Fiverr Community Forum

Fiverr is getting worse and worse day by day! Very much Disappointing!

Feeling very sad to say that Fiverr has also been biased to the buyer. It’s like seller is nothing, only buyer matters. See- buyer provides review that is shown on seller profile, but sellers review is never shown on their profile.

A buyer who has no knowledge about Fiverr system, placed an order for email signature on my gig and then i send him the design for approval and told him clearly that when he will approve the design after that i will send him the html code. That’s all. After that i haven’t heard from him and after 3 days when the order get completed automatically, he left 2-star review telling that the signature doesn’t work. He didn’t even understand my message. I told him clearly that that one was the screenshot of the design only. He also accused me that i did complete the order before he gets the signature. How funny!!! How can i complete it???

Whatever, that was the main thing. But the worse is- when i contact with support they told me that i can cancel the order, but the review won’t be removed from my profile and they are powerless and they can’t do anything about it. I will cancel the order and also the review will remain on my profile, so what’s my profit? Really very disappointing!

I was thinking to have a future plan with my Fiverr account. But, I guess, i have to pack up with Fiverr. Anyone have any idea which platform is best of Web-developers? approve the design after that i will send him the html code. That’s all. After that i haven’t heard from him and after 3 days when the order get completed automatically, he left 2-star review telling that the signature doesn’t work. He didn’t even understand my message. I told him clearly that that one was the screenshot of the design only. He also accused me that i did complete the order before he gets the signature. How funny!!! How can i complete it???

Whatever, that was the main thing. But the worse is- when i contact with support they told me that i can cancel the order, but the review won’t be removed from my profile and they are powerless and they can’t do anything about it. I will cancel the order and also the review will remain on my profile, so what’s my profit? Really very disappointing!

I was thinking to have a future plan with my Fiverr account. But, I guess, i have to pack up with Fiverr. Anyone have any idea which platform is best of Web-developers?

3 Likes

Yes you are absolutely right. Sellers are fish and buyer catching fish.

2 Likes

Reviews on buyers’ profile doesn’t matter because sellers never contact buyer first-it’s buyers who contact sellers first.

2 Likes

Really? I won’t work with a buyer with low rating… never…

2 Likes

you are absolutely right, I had the same issue once… that was worst I had, gave me headache…Spread your legs to other platforms as well…

Yeah this site has been having alot of issues lately…

It sounds like your buyer did not understand and also like you did something wrong.
You delivered the order without the final work. If you want the buyer to approve a preview, send it to them without delivering. For the order to complete you had to deliver it, if you did not send the code then the buyer is right. You sent a screenshot as the delivery, the buyer came back and had only received a screenshot and the order was marked as complete.
When you did not hear back from the buyer you should have redelivered with the code.

5 Likes

Yes, they have change it in the last Terms and Conditions update and it is really ridiculous. Before you could be able to cancel this kind of orders and cancel the review as well. I do not understand why thet have changed it. My guess is: MONEY. You won’t cancel so they won’t loose the money. And you won’t cancel because there is no point to do it. But in the long run they will loose money anyway, because more negative reviews you have, less people buy, ergo: less profit. Dumb move, Fiverr. Not the first time.

1 Like

This is not so easy as you said. I had many, many situations, when I am sending a versions to the client (normally in the gig conversation) and this usually end up with me having a problem because the deadline is in few hours, because my client does not reply, I did my work, so thinking like you I would need to cancel the order before the end with “no response” reason. So: work almost done, hours of work lost, no money. The only way to prevent it is to send versions/examples as a delivery and wait for the buyer to hit “request modification”. Before Fiverr has updated their T&C that was a good solution, now it’s very risky, like we can see in the example above.

It is up to you to deliver what has been asked for in the time agreed. If you do not have all the info you need then you should let the buyer know as soon as possible, not at the last minute. If you have all the info then you should deliver the completed work and the buyer can request modifications if they want.
Don’t deliver a screenshot as the order or the buyer is entitled to complain/leave a bad review.

2 Likes

Send the final delivery and have them use the request modification feature. That is why it is there. Sending messages with updated work can confuse buyers. I delivered once and five days later, the buyer asked how the work was coming. Not every buyer knows the system. Sometimes you have to educate your buyers. Sorry, buyers keep Fiverr in business. This is a buyers market.

