Fiverr headquarters should think about advertising and promoting Fiverr in India

Fiverr must put up commercials on popular Indian channels, not because there are not enough gig holders… but because of lack of buyers from the Indian subcontinent.
The buyers are mostly fresher youth… and not the well-established businessmen who are willing to pay more .
Fiverr must advertise and promote itself in India… a country which consists humongous youth population.

Majority of Indian users want cheap or to say free services. They want 1000s of sales with little money. Fiverr will not get tons business from the Indian customers. Indians try to lifehack the things which they are not suppose to do. You just joined the platform, your perspective will change soon.

You want to earn money?
Millions sheep will come.

You have to spent money.
Some will come.

Majority of Indian users want cheap or to say free services. They want 1000s of sales with little money. Fiverr will not get tons business from the Indian customers. Indians try to lifehack the things which they are not suppose to do. You just joined the platform, your perspective will change soon.

You want to earn money?

Millions sheep will come.

You have to spent money.

Some will come.

Yup… you got me there!

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Posts that have content or links that put individual regions or sellers from specific regions in a negative light may be pulled for review, edited or removed. Be careful if making any post that may make users uncomfortable due the mention of specific cities/states/provinces/countries/continents/regions or ethnic groups.

The above is from the forum rules: Forum Rules + Do's and Dont's

Posts that have content or links that put individual regions or sellers from specific regions in a negative light may be pulled for review, edited or removed. Be careful if making any post that may make users uncomfortable due the mention of specific cities/states/provinces/countries/continents/regions or ethnic groups.

I have not said buyer’s name. i said about country and their buyer in general.

Still if it is not okay then i have removed it. its just i am new here so i had no idea about it. Thanks for info BTW.

It may be there is something about the economics of the situation that is prohibitive. I’m really not well informed and only speculating.

It may be there is something about the economics of the situation that is prohibitive

I understand that you’re only speculating here, but I don’t think it has to do with the economics of the situation.

I think the disposable income of the average Indian person has grown a lot in the recent past and is slowly catching up with that of people from developed nations. I think it might have more to do with the mentality/attitudes/POV of people from a certain region.

I am speculating, too. Maybe someone who is more well-informed can confirm if this is true. :thinking:

It may be there is something about the economics of the situation that is prohibitive

I understand that you’re only speculating here, but I don’t think it has to do with the economics of the situation.

I think the disposable income of the average Indian person has grown a lot in the recent past and is slowly catching up with that of people from developed nations. I think it might have more to do with the mentality/attitudes/POV of people from a certain region.

I am speculating, too. Maybe someone who is more well-informed can confirm if this is true. :thinking:

When you can hire people to do things for a few dollars where you live why buy on fiverr. But I have people buying from me from almost all countries so it’s hard to generalize. India has such a huge population which makes it a great market.

When you can hire people to do things for a few dollars where you live why buy on fiverr. But I have people buying from me from almost all countries so it’s hard to generalize. India has such a huge population which makes it a great market.

I am thinking there is a big difference in spending habits.

True. Imo, this difference in spending habits might have more to do than just the economic situation.

Maybe it’s their mentality/POV. Maybe they would rather spend their money on something else than spend it on Fiverr. They might rather find someone locally via ads or via references from family/friends (more reliable) than spend money on someone through a “random” website online. :thinking:

But I get how the economic situation (more disposable income because of lower cost of living) might also play a role in influencing their spending habits.

Archived