

Good luck!