Fiverr is not helping me. Client ask for refund after everything was done

franktavis

Hello. I am having a problem with a client and the CS is not willing to help me still.
After I have done everything for a client (a 4 min song, with multiple instruments, vocals, and lyrics) he said that he doesn’t like, and now he wants to do something completely different (sing over a backing track). After talking for a long time with him, I decide to do it for him, because he was not willing to yield.
So after I have done all of this, he asks for a partial refund, because he believes that because he didn’t use the first song I made for him, he should get that part of the money back. And he keeps pressing the revision button!
I contact Fiverr Customer Support, and after checking that I did everything right (she confirmed me this), she told me that they cannot do anything, they cannot force the buyer to accept the order, and that maybe I should cancel this order and create a new one for a lower price to refund him that money.
I did everything correctly, even more than what was included in my service. I don’t want to lose the money, and I don’t want to also cancel an order because it will affect my stats as a seller.
What should I do? Refuse to cancel the order and wait for Customer Support to intervene again? (maybe I am lucky and I find somebody else that can protect me from this abusive buyer).

Thank you for reading

For your consideration:
. What is Worse in the Long Run; a cancelation or a 1 star review?
. Buyer is asking to cancel the order!
. Buyer wants free work, should I cancel?
. Cancel Order or I will give you a bad review! ?
. Do Extra works or i will give you bad review
. Am I in the wrong? Hoping to be a better seller (LONG)

TOS:

Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.

Deny the cancellation and redeliver the order. As long as the re-delivery matches the scope of the original order, you should be fine. I glanced at one of your gigs and didn’t find anything in it that defines what a ‘revision’ is for that gig. If it’s in your requirements, that’s fair, but there’s a lot of risk without the boundaries. (Please see FAQ point 1)

TOS:

Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.

Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.

Fiverr Customer Support will cancel orders based on, but not limited to, the following reasons:

Buyers who abuse the Request Revisions button to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements.

Ownership and limitations: When purchasing a Gig on Fiverr, unless clearly stated otherwise on the Seller’s Gig page/description, when the work is delivered, and subject to payment, the Buyer is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the Seller, and the Seller waives any and all moral rights therein.

All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to Buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Gig and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason.

You may have to remind the buyer that, if they cancel, they cannot use what was delivered.

Thank you very much for your answer. I did what you told me. Re-delivered the work done, told him that I was not going to cancel, and that what he is doing it’s agains the Terms and Conditions of Fiverr.
I hope the CS can help me with this now.

Glad you told him it was against CS. Customers can’t cancel due to low quality of work (not saying that it was low quality, just that the customer didn’t like it so it falls in the same category for him).

I don’t think he cares. Let’s see what happens though

Sorry to hear this. It seems that you got a bad buyer.
If you already have a good gigs with stable order, i think you should consider canceling his project.
Today Fiverr CS been take too long to handle a case…,
If your bad buyer keep send you a dispute, over and over…, Your account could get banned even without any reasons and facts. And to reactivate your account will took weeks.

I saw several seller complain on this forum about this sudden ban because bad buyer

(YES…, Fiverr Seller still got less protection than buyer)

Keep refusing. I’m going through something similar right now (buyer’s made my life terrible for the past two days), but the most important thing to do, in my opinion, is to never yield to a cancellation. You’ve done the work, and you deserve to get paid.

I have been dealing with this problem for the last week almost. Incredible… I hope you can solve your problem!

Sorry to hear this. It seems that you got a bad buyer.

If you already have a good gigs with stable order, i think you should consider canceling his project.

Today Fiverr CS been take too long to handle a case…,

If your bad buyer keep send you a dispute, over and over…, Your account could get banned even without any reasons and facts. And to reactivate your account will took weeks.

I saw several seller complain on this forum about this sudden ban because bad buyer

(YES…, Fiverr Seller still got less protection than buyer)

Why would they ban me? So basically any scammer or bad person can make your life impossible, even when you did nothing wrong?

Why would they ban me? So basically any scammer or bad person can make your life impossible, even when you did nothing wrong?

Same thing happen with this seller.

