Fiverr Positive Feedback on Sale! Buyers, be cautious

newonearth

h I had very pathetic experience with Fiverr purchases. I purchased 2 gigs in this month and both came out as SCAM. First seller with 98% Positive feedback and another was with 100% Positive feedback. I always purchase gigs from sellers with high positive feedback and ratings but now, I believe, it is also being counterfeited.

I started research online and here is my report:

1. There are some Review and Rating exchange groups who rate and leave positive feedback for each other from multiple fake fiverr accounts. So, most of the scam gigs got feedback from accounts without any profile photo or profile descriptions and/or with generic comments like - Great Seller / Nice / Good / Thanks / A+ etc.

2. Some Forums has review exchange threads.

3. Found some freelance sites has listed such jobs of false rating

So, what do you say on this? Any idea on how to get genuine service provider? Please share before I lose my confidence on Fiverr.

Thanks

Guest matt_garry

90% of customers do not have a profile why would they? Most of them just buy.

I have no idea what service you purchased but if you are trying to get facebook, backlinks, cheap programing or what ever good chance you are going to get some headwinds. I would say a good deal of buyers are genuine. And I do not believe that too many people actually use fake feedback.

And as for protecting yourself simply ask for a refund cancel the order if you do not get what you want. That being said make sure you are doing what is needed as a client if you are having a lot of trouble it could be you ( no offense I just have seen some very ignorant buyers)

And trust me the buyers have it easy the sellers deal with scam buyers on a daily basis ordering 2 gigs when they seller requests 4. Threatening negative feedback unless you do free extra work. you got it easy!

Guest matt_garry

90% of customers do not have a profile why would they? Most of them just buy.

I have no idea what service you purchased but if you are trying to get facebook, backlinks, cheap programing or what ever good chance you are going to get some headwinds. I would say a good deal of buyers are genuine. And I do not believe that too many people actually use fake feedback.

And as for protecting yourself simply ask for a refund cancel the order if you do not get what you want. That being said make sure you are doing what is needed as a client if you are having a lot of trouble it could be you ( no offense I just have seen some very ignorant buyers)

And trust me the buyers have it easy the sellers deal with scam buyers on a daily basis ordering 2 gigs when they seller requests 4. Threatening negative feedback unless you do free extra work. you got it easy!

newonearth said: I always purchase gigs from sellers with high positive feedback and ratings but now, I believe, it is also being counterfeited

I assure you that 100% ratings are not counterfeited. Myself and others worked very hard to achieve and work even harder to maintain a 100% rating. All the positive reviews on my gigs came from over delivering my service each and every time.

I've actually met in person a few top and many Level 2 sellers with 100% ratings. They are real people and so are their statistics.

If you have a problem with one or two sellers, you should report them to CS immediately.

You can plainly see some profiles and gig descriptions that are lacking in fundamental communication and business skills. Since you are new, I suggest always contacting a seller before you buy. See how long it takes to get a response and judge the professionalism and tone of the response.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for valuable comments.

OK…here is my recipe of getting a genuine gig…

1. Discuss about quality of service with seller.
  2. Ask for sample work
  3. Look at the gig description (an well-written gig means the seller care for it and it’s reputation)
  4. Ask how many gigs cancelled or refunded earlier.

What do you suggest? Are these OK or need to add something else.

Thanks

Honestly, like almost everything in life, there are good and bad sellers. I guess there are some dishonest sellers doing that ‘‘false positive feedback’’ thing. However, I think that’s only a small percentage (4% maybe).

I’ve been a seller here for almost 2 years and I can assure you that all my feedbacks are 100% genuine. It would be very hard and time consuming to get all those feedbacks on a fake way. I don’t even have the time to do that Lol.

I think sellers doing that are not serious and don’t last long.

When you get 50 orders a day (like I was getting a few weeks back, but now back to normal 20 a day 😛 ), and you deliver a good product, it is pretty easy to get positive feedbacks on a daily basis.

In my experience, most of the buyers use:

great job

A++

Thanks

And many similar other short phrases like those mentioned above.

So never think that a seller is a scammer just because of feedbacks from people with no profile picture or leaving short feedback, because that’s pretty common here on Fiverr.

Also, theres this new feature in Fiverr V2 that tells if a gig has a high cancellation ratio. So based on that and if the gig has many negative feedbacks, you can judge by yourself.

If all those things fail and you end ordering from a bad seller, you can always request to cancel the order and get a refund. 😉

Best Of Luck.

I have used most of the freelancing services and I have found that Fiverr is better than most others. This is a proven fact. I have harnessed my writing skills here on Fiverr platform and I have got good responses from buyers.

There are many sellers who will willingly cancel the order than delivering a bad service.

Hope you will understand the fact.

Fiverr works on the mutual satisfaction of buyers and sellers.

Fiverr will surely intervene when there is conflict of interest.

http://fiverr.com/snsharma

:bz :bz

• 1 month later...

With all above said, I am now looking forward to make my first, genuin, sell. Unfortunately, this being my first sell, I do not have any recommendations, yet, but I hope I will get a positive one, as I have been very transparent with my information, name and sample. I do believe in the good in people and am sorry to hear that some of you have encountered scams along the way, but hey, the world ain’t perfect, right? Looking forward to do business with y’all. 🙂

Regards, Lennart from Sweden (the land where the ice bears rome free in the streets and is often confused as being Switzerland…:))

Reply to @newonearth: It is really required for you to message the buyer and get a feel before you buy agig. I usually offer a sample or partly done gig with draft/lgo watermark so that the buyer is reassured that I can actually deliver the gig. Its not wrong to ask a seller to prove that they can do the work.

Having said that many of us are actually busy with our day jobs and Fiverr gigs so be reasonable when you ask for a sample.

As far as no image is concerned I had a buyer who bought 7 gigs he was real and believe me I worked hard to get those gigs delivered. Don’t think all reviews that you see without buyer image are fake.

Archived