Fiverr Community Forum

Fiverr ignores my ticket on purpose, scams me and unfairly cancels order

Hello!

I just wanted to post this on the forums.

I recently got a small order of $15, which I completed rather quickly and got a positive 4.3 star review.

The next day, I wake up to a notification saying it was canceled by “customer support”. When I messaged customer support, they told me that I had not completed the gig, when I had and the customer even left a positive review.

I then asked why this happened and what evidence Fiverr had of this, I was told that after a “thorough review” (of a Minecraft server that I had created for a customer), I had not fully completed the gig. They then said to read the “cancellation policy” which was just a link to a FAQ page that linked to the TOS of FIverr, which I was not breaking in the slightest.

When I asked which section the rule I had broken was under, they stopped responding and have marked the request as “solved”. I re-open it and message every 24 hours, but this has gone on for a week now and is getting ridiculous.

Even more so, whenever I open a new ticket now, the ticket gets immediately closed by this one support agent, who is purposely ignoring me. This now means that if I run into any other issues, I can not even create a ticket for help!

I will not disclose the name of this agent publically unless Fiverr specifically requests it.

Please advise & thanks for reading,
Flash

9 Likes

Hi Flash,

I’m sorry for what happened to you. And as much as it hurts me to say…

The best option in this scenario is to move on. Or you can chase Fiverrr on their Twitter or social accounts. You might get a better reply.

P.S. It seems like your buyer messed-up the server and made it look like you didn’t deliver as promised. I don’t see why they’ll cancel a reviewed order though. Did the buyer contact you before the cancellation?

Best wishes!!

6 Likes

Thanks so much for the reply, it really helps a lot.
This has really negatively affected by completion rate. At first, I was not getting more sales at the time, and it could have demoted me a level. Fiverr just told me to “get more sales” when I told them about this.

Also, I would stop chasing Fiverr, but I put a lot of effort into this order specifically. I have since stopped putting extras into my orders for this reason.

They actually just told me that they were really thankful for the order and left a positive review. This was the final communication I had with them.

Once again, thanks for the great reply,
Flash

3 Likes

Is the buyer still active on the platform?
Have you tried sending a screenshot of their review to the CS?

I’m not sure how much that would help. People ignore the most obvious sometimes.

As for the completion rate, it takes into account only the last 60 days. Means, the cancellation won’t have much effect on your profile after 60 days. You’ll also get your level 1 back (only if you happen to lose it).

It’s best to focus on making more sales for now.

Maybe, add something like, “If you have any problems with the order, feel free to contact me.” in your delivery messages, so the buyer contacts you instead of going to the CS.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Thanks for replying again!

The levels are all fine, it turns out I got more sales than expected in that month. The CS said they can see the review but that “does not matter” because the Customer Support team still deem it “uncompleted” in lines to their seemingly non existent “Cancellation policy”.

I can not contact them anymore, because they just close the ticket - blocking me from replying as soon as it is opened. It is always this one member of staff who does this.

Even more so, I did exactly what you said, and told the buyer that if they had any issues, they should contact me and I would be happy to help, but this event still occurred.

Just to re-iterate, this issue is not resolved, I am just stating that I will no longer be demoted a level.
Thanks,
Flash

2 Likes

Agreed.

Move on.

Be professional and rise above this and work to become a TRS or something greater than you are.

It’s not worth getting stressed out over.

2 Likes

Curiosity: what do you usually submit as proof of completion in your delivery?

2 Likes

I would usually send the server files and a photograph for the portfolio.

1 Like

My only guess then is that maybe the buyer reviewed before they checked over the order, and then when they did, the file somehow wouldn’t work for them. That’s really stretching my suspension of disbelief though, and I agree that it’s more likely someone who complained just to get their money back.

1 Like

Fiverr are probably just wanting to avoid any situation where the customers are angry. I think that the customers are more important to them than the sellers. There are many sellers out there, and a few who may leave will not really negatively affect them.

