Fiverr Pro badge - great pro sellers finally arrive! - offering logos at 3k$ basic gig price LOL

I mean seriously, who in their right minds will shell out 3k$ for getting their brand logo designed?? 😂 I don’t want to mention any specific seller name but I’ve seen a couple of new arrivals with “Fiverr Pro” badges offering their gigs at such price. They have 0 sales and their favorite count is already upto 10 (another LOL)

My point is… it seems some sellers think their “pro” badge status will convince any buyer about their so called “elite” status and they will be ready to shell out that ridiculous amount for a job which other level 2 sellers are offering at 5$

STOP LIVING IN YOUR FANTASY WORLD AND CALLING YOURSELF A “PRO SELLER” … you’re nothing but a wannabe and in desperate need of money not the work…

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes yes yes yes yes yes (20 character)

yes yes yes yes yes yes (20 character)

And for that I award you the childish badge of the year. You have behaved in a very childish and unprofessional manner. Sending that message is considered as spamming and if fiverr decided to dig further into the matter you could kiss your account bye. If a seller decides to charge 0.1 or 1000000000000 it is their own will. I won’t even try to continue this conversation, maybe other forum members will.

You know, if someone sent me a message just so they could post it on the forum as a mockery of my service, I would hope that someone would report it as it would be extremely irritating.
That’s why I am going to report your behavior.
There are enough time wasters on Fiverr without sellers openly showing off their “hilarious joke” on the forum.

Edit: On reflection, I decided to contact the seller in question to ensure they didn’t waste time creating a detailed response to your message. They can report you themselves if they choose.

You know, if someone sent me a message just so they could post it on the forum as a mockery of my service, I would hope that someone would report it as it would be extremely irritating.

That’s why I am going to report your behavior.

There are enough time wasters on Fiverr without sellers openly showing off their “hilarious joke” on the forum.

Edit: On reflection, I decided to contact the seller in question to ensure they didn’t waste time creating a detailed response to your message. They can report you themselves if they choose.

okay. I didn’t expect this to go like this…

With due respect that wasn’t my intention. I was just highlighting the fact that some new sellers are trying to misuse the Fiverr Pro system and quoting whatever price that comes to their mind in hopes of making it big just because they have a “pro” badge

I am not fooling around here. I myself applied for Fiverr pro badge. I too get spam messages in my inbox from unknown buyers who message me irrelevant things not relating to my gig but just mentioning their e mail addresses and asking me to contact them.

Funny it is to see very generic and over priced gigs are PRO sellers, Even new sellers who made zero sales by now are PRO sellers… When i submit application for PRO seller i was asked such questions that it made me feel like the selection is all upon editorial team. I also thought TOP quality gigs will receive PRO thing. But no i wasn’t selected for pro being 100% positive seller with returning customers. Also i am seeing people getting Featured with 30 reviews or less and has nothing special with them.

Fiverr is behaving very very strange to me now a days or maybe i am in my bad days 😃

THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT HERE.

I had spend almost 30 minutes filling that Fiverr Pro badge and I was asked thoroughly about my background, my business goal and even my username from my other hiring site services. It made me think that its a fully manual process and that only those sellers who have an actual experience of working with clients on fiverr would be granted that Fiverr Pro badge.

But I was surprised to see "new arrivals" with Fiverr Pro Badge with RIDICULOUS PRICES.

I am sure nobody will buy from them at that price just because they are "Pro sellers". Here I am amazed at how Fiverr grants them this badge even if they are new arrivals and haven't even made any sales haha

Thanks @jhallawalla for supporting my opinion bro. I appreciate it. 🙂

and @uncarved My attitude wasn't abominable... those who quote fake prices for a simple work, and try to lure innocent buyers into their trap in the disguise of being "Pro sellers", they are abominable in my book.

Rest lies in the hands of moderators. I already deleted that screenshot.

Thanks

Actually, the rest lies in the hands of the pro seller you sent that message to. If that seller reports your message (which I assume they will since it breaks Fiverr’s TOS), Fiverr will see it, and that message cannot be deleted…

So the forum should be the least of your concerns right now 😕

Look friend, prices are higher than ours, i’m a designer myself here and their prices are higher than mine, but i personally charge similar prices in local projects, or outside of Fiverr. I’m not talking for 3k$, but i’m talking for 300-1k$.
I know that there are a lot of great new sellers, level 1, 2 and top rated sellers who have great skills, but the reason that those guys are selling higher prices is that they are well known names in the industry. You will see that they have worked for big brands and know how to handle corporate size clients, or clients with higher budget. Those clients require a brand not just a logo.
Having a logo design made and having a brand created are two separate things.
A Brand is way more than a logo, while a logo is an element of the brand that represents a brand, but there are typography, color palettes, and specific guides on how and where to use a logo. Those guys are offering that type of service, at least most of them.
So, if you will ask me, even though they are my direct competitors, i wouldn’t doubt their skills. We may be very good too, but we still haven’t got the pro badge, and i haven’t applied yet, until then, we should respect each other, including those guys who have Pro Gigs.

