Fiverr is scam

puyenika

I ordered a full responsive website for 260 dollar and I got nothing,after I request the fiverrteam that I was scammed by a seller they told me to send a message to the seller and if he not send me a message back
within 3,4 days the order will be cancelled,so I messaged the seller and he said to me that he would give me a website in two days,so I waited. After two days the seller blocked me
and I messaged again the fiverrteam about the problem and this time they told me that they couldnt help me and also that the seller doesnt exist anymore on fiverr! Wtf?!! I feel very very *******!!! by fiverr!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I’m not sure about where the communication between you and Customer Support might have been misunderstood but if the situation is as you described, it doesn’t just end with the seller being removed. When a user has to be banned from Fiverr like this seller probably was, the funds will revert back to you in the form of Fiverr credit. It might take a little time, but you will get it back.

Fiverr is not a company that sells services, it is just a platform for independent contractors, so it is important to use caution. This is true anytime you spend larger amounts of money online with a person you don’t know. The best thing you can do is look for a strong seller with many good reviews who advertises the same type of service. Contact them and explain your needs and make sure they can communicate with you well and provide what you need.

You might want to buy a small $5-10 milestone service just to start your project and see how it goes. Then you can use your returned funds to purchase what you wanted from a reputable seller and there are lots of them here. Some sellers are not the best choices, unfortunately. Fiverr itself is definitely not a scam, though, and they don’t keep your money if the order was cancelled due to an account being removed.

And the weird thing was,after he ‘delivered’ the order I could not give any reviews at the time,I really wanted to give him a really bad review because I litterally didnt get anything,but it was not possible,so I emailed fiverrteam and they told me to message the seller and if he not response within 4 days the order will cancell automatically,the seller responded back in 2 days,but didnt resolve the problem in that week,so in totally we were a month forward for an order that he oromised to make it in 10 days,after that I complain again to fiverrteam and this time they told me that I am to late!!! Bye money! What about that?!!

If the seller delivered the order, do you click on “Request Modification” button? If yes, Fiverr won’t release your money to the seller until the seller delivered the things you needed.

The system will automatically mark it as “Completed” if you didn’t review the order by asking a modification within 3 days. After 14days, your money will release to the seller. If the seller withdrawn their money out from Fiverr, I don’t you can get back your money.

Lastly, Fiverr is not a “scam”, you and Fiver are the victim of a irresponsible seller.

Well,fiverr said to me to wait a little bit and after I ‘waited’ fiverrteam told me that the opportunity to cancell was expired! Again bye money! I really was happy with a company as fiverr,the website I wanted costs here in the Netherlands about 2000 dollar I think,some stupid guy in pakistan or something told me to do that for 250 dollar and I believed him just because of fiverr,so this is what happened,that guy earned money,fiverr earned money,I lost money,me stupid,because I believed in Fiverr,thats it 🙂

The crux of the problem here is not Fiverr. They will refund the buyer if what he says is how it happened.
The real problem here is the Buyer’s belief that he could get something for one tenth of the price that it is worth. Yes, buying things from someone in Asia can save you money. But not that much.
Any seller in Asia who has actually completed work for western buyers will be aware of the rates that are charged here, probably after one or two sales. They will then increase their price to something that is still a major saving (ie a 2000 site for 1000). If you are looking for a saving of 85%, you are taking a big gamble - if it pays off then great for you, but if not then it’s tough luck. Deal with it. You can’t get a refund if your Lottery ticket doesn’t win.
Simple as that.
Fiverr is a great platform for great savings but not every offer will be genuine. Do your homework, do a test order (not a free sample), and make your decision.
Don’t moan about your own mistakes or try to blame other people. Grow up.

Your biggest mistake was not to hit the “request modification button” which would have saved you. But with you being new you didn’t know better and trusted the seller. Your last chance is to contact support again, maybe you will get a different answer from another support agent. It would be interesting though to hear the whole story from both sides. You can always try and reach out to your credit company to see if they can help you, but Fiverr support is really good about scammers in general there must be more to this story. Anyways best of luck I hope you will get this fixed and I understand your frustration!!!

I don’t have shares in Fiverr.
What I do have is an interest in Fiverr which is due to the fact that it provides me with a great place to both buy and sell. I have bought here over 70 times and twice out of those I was not happy with the work that I received, I have also sold over 120 times with 99% rating. It really irritates me when someone comes along, trying to get something for a ridiculously low price and then they moan that they got something rubbish or they got screwed by someone.
This platform is fantastic and offers great value for buyers, the ones who have problems I find, are the ones who look for the lowest of the low prices.
I posted a buyer request for a website a while ago. I got offers between $5 and $10,000. It was for a website that would take a reasonable designer a couple of days to make and I had all the content ready for it. I had the common sense to know that the offers for $10,000 were ridiculously overpriced AND that the offers for $5 were ridiculously under-priced. So I would not have ordered from either of those. In the end I gave a trial to a guy to create the home page for $10 which he did and I then placed the order for $100. It was a basic site to be built on the CMS Weebly, so not a lot of work.
As I said, you will get your money back from Fiverr if you what you have said is actually what happened.

Archived