Fiverr Forum

Fiverr lists gigs with 1 five star rating above mine with over 100 five stars on recommended?

I’ve had hundreds of orders and many happy customers. Two gigs with with over 250 five star ratings between them, yet a new gig with only one or two 5 star ratings is getting listed way above mine for the same service on both recommended and high rating. This really doesn’t seem on to me.

Can anyone tell me what’s going on?

Reply to @forsaken84: Quick off-topic: Is Sanctuary Productions any relation to Sanctuary Records Group?

Reply to @ricksper: As suggested by the OP :-q

[edit] Like the users answered below.

Let’s see, you want Fiverr to show search results from highest rating to lowest. Correct? Sounds like a fine idea except that there may be thousands of Gigs rated higher than yours. So you would end up in the same position, Maybe worse.

Nothing new here, this is how fiverr search work!?

Reply to @kay2809: Better be careful, you may give Fiver a bad reputation! :slight_smile:

Reply to @itsyourthing: I will clear that for serious people.

Reply to @ricksper: My gig was the first of it’s type and is still the one of the highest rated. So yes, mine would be at the top.

Reply to @solow13: Well then it’s broken, because it should provide customers with the best options. Not seemingly ones at random.

We have found Darwin the second here.

Reply to @kay2809: Survival of the highest rated?

I think fiverr support team need to be more clear about how to work the "search"
5 stars help to be in the top?
And what happend with users that buy but don’t rate?
By example I have a regular customer, he bought almost 10 times by month but he never rate my Gig.
This count for the search option? Or not?

And the last… Why some support team guy didn’t answer in the forum?

Fiverr is a for-profit company, and as any other, they care about maximizing their own profit. They probably show search results the way that makes them get the maximum number of overall benefits. They don’t care about individual seller’s income.

If always sellers with the highest ratings appeared in the first places, they’ll soon become overloaded with work. Also, new sellers will never get the chance to kick-start their gigs, will loose interest in Fiverr and leave. Less competition will clearly be detrimental for the platform, as less sellers means less buyers (and and vice versa).

So, if Fiverr lists the gigs in a particular order, I bet it’s because they have access to the overall data, make experiments, and conclude what’s the best order to maximize profit.

all well said, just continue to provide good quality services and maybe some luck will come your way.

Reply to @interuy: I agree with @belengarcia about her comments but I’ll add a direct reply to yours. First, the Support team doesn’t normally read the Ranting Pot. It’s for buyers and sellers to generally gripe.

Second, no one from Fiverr is going to tell you how to work “search.” That’s been a well kept secret from day 1. 5 stars probably does help, but it’s far from the only factor. Buyers that don’t rate you probably don’t hurt you any. Poor ratings will hurt you, so if their choice is between no rating and a 2 star rating, be glad they didn’t rate you. If Fiverr staff explained in detail how the search algorithm worked, sellers that fully understood it would over-leverage it, sellers who didn’t understand it would be in deep trouble, and everyone in the middle (most people) would be stuck guessing just like they are now.

Fiverr does not guarantee a place in search results to anyone. Things change, too. Some time back a well-written gig offering thousands of Facebook likes would have scored high. Now, Facebook complaints have changed all that. Rarely do social media likes/followers/friend gigs appear in search at all and eventually those gigs are generally denied altogether.

Finally, I would bet you most of the staff at Fiverr doesn’t know exactly how search works. They may have some things to repeat based on what has been told to them by marketing and/or development, but that’s just the party line. Those who do know, don’t tell, which circles us back to the beginning. You can try to optimize your gigs for search by studying what does show up, what sells well and what is written on other websites. You’ll probably get some of it right if you work hard at it, until it changes again.

Counting on search to guarantee you anything is not going to work. Good luck!