Fiverr permanently disabled my friends account, she has been crying since morning

Hello guys, my friend’s account was disabled today without any previous warning or problems, she only optimized a gig yesterday and changed a photo, she didn’t have any ongoing orders that brought report from her client, she can’t log in to appeal, please what can she do?

747657840_Screenshot_20210427-0805082.thumb.png.a3904f128abfa4bc16b4d8dd7c5a10f3.png
Screenshot_20210427-080508~21080×2091 148 KB

I’m not sure there’s much that can be done. She can request further information from the Fiverr team regarding the ban. A violation of intellectual property would suggest that she’s used work belonging to someone else. Maybe in her work examples. An example would be selling a logo design gig and using the work of other artists as your own work samples.

I’m not sure there’s much that can be done. She can request further information from the Fiverr team regarding the ban. A violation of intellectual property would suggest that she’s used work belonging to someone else. Maybe in her work examples. An example would be selling a logo design gig and using the work of other artists as your own work samples.

I don’t think she violated anything, we live very close and I know what she does. She has made only two deliveries on this account, both 5 stars and completed over a week ago, the services are mostly research works so it’s not possible to use another person’s property, i think Fiverr usually gives a warning for new sellers but this outright disable is quite abnormal and sad.

500$ just gone and there’s no direct explanation of what happened

I don’t think she violated anything, we live very close and I know what she does. She has made only two deliveries on this account, both 5 stars and completed over a week ago, the services are mostly research works so it’s not possible to use another person’s property, i think Fiverr usually gives a warning for new sellers but this outright disable is quite abnormal and sad.

500$ just gone and there’s no direct explanation of what happened

What service was she selling? Has she written academic work for someone else?

Hello guys, my friend’s account was disabled today without any previous warning or problems, she only optimized a gig yesterday and changed a photo, she didn’t have any ongoing orders that brought report from her client, she can’t log in to appeal, please what can she do?

what can she do?

She can contact Support at support@fiverr.com.

Okay, thanks I’ll give her this mail, is it contract directly by email?

is it contract directly by email?

Yes, directly. It’s the only way for her to contact them now, since she can’t log into her account, and creating a new account to contact Customer Support would be against the rules.

is it contract directly by email?

Yes, directly. It’s the only way for her to contact them now, since she can’t log into her account, and creating a new account to contact Customer Support would be against the rules.

I hope they reply, I heard Fiverr wouldn’t respond to appeals from disable Account

You wrote she changed a photo. Did she use the same photo before already, on Fiverr, or does she use it somewhere else? That might be a potential issue.

Ah, and research work, did that include academic/school assignments? That’s problematic turf.

Gig photo, changed it to s brighter photo but it was from Google, is this even enough reason to disable without warning?

brighter photo but it was from Google

Profile photo has to be authentic (that is, the actual photo of the user), or a photo that’s their property or that they have the rights to use.

is this even enough reason to disable without warning?

Using a photo that doesn’t belong to her/that she doesn’t have the rights to use is a violation of Fiverr’s Terms of Service.

brighter photo but it was from Google

Profile photo has to be authentic (that is, the actual photo of the user), or a photo that’s their property or that they have the rights to use.

is this even enough reason to disable without warning?

Using a photo that doesn’t belong to her/that she doesn’t have the rights to use is a violation of Fiverr’s Terms of Service.

Profile photo is authentic 100%, gig photo were two - one is hers, one is similar but from Google

Profile photo is authentic 100%, gig photo were two - one is hers, one is similar but from Google

one is similar but from Google

Thank you for the clarification.

Still, the rule stands: if she doesn’t have the rights to use that photo, she’s breaking the rules.

No, it’s research related to banking and real estate services, like the best banks for foreigners in a particular country. It’s usually by mailing banks directly for enquiries

No, it’s research related to banking and real estate services, like the best banks for foreigners in a particular country. It’s usually by mailing banks directly for enquiries

I don’t know the exact details of how she offered this service, because I know providing financial services in general is allowed by Fiverr. But this is what is in the ToS and maybe the first point is relevant here, since she offers mailing banks directly?

Services that can pose financial risks for our users

Do not offer or ask for:

• Services that require getting access to the buyer’s sensitive financial information.
  • Opening, managing, or implementing changes in a financial account.
  • Providing loans.
  • Trading signals or indicators.

Again, I’m just trying to help and think what caused the ban. Perhaps it’s indeed the Google image she used. As people mentioned above, contacting Fiverr’s CS is the best way to receive clarification.

please what can she do?

Permanently Disabled - means the account was disabled and will not be restored. When this happens, the customer cannot log into the account at all, and the reason it was disabled was due to a serious violation of our Terms of Service.

Sellers with funds available for withdrawal will need to wait 90 days to withdraw, as described in our Terms. Once the 90 days are over, these sellers will receive an automatic email that will allow them 7 days to withdraw the funds.

Buyers can receive an immediate refund of any funds available on their Fiverr Balance.

The above is from the Help Centre.

Archived