Fiverr Forum

Fiverr Has Cut Off Communication With Customers

I have used Fiverr for nearly 10 years. There used to be a way to contact Fiverr when you had a problem. Fiverr needs to understand they will go the way of Blockbuster if they don’t begin to respond to the concerns of their buyers and sellers. They are having legitimate issues that need to be resolved in an equitable way. When there is a DISPUTE between the buyer and seller FIVERR needs to step in and RESOLVE that issue. I suspect they don’t want to resolve the issue because they might have to REFUND their fee.

Have you tried this link: https://buyers.fiverr.com/en/

Scroll down, click “contact us”.

6 Likes

If we were employees who actually worked for fiverr then fiverr would be able to step in and resolve conflicts between buyers and sellers.

But we are self employed. Fiverr is not our boss. Fiverr is not involved in conflicts unless it is clearly shown that the seller did not deliver what was promised.

It is up to us, if we know we delivered what our gig promised, to resolve our own conflicts with buyers. And you do that with communication skills.

3 Likes

I don’t know.
Fiverr Support have always been very punctual and helpful in my own opinion.

3 Likes

It’s not realistic to expect there to never be any conflicts, in any business, and this is no different.

You do not have anyone holding your hand here. You are on your own. So the sooner you learn how to deal with any type of conflict that might inevitably come up, the better off you will be, because I repeat, no one is going to step in and settle your conflicts with buyers for you. It’s up to you to do that.

And it’s all about how you treat your customers and how you communicate. Do you know how many times I have to tell CS about a problem with a client?

Almost never.

1 Like

I only contact CS for help with a client when they threaten to report my account.

1 Like

Oh, I’m often talking to CS - they’re always very helpful. Of course, I charge a lot and sometimes people don’t want to pay, so there you are.

The OP is a buyer, not a seller. My feeling is he probably goes cheapest which is why he is often let down. Cheap is expensive in the end … and not good for one’s blood pressure …

3 Likes