Fiverr Community Forum

Fiverr is scam

Your biggest mistake was not to hit the “request modification button” which would have saved you. But with you being new you didn’t know better and trusted the seller. Your last chance is to contact support again, maybe you will get a different answer from another support agent. It would be interesting though to hear the whole story from both sides. You can always try and reach out to your credit company to see if they can help you, but Fiverr support is really good about scammers in general there must be more to this story. Anyways best of luck I hope you will get this fixed and I understand your frustration!!!

I don’t have shares in Fiverr.
What I do have is an interest in Fiverr which is due to the fact that it provides me with a great place to both buy and sell. I have bought here over 70 times and twice out of those I was not happy with the work that I received, I have also sold over 120 times with 99% rating. It really irritates me when someone comes along, trying to get something for a ridiculously low price and then they moan that they got something rubbish or they got screwed by someone.
This platform is fantastic and offers great value for buyers, the ones who have problems I find, are the ones who look for the lowest of the low prices.
I posted a buyer request for a website a while ago. I got offers between $5 and $10,000. It was for a website that would take a reasonable designer a couple of days to make and I had all the content ready for it. I had the common sense to know that the offers for $10,000 were ridiculously overpriced AND that the offers for $5 were ridiculously under-priced. So I would not have ordered from either of those. In the end I gave a trial to a guy to create the home page for $10 which he did and I then placed the order for $100. It was a basic site to be built on the CMS Weebly, so not a lot of work.
As I said, you will get your money back from Fiverr if you what you have said is actually what happened.

If everything you have said is true then Fiverr has a customer service person who made a mistake…
This does not mean it is a scam.

So you blame the person thats working for fiverr?! Are you really serious?

If what you say is true then you are due a refund so yes, someone may have made a mistake which they can fix if you contact them and provide the relevant info.
The seller may have tried to screw you but this is life.
Who are you blaming?

Who am I blaming? First the seller and after I saw the method of fiberr that didnt cancell the order I blame Fiverr :wink:

I suspect you didnt understand how fiverr works. If you had hit the modification button and then talk to the seller, fiverr wont release the funds to the seller until the dispute is resolved. the seller knew this and allowed the waiting days to lapse and cleared out the funds.

As for fiverr, I am yet to see a platform as genuine, its not a scam! I am a seller here and I do know there are rules to follow and the system works.

You can still have your job done on fiverr if you take time to locate the right seller, I am sure there are many competent sellers around who wont run because of $250.

Sorry for your loss!

I suspect you didnt understand how fiverr works. If you had hit the modification button and then talk to the seller, fiverr wont release the funds to the seller until the dispute is resolved. the seller knew this and allowed the waiting days to lapse and cleared out the funds.

As for fiverr, I am yet to see a platform as genuine, its not a scam! I am a seller here and I do know there are rules to follow and the system works.

You can still have your job done on fiverr if you take time to locate the right seller, I am sure there are many competent sellers around who wont run because of $250.

Sorry for your loss!

Yes, Fiber is important for digestion :smiley:
I know I have sounded harsh to you but I really think you just need to get back on to customer service, it sounds like a mistake by an individual. Consider that it is 14 days after a sale goes through that the money is given to the seller’s account. It doesn’t sound like that time has passed so they should be able to sort it out.
With regard to the seller, of course they are at fault but the reality is that these people are out there. In terms of Fiverr, all I can say is that they generally find in favor of the buyer - that’s something that really annoys sellers but it is true. You should get your money back if everything you have said is how it actually happened.

If you received nothing for your money then you should get a full refund.
I am guessing that you got someone who may not have understood what you were saying. Try customer support again. Tell them you got nothing for your money.

Really unfortunate.

@Edume actually you got a point. Although Fiverr is not a scam, just like when it is a non-online shop. If there is even just one employee of the shop being bad to a customer, the customer would most likely think that the whole shop is bad (although probably not everyone would think like that). He/she might not wanna come back unless he/she gets a refund or discount or whatever could be agreed between the seller and the buyer to make the buyer not dissapointed, so the buyer will come back next time. I personally won´t come back to a shop let´s say which one of the shop assistants has given me a crappy service, let alone if I got scammed by him/her.

Oh I already gave up,what I want to say is be carefull with using Fiverr. I just recommend to people to use sellers in their own country,then you might visit the seller,but in my case I live in the Netherlands and the seller in Pakistan,and Fiverr does not helping me out,so again be carefull and at least take the gigs from 5 to 10 dollars or something and dont be stupid as me to take a order for 260 dollar :stuck_out_tongue:

They just said they could not help me :frowning:

That will seriously limit the value you get on Fiverr!
What date was the order marked as complete?

Try social media, I heard Fiverr is really quick in getting things resolved when you get in touch via social media. Don’t give up. $260 is a lot of money, and you deserve a refund. There are so many wonderful sellers here who can help you get a fantastic website.

That is your choice. However, let me point out that sellers – good or bad – are NOT employees of Fiverr. As is the nature of freelance work, every seller is their own business owner. Their gigs are their business. If there is a problem with a bad seller on Fiverr, it is the seller’s fault, not Fiverr’s. Blaming Fiverr for the actions of the people who choose to use their site services isn’t a fair argument.

Like @misscrystal said, the vast majority of Fiverr sellers are good, hard-working, honest business people. Don’t let the bad actions of a one or two bad sellers color your overall impression of Fiverr. Fiverr is a great place to buy and seller services. There will always be bad sellers, but I can guarantee you, those bad sellers will be weeded out and ignored as time passes.

Focus on the overwhelming good. The bad will eventually get swept out the door.

1 Like

@jonbass are you talking to me or to edume?

@jonbass Anyway thanks for heads up. I was actually just telling my opinion to Edume. I don´t have anything against you or Edume. I have read your arguments with Edume in other threads. But I am too lazy to have intellectual arguments with anyone, especially in an online forum like this. I hope you all have a great day :slight_smile:

You’re not supposed to visit the seller, all communications outside of Fiverr are forbidden. When a client gives me his resume to write a LinkedIn summary, I never call him or e-mail him, I act like that information isn’t there.

Besides, there are lots of great people in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Fiji, etc. There are also scammers all over the world. Fiverr isn’t dangerous, 9 times out of 10 I get quality work when I order. I can count with my fingers the number of times I’ve gotten crap.