1 Like

You are assuming that in this situation I sent versions very late, which is not true. I am always sending first samples in about 2-3 days (total delivery 8 days), so it is as early as technically possible. In the graphic design work you never have all the info. The work is a process at least in a graphic design field. You can deliver low res watermarked pictures as a delivery and ask the buyer to choose (request modification button) and he sill could not understand how does it work and post a bad review and because of the last change in ToC the seller is in a very bad position. Since the last change a seller on Fiverr is literary a garbage. That’s my point.

How is it possible to “never have all the info”?
I understand that final touches might be necessary after delivery (ie. what modifications are supposed to be) but to start the work without all the info is asking for trouble. You can deliver anything you want but once you deliver the buyer is able to review.
You should do everything you can to ensure that the buyer knows what he is getting. If you are constantly having buyers not respond then you are the problem. It is your business that will suffer so it is your responsibility to find a solution to the problem - not Fiverr’s. This is what being a free lancer/self employed is all about. If you cannot cope with it then you should find someone to employ you instead!
Perhaps put a message in the requirements that you will have a first sample after 3 days and you need their response within “X” amount of time. Make sure your requirements are clear and that you can get as much info as possible right at the start.
I recently saw a seller who put something like this in the requirements:
"Do you agree that if you fail to communicate with me on time that I can deliver the order?"
Answer Yes or No - and this was a required field. I said yes.
Think carefully about how you can make the system work because the old way of just canceling an order to avoid a bad review was also a useless system. It meant you might not get paid, at least this way you get paid.

1 Like

I am not new on Fiverr and I know what I am doing. I tried all those things you have mentioned and that does not work. Simply: people don’t read. And if they read, they don’t care much. Canceling the order was the last resort. Now there is literally nothing as a defense. And I do not agree I should seek for the solution. The system is faulty and against the seller. Seller who is also a customer, THEIR costumer. There is a lot of bad UI and UX on Fiverr, the best example is requirements field you have mentioned. Since I have provided this option I had several clients couldn’t find the requirements field therefore the gig could not start. And I couldn’t explain them where the field is simply because I have never seen it my life as a seller. Who design those things? A college student?

I agree that the system isn’t great but it is the system that is in place. I prefer to focus on solutions rather than moan about how bad it is. The reality is that Fiverr have made a big change, they will have done so after some thought and consideration and are not going to simply change it back.
Buy a $5 gig from someone, maybe a TRS who does what you do and see what they have as their requirements. You will get to see what it looks like and also see if you could improve yours.
Make your requirements required - as in they must be answered. I know buyers can be stupid or not have any idea what they are doing but I believe it is the seller’s job to know, to find out by asking the right questions and to know when it is simply not going to work out with a buyer. Someone buying a logo for their new business has probably never done it before. You are the expert, you should dictate how it goes.

2 Likes

Yes, you are right, and that’s a good idea and I will probably buy some gigs and take screenshots to show my clients.

I have a question: If a buyer keep request for reversion, will it harm the sellers account, and cause less buyer would like to purchase the sellers gigs? (the gig is ultimate reversions, and the buyer asks for more than 5 reversion requests)

Thank you for anyone who can answer me the question.

They’ve been rolling out a lot of new features so it’s understandable that there are bugs or other things they need to work through. I wouldn’t give up on fiverr just yet. There definitely should be some system in place for when a buyer leaves a bad review for the wrong reasons though. Inform your buyer as much as possible as early as possible about everything so that there are no surprises. Hopefully fiverr will work on a better system for this, but until then, you’ve gotta do what you can with what you’ve got.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, if you offer “unlimited revisions”, you have to deliver what you promise. If the buyer keeps asking for revisions, you have given them permission to do so. This is why I do not offer unlimited revisions. Set a revision limit, and enforce it. Otherwise, you may have sellers – just like the one you have right now – who will take advantage of you until they are satisfied.

But you can’t blame them… because YOU chose to offer unlimited revisions. There are always consequences to the choices that we make.

6 Likes

He replied after 4 days of the order placement. So, do you think, i should let my order have the “Late” status so that the buyer could cancel the order. I didn’t do any wrong. When a buyer places an order, he should be responsive to get the work done within due time. And how could i give him the final code, when i don’t know what’s he choice? Make it clear, please.