Fiverr kept my money

josebenegas

Take care. I ordered a gig but I didn´t felt confortable with the kind of information the seller asked me to complete it (some private passwords). So I cancelled it. The total amount were $20. But Fiverr do not send my money back, they took it and is there in the balance. I can not withdrawal it and I can not use it as a parcial payment. So even if I want to use MY MONEY to buy a gig of $20 I can not use it because they add a fee that is going to add some cents to the total amount, so it will be more than $20. This is a very dishonest policy, there is not practical way in which I would be allowed to recover my money. The reason why I can not use it as parcial payment and complete the balance with Paypal? They don´t explain anything, so I have to presume that they want just to keep my money.

If you take a look at Fiverr TOS (https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service), you can read this:

"If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded to the buyer’s shopping balance"

So you should have known you cannot get your money back to your bank/paypal.

That said, I have to agree with you that the new processing fees make this situation unfair: there are a lot of complaints about this (this is not the first thread about the fact people cannot use Fiverr balance to buy gigs because of new fees)… don’t know which are Fiverr plans, honestly…

Archived