3 Likes

Despite me doing this order correctly, and the buyer being happy (he did actually check the order), Fiverr is still refusing to even respond to me on tickets. I have contacted someone higher up at Fiverr and they responded with:

I’ll make sure to forward this to the relevant team for further review.

To protect the privacy and integrity of our marketplace, I may not share the details about the review with you, however, the mentioned behavior will be taken into account.

We sincerely appreciate your understanding and cooperation regarding this.

I hope this helps sort it out. My main goal now is to make sure I am no longer blocked from communication on the Fiverr customer support page.

UPDATE:

The same person whom I have contacted has said that I would need more evidence in the future to prove that I have completed the work. I guess this means I can not use a ZIP file for my servers, and instead upload folders one by one… They usually can take up to 5GB of storage space when not compressed.

It seems a bit unfair, that customers can just cancel an order without any proof.

2 Likes

ANOTHER UPDATE:

After asking for the review on the customer to be changed, this new customer service agent has completely ignored me and closed all my tickets as well!

I have accepted that I did not have enough proof to prove the buyer was lying after the cancellation, but still, Fiverr’s customer support team should still, at least respond to me!

Unbelievable!

1 Like

Welcome to fiverr, the website where customer support don’t give a crap unless you give them money.

2 Likes

I have just come to notice that. It has really annoyed me because my orders just started to pick up, I was getting about 3 a day. After the cancellation, it wrecked my profile, now I am only getting about 1 a day. This is not enough or sustainable for my only current source of income in todays world.

It is ridiculous! How has nothing been done? I have seen this happen to people before, and to YouTubers. YouTubers get told “Fiver’s got your back!” and get the money refunded and the order non-canceled, but we buyers, get no response like that and just get ignored and blocked from sending any customer service requests!

They must do something soon, if I had popular social media profiles, I would do something, but I cant and because this is my only source of income, I can not really risk anything. Fiverr still has hundreds of my dollars waiting for “clearance”.

To be honest, I do not think Fiverr cares for their sellers, one bit.

This is ludicrous!

1 Like

ANOTHER UPDATE:

The Customer service team have now closed my tickets a total of 14 times. This is truly outrageous and confirms my suspicions that Fiverr do not care for their sellers at all.

“We have your back” has appeared a the start of my messages with buyers. “keep payments and communication inside Fiverr”.

I honestly am losing trust in Fiverr. Is there a way to contact them other than Customer Support?

I do not even care about the money anymore. I just want the customer support team to let me change my review.

Well, I gotta say, that sounds really horrible.

Is it about the same order?

If yes, then I suggest you go the Twitter route. You don’t need to be famous on social media. Their followers will see your tweets/posts anyway.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the help! If anyone else has any ideas or comments, feel free to reply again.

As a seller, we do give them money. Fiverr made $5,600 from my orders last year, but they still don’t care about the sellers when it comes to disputes. They ignore intellectual property claims, let the buyer take off with your completed work, and steal your hard-earned money.

If your want to make it as a freelancer, Fiverr cannot be your only source of clients. They offer no support for the sellers they rip off on a continual basis while catering to buyers who love to find new ways to scam sellers.

Fair enough. To be honest, it barely costs anything to maintain the site, and they are getting a 20% cut of hundreds of thousands of dollars a week.

The host and domain probably only cost $100/year maximum. Customer support and online staff will not be much compared to how much they are getting. It is almost as if they do enjoy ripping of sellers and taking all our money.

Would I have a legal leg to stand on if I did take that route?

It would cost you a lot more than $15 to take legal action. Also, Fiverr’s Terms of Service keep them from being held liable for just about any of the nonsense they get away with. Here’s an excerpt.

IN NO EVENT WILL FIVERR, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.

IN ACCEPTING LIABILITY AS THE LIMITED AUTHORIZED PAYMENT COLLECTION AGENT OF SELLER, FIVERR AND ITS AFFILIATES ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF SELLER.

THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.

1 Like