Fiverr Community Forum

Fiverr gave me warning?

Why the buyers are rude and report sellers when they are the ones trying to scam us please help me!
see what did I do wrong I was just trying to listen what he had

4 Likes

Well to start with, that looks like discord, not like a fiverr chat.

9 Likes

What was the exact wording regarding the warning you received?

3 Likes

Well, for starters you a re discussing things in discord. Why? Just why risk your account like that, you can have the same chat over fiverr.
Just say no to any outside communication, unless absolutely necessary. Then say no to any scammy offers.
Either they go away after that, or atleast you stand a better chance in dispute, if they try to report you or harm your profile in any other way.

5 Likes

@mariashtelle1 already told my thoughts - this chat is not on Fiverr website, so you probably shared contact info?

3 Likes

he said to discuss something over making a website

3 Likes

It was like this is your first warning something like this

1 Like

You would have been given a reason why.

2 Likes

No I never did he gave me his discord and told me to join to discuss for a website design he had for university

2 Likes

I did not accept any offer from discord or from that buyer I feel like they reported me because I told them not to contact me

1 Like

You shouldn’t have discussed it on discord and it it was academic work (the university project he was supposed to do) you could have got a warning for that. Doing someone else’s academic work is against the rules/TOS.

5 Likes

Academic work which you refused but you used off Fiverr contact.

Have a look at this: Don’t do it! … You Have Been Warned!

Here is the updated “warnings” link for the above topic: Fiverr Help and Education Center

4 Likes

okay I just didn’t knew so will this warning affect me anyway If don’t do anything contact from now on

It’s up to you as a seller to evaluate whether there is something that must be discussed outside of fiverr. If you’re not sure, you can contact CS to ask them if that would be ok.

Just tell them any polite version of “no, outside fiverr contact is not allowed according to ToS”. You might lose a client or two, but you won’t get a warning and won’t get banned.
If they feel like they are more articulate in voice and can’t express what they need in text, you can ask to record a voice message or a video with their requirements for you and send it within fiverr message system.

2 Likes

Just follow the rules in future and it should be okay. Try not to get warned again especially for the same thing or especially not within 30 days I think.

1 Like

okay understood so will this first warning stay always with me did you ever receive any warning what if some buyer or random guy reports me

1 Like

Yes, it never goes off of your record on Fiverr.

2 Likes

Did you guys ever received it ?

Not me. I read TOS several times because it changes. Also, I follow the rules.

If you don’t break the rules you won’t get into trouble.

Take time to read the links I gave you above. Everything is explained there.