So yes…, i afraid so…,

Fiverr CS need to have a great improvement.

So, I had this buyer whom I’ve been working with since November 2019 and have always had a good working relationship with. If you went through my reviews, you’d notice the buyer has left many laudatory 5 star ones, but the buyer showed an uglier side with this last order, flaring unprofessionalism, immaturity, and TOS violations. He has been harassing me with crude and demeaning messages and insults for the past two days, insisting that I’m a “fraud,” “bully,” “deceptive,” and “paid someone els…

It’s incredible man. I have been arguing with him for more than a week, just for $15!!! Some people just care about the money

By the way if you have produced and provided vocals and everything 15 dollars is ntng for that i mean i just don’t understand i mean they put it in Spotify from where they can get i dont know much more than this they cant even give this much i just dont understand the mentality behind this

By the way if you have produced and provided vocals and everything 15 dollars is ntng for that i mean i just don’t understand i mean they put it in Spotify from where they can get i dont know much more than this they cant even give this much i just dont understand the mentality behind this

The $15 it was an extra of writting lyrics. The total price was higher. But he want it partially refunded

The $15 it was an extra of writting lyrics. The total price was higher. But he want it partially refunded

The $15 it was an extra of writting lyrics. But he want it partially refunded

Okay, that’s a tiny bit different.

I have been arguing with him for more than a week

How badly do you want to put this behind you?

If you want it over and done with, maybe offer him a $8 ‘refund’? Not the full amount, but sometimes even a partial will be satisfactory, as it acknowledges both sides.

There was a thread that discussed, with CS, creating a new order with the ‘refund’ and accepting cancellation on the first in exchange and understanding that CS would remove the expected bad review. It was set up and arranged with CS beforehand, and the seller had documented proof that CS said they would remove the bad review, due to the buyer breaking the ToS.

Let me go see if I can find that thread.

If you want it over and done with, maybe offer him a $8 ‘refund’? Not the full amount, but sometimes even a partial will be satisfactory, as it acknowledges both sides.

There was a thread that discussed, with CS, creating a new order with the ‘refund’ and accepting cancellation on the first in exchange and understanding that CS would remove the expected bad review. It was set up and arranged with CS beforehand, and the seller had documented proof that CS said they would remove the bad review, due to the buyer breaking the ToS.

Thank you for your reply.

In reality, It is not about $8, or $15. It is about the cancellation affecting my stats as a seller, and the buyer getting away with breaking the ToS. As I said, I even did 2 whole different services for him, and he still doesn’t want to pay the full amount and doesn’t care about the cancelation affecting me. I think it is really unjust if he gets away with this way of behaving. He also accused me of not writing the lyrics for him (that I used a copy), and that he is implying he will leave a bad review. Unacceptable behavior.

I notified all of this to CS, and they replied me that they will contact a relevant team to help find a solution to this problem. Let’s see what happens

For your consideration:

TOS:

Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.

Deny the cancellation and redeliver the order. As long as the re-delivery matches the scope of the original order, you should be fine. I glanced at one of your gigs and didn’t find anything in it that defines what a ‘revision’ is for that gig. If it’s in your requirements, that’s fair, but there’s a lot of risk without the boundaries. (Please see FAQ point 1)

TOS:

Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.

Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.

Fiverr Customer Support will cancel orders based on, but not limited to, the following reasons:

Buyers who abuse the Request Revisions button to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements.

Ownership and limitations: When purchasing a Gig on Fiverr, unless clearly stated otherwise on the Seller’s Gig page/description, when the work is delivered, and subject to payment, the Buyer is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the Seller, and the Seller waives any and all moral rights therein.

All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to Buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Gig and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason.

You may have to remind the buyer that, if they cancel, they cannot use what was delivered.

Thank you so much for sharing this experience, even though I’m a total newbie to Fiverr (created no gig yet)…I’m in the process of learning everything first before starting (sorry for my bad english, not my native language) 🙂

i have been dealing with this too, my buyer doesnt know that he really want but the only who loss was me… this is stupid

For your consideration:

TOS:

TOS:

You rock. Great response. Three cheers for self-respect and protecting ourselves with the policy!

Archived