Fiverr makes almost as much as sellers $7 gig = $4 to Sellers $3 to Fiverr FEE

I’m still a relatively new seller and I’m about to achieve my first level one badge. I started off (like many do) by severely undervaluing my services with hopes that buyers would leave excellent ratings. I worked 12 to 14 hours per day, and after a month of this, I nearly burnt out.

I’ve said this before, but raising my prices to be more in line with my rates outside of fiverr was the best decision i’ve yet to make here. My clients are kinder, more specific, and collaborative. They also pay more, tip, and actively value my services. May was an amazing month, and June is shaping up to be the same.

I think i’m pretty close to finding a balance, but i still have some work to do.

tl;dr: Don’t undervalue yourself.

That’s like criticizing Albert Einstein for having crazy hair and dressing boring. I believe that a jack of all trades is a master at none. Consider that a graphic designer will never be yelled out for failing to catch a spelling mistake. No ad agency expects designers to proofread the copy, just like no copywriter is expected to know that the logo cannot be placed against black, or that it must be this big.

If what you say is true, then Fiverr is flaunting common sense.

They do, but sometimes they contradict themselves an act against their own self-interests. The best course of action would be to reverse the changes, admit they didn’t work, and go back to the way things were before, but few companies have the guts to do that. Coca-Cola had no choice after their disastrous launch of “New Coke” in the 1970s.

That is what Fiverr is looking for in its Pro sellers, which I am guessing is why only 1% are accepted.

Have you checked lately with your seller account? Seems Fiverr now charge a seller when you order a gig with your seller account balance

They always did this. Just because you are a seller doesn’t mean you can also be a buyer. You are allowed to have only 1 account which you can use to sell an buy.

you can be a buyer and a seller with the same account

Seems that rule only applies when buyers spend earned revenues on Fiverr rather than say credit/debit card?

I haven’t checked lately. The last time I bought, I didn’t pay any fees, I had money in my account balance. I only pay fees when I don’t.

I thought it was the opposite. Fiverr pays fees when they deal with PayPal and credit cards, but when we use the money we earn on Fiverr, that money stays on Fiver so it cost them nothing.

This was the case a few weeks back, now Fiverr does indeed charge fees on personal balance purchases.

See>>

(This was paid from balance)

Yep, they have no problem going against their own TOS.
https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

When purchasing from your shopping balance (resulting from any credits or refunds) you will not be charged a service fee. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include service fees paid.

@uxreview
----------(resulting from any credits or refunds)

(Not earned cash)

You just compelled me to open up the terms to view it. I noticed what it meant.

Service fees are added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of May 2018, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $2 on purchases up to $40 and 5% on purchases above $40. When purchasing from your shopping balance (resulting from any credits or refunds) you will not be charged a service fee. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include service fees paid. (sounds repetitive!)

If you have funds in your account balance, either from your Shopping or available Revenue balance, it will be automatically applied to your next purchase. (It does not specify that the fee’s do apply here, but in turn, it does, from the previous sentence)

I see :smiley:
I love it. I’m sure the person who came up with that got a pat on his/her back :star2:

I’m shocked. Fiverr has become Feesverr or Feeverr, whatever is easier to pronounce.

If I understand correctly, they took $22 off your personal balance for a supposed $20 gig you ordered?

Maybe they just want to encourage people to spend ‘new’ cash rather than using the money in circulation within Fiverr …

Yes. I was charged a service fee from my personal balance.

Is Fiverr still alive? I feel like it’s a dead market because of all the fees and changes. I literally get no new clients, messages, traction. The design changes are absolutely not positive and everyone was better off with the site 3 years ago. They slowly introduced bad changes and costs and …from my point of view the site dies Oo

That’s a reasonable explanation even though it makes no sense as a business practice. General Motors offers employee pricing to their employees. That way the salaries they pay can return to the company, at least a fraction of them. Other companies have similar deals.

Yea that’s what am saying. I said seller account cuz I was directing the response to sellers ONLY.

Yes you are right and that makes sense. From a topline perspective, the employee pricing would count MORE as a benefit/perk rather than revenue generation. It does make GM money and the company surely likes it but the majority of the revenue would still have to come from non-employee customers or corporations.

Look at it this way, if you were GM, would you want your employees buying Honda, Toyota, etc, with the money you’re paying them? It is a perk, but it’s also a way for GM to recoup the costs of production, and believe it or not, they are making a profit because I doubt “employee pricing” means “no profit.”