Fiverr gig video is a must!

ash_expert

I made a nice gig video recently, but when I uploaded it to my gig, my gig thumbnail changed with a sceen from the video. It wasn’t as atractive as my gig thumbnail, and I didn’t feel like the video helped much. So I deleted the video. I don’t believe that adding a video makes any difference in fiverr algorithm

It does not boost conversions. Pretty sure it said “Can increase user engagement by 40%”, which means people might engage with your profile for longer, watching a video that wouldn’t be there otherwise.

I’ve tried with and without a video, and there’s a 0% difference in conversions or impressions despite having a good video.

I made a nice gig video recently, but when I uploaded it to my gig, my gig thumbnail changed with a sceen from the video. It wasn’t as atractive as my gig thumbnail, and I didn’t feel like the video helped much. So I deleted the video. I don’t believe that adding a video makes any difference in fiverr algorithm

But you can change/set the thumbnail by clicking on the pencil icon while hovering over the video in your edit section

But you can change/set the thumbnail by clicking on the pencil icon while hovering over the video in your edit section

I know that but I didn’t think that I’d be forced to use a sceen from video as thumbnail, so I didn’t add the thumbnail image to the video. Also even though video was in full hd, gig thumbnail looked a bit blurry after video

I know that but I didn’t think that I’d be forced to use a sceen from video as thumbnail, so I didn’t add the thumbnail image to the video. Also even though video was in full hd, gig thumbnail looked a bit blurry after video

That maybe because your video would have dimensions of 1280720 and the recommended gig image dimensions is around 550370 to perfectly fit in!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

Did you know that a gig video boosts your gig’s conversion by 40% . So don’t forget to add video to your gig . If you need help in making a gig video just check out my profile.

Regards

gig video boosts your gig’s conversion by 40%

I know it’s two weeks old topic but I did not find any better at the moment.

I am convinced it is more or less correct information.

However, Fiverr does not support it well due to poor handling of video thumbnails. Those are zoomed, resized, blurred, whatever…different look on different devices and/or browsers. Poor Buyers who decide to click on best of worst video thumbnails ever.

I am convinced it would be in Fiverr’s favour to support professional look of Gigs. I feel ashamed myself for presenting Gigs that way.

Archived