Fiverr Forum

Fiverr Gig Video - size, length and thumbnail?

What dimensions should the Fiverr gig video has? Can I upload 1280x720 (HD) or should it be smaller? Also how long can a video be? And my third question is, can we choose the thumbnail of the video or is it done automatically and randomly?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

They say it should be up to 30 seconds in length but it can be over that. I’ve seen some up to 2 minutes, but if you ever want to be featured, fiverr will ask you to shorten it, well that’s what they told me before I got featured.

madmoo said

As for the thumbnail, it's been a long held belief that some of the editors hate us and choose the most unflattering pic to use, but I think it's actually automatic, though if you find your video has an inappropriate image then you can contact support to request a change (they may not, but I know of a couple of cases where hey have, including one of mine).

The same thing is with YouTube (if you are not a partner). The three thumbnails they give are usually crappy ones. There is a video sharing website (like YouTube) where you can choose the thumbnail. You just go to the thumbnail editing settings and start the video. Then when you see the desired moment you just press a button and it pauses the video and makes a snapshot of that frame and uses it as thumbnail. It's that easy. So if the website I am talking about have done it why can't YouTube, Fiverr and other sites do it? At least here on Fiverr the thumbnail often sells the Gig (by bringing the buyer who wouldn't have come otherwise).

About the length, I know it can be boring, but in my case I'm thinking of starting a Gig where I make video presentations of products by using graphics, pictures, texts, etc. So a longer video will definitely help me show the buyers what exactly will they get if they order my gig. But now I learn that if I make it more than 30 seconds it won't have the chance to be featured, which is awful.

About the dimensions, does the video really have to be 600X370? These are a bit unusual proportions. I see gigs where the videos in the live portfolio are the same as the Gig video. So are the sellers giving a 600x370 video to their clients, or they upload it along with the HD video just to use it in the portfolio. Or maybe they upload an HD video but Fiverr resizes it to 600x370?

Reply to @vedmak: I have tried this in the past but it didn’t work. It seems like they have fixed this bug. It only works if you leave the end untouched. When I delete even part of the end of the video it changes the thumbnail.

These kind of manipulations wouldn’t be necessary if they had let us choose what frame to use as thumbnail.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: It’s done :wink:

You can support it here: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/8420/option-to-choose-the-thumbnail-of-our-gig-video

nice…

I brought the video from below gig - this guy really produces very high quality video and very friendly to adjust the changes require.

what is size photos fivver.com

I upload the my gig video. but can’t view the thumbnail. my video size also 600x370

but thumbnail its not view. if i solve the problem,what to do ??

pls help me…

:frowning:

I was going to add a video but then I found out the video has to be the first picture. I change my image ad often and want the image to be the default, and the video to be the second image.

Until then, no videos for me. I hope Fiverr add the option so we can have the video on second slot.

Bijan

Reply to @bijanstudio: You might want to check out this forum post, especially the to of the thread. You can choose any location in your video as your thumbnail. http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/46155/new-feature-choose-your-own-video-thumbnail#Item_15

My video uploading option had been removed from my gig Why?And how long it takes to re appear?Can u please help me solving this problem.