Fiverr Forum

Fiverr Gig in Google search ranking

I apologize if the title was clickbaity, but as some of you know I’ve been having very good results in terms of turning up in Google search results organically without paid placement. Incidentally, advertising your gig with Google AdWords is against the terms of service - and as usual Fiverr won’t explain why - so we’re just going to leave that door shut.

But let’s talk about search results! Some of you know that my Fiverr gig is on the first page of Google search results for two out of three of my keyword groups:

• My brand name: Left-Hand Tarot (which is also a pair of frequently searched words)
  • Two of my key words: Satanic Tarot

The third group of keywords - Satanism Tarot - in the past has NOT been ranking on the first or even second page of Google, but after a few changes - now it is.

SEO is a strange, secret recipe, and while Google has published a list of best-practices for ranking high in search results, nobody knows for certain everything that goes into it. But there are a few changes I can isolate that jumped my Fiverr gig to the first page of Google search results for my third - and previously unnoticed - group of keywords.

First change I recently made is I created a brand page on Google+ specifically for my business. For a very long time I’ve been doing everything under my personal Google+ profile. I didn’t want to start a brand page because I had over 1.2k followers on my curated Tarot collection and didn’t want to lose them in the move. In the end, though, I decided that I should use a brand page to keep things simple. So that’s what I did: I created a brand page with the name Left-hand Tarot, added appropriate links to my blog, YouTube channel, and Fiverr profile (not the gig listing) to the About page.

Second change I recently made is I created a YouTube channel specifically for my new brand page. Again, I was reluctant to do this because I already had over 100 hard-earned subscribers on my YouTube channel and didn’t want to give them up, but in order to keep my branding matchy-matchy, I had to make this change.

Now, it needs be said that at this moment I’ve got less than 20 followers on my brand page, less than 10 subscribers on my new YouTube channel, and less than 50 members in a Satanism community that a friend and I moderate. I’m starting my curated collections on G+ fron scratch, so there’re less than 100 posts in any of the four that I keep. Not a lot of stuff happening here.

But - for whatever reason - this change got my Fiverr gig (which isn’t directly linked on any of my pages - I only link to my seller profile) ranked on the first page of Google for my third set of keywords. I can’t say exactly why this happened - I’m not a 1337 coder or anything - but this reinforces my experience that Google either gives preferential treatment to people who operate primarily within the Google ecosystem, or at least gives preferential treatment to people who make regular use of Google.

There’s also a lot to be said that in the grand scheme of things, I’m using niche keywords, and this doesn’t take into full account the years of work I’ve put into writing my blog (which is gently but deliberately sprinkled with relevant keywords and tags), but if these strategies can work for me - they can work for anybody.

Interesting, thoughts?

This is really interesting, I don’t mind giving it a try. as we are not into paid promotion and should be fine with the Terms of service

That was an old topic, moreover the Fiverr account of the OP is closed.

so this must have violated terms of service

thanks for this tips

interesting for your speech

This is a very old post. If you check the updated Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page you will find all the rules as to how Fiverr currently works.