I told you, i don’t agree with Fiverr on how they have ranked those gigs, but freelancers don’t have any fault on Fiverr searches.

Peace,
Dan

THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT HERE.

I had spend almost 30 minutes filling that Fiverr Pro badge and I was asked thoroughly about my background, my business goal and even my username from my other hiring site services. It made me think that its a fully manual process and that only those sellers who have an actual experience of working with clients on fiverr would be granted that Fiverr Pro badge.

But I was surprised to see "new arrivals" with Fiverr Pro Badge with RIDICULOUS PRICES.

I am sure nobody will buy from them at that price just because they are "Pro sellers". Here I am amazed at how Fiverr grants them this badge even if they are new arrivals and haven't even made any sales haha

Thanks @jhallawalla for supporting my opinion bro. I appreciate it. 🙂

and @uncarved My attitude wasn't abominable... those who quote fake prices for a simple work, and try to lure innocent buyers into their trap in the disguise of being "Pro sellers", they are abominable in my book.

Thanks

Outline:

-> You’ve applied to become a Fiverr Pro Badge Holder yet you’re mocking that very Badge with this post.

-> You sent a message to someone who has the Pro Badge and Fiverr will eventually see it.

Don’t you think this will limit your ability to achieve this level and receive this badge?

Your behaviour is definitely not suitable for a pro badge.

What you should do now:

-> Contact the seller you’ve previously made contact with and express yourself and say sorry.

-> Hope that he/she does not report you (That can result in an account suspension)

**-> Learn from this experience to only contact a seller if you are interested in purchasing a service from them.**

Best of luck.

P.S. -> Please don’t take my reply out of context, I mean only the very best for you and I genuinely noticed you were sorry for what you’ve done.

Outline:

-> You’ve applied to become a Fiverr Pro Badge Holder yet you’re mocking that very Badge with this post.

-> You sent a message to someone who has the Pro Badge and Fiverr will eventually see it.

Don’t you think this will limit your ability to achieve this level and receive this badge?

Your behaviour is definitely not suitable for a pro badge.

What you should do now:

-> Contact the seller you’ve previously made contact with and express yourself and say sorry.

-> Hope that he/she does not report you (That can result in an account suspension)

**-> Learn from this experience to only contact a seller if you are interested in purchasing a service from them.**

Best of luck.

P.S. -> Please don’t take my reply out of context, I mean only the very best for you and I genuinely noticed you were sorry for what you’ve done.

Thanks for the guidance. I’ve sent the seller my apology message.

I am NOT mocking the badge. I was shocked at seeing the gig price of that Pro seller who hasn’t even made any sales. I don’t care how big they are outside… but on fiverr they have made ZERO SALES. That’s the bottomline. So they shouldn’t take advantage of having a Pro badge to con people off their hard earned money.

and I know people here are highly judgmental. They always tend to kill the voice of an awareness post and make the poster feel like his the offender not the other way around.

Lesson learned: Don’t raise any awareness of any “weird” thing happening here on Fiverr… just mind my own damn business.

Otherwise I will be threatened to have my account suspended.

Thanks

And for that I award you the childish badge of the year

There you go. This guy understood my point perfectly.

When I asked you if you sent that message, I was praying that you would say no, but then you threw at me so many Yeses. Did you expect me or the forum to pat you on the back and say congratulations?? I consider your act childish because it is childish, if you want me to prove it, I could simply take your message and forward it to CS the would say the same thing. You consider me ignorant, well that’s fine but ask yourself this, when you read all the replies what would you conclude?

I am NOT mocking the badge. I was shocked at seeing the gig price of that Pro seller who hasn’t even made any sales. I don’t care how big they are outside… but on fiverr they have made ZERO SALES. That’s the bottomline. So they shouldn’t take advantage of having a Pro badge to con people off their hard earned money.

and I know people here are highly judgmental. They always tend to kill the voice of an awareness post and make the poster feel like his the offender not the other way around.

Lesson learned: Don’t raise any awareness of any “weird” thing happening here on Fiverr… just mind my own damn business.

Thanks

I was shocked at seeing the gig price of that Pro seller who hasn’t even made any sales. I don’t care how big they are outside… but on fiverr they have made ZERO SALES.

I have opinions about all this too, but for now I’m just responding to you, partly hoping to actually help you out. First, while you may not care how big they are outside Fiverr (and many other people join you in that sentiment) I suppose some buyers out there might. Fiverr wants to gamble on it, so that’s their thing. The people who are new and have the Pro badge were actually invited by Fiverr to try this out. So, it’s just in poor taste to make fun of them and message them with annoying messages when they might even be confused right now.

I get part of what you are saying, it’s a big move on Fiverr’s part and possibly a crazy one. Maybe crazy like a fox and maybe just crazy. Fiverr made a big point of putting promos about Pro ALL over the place when they launched it, and a staff member posted about it on the forum. it was sure sudden, but it isn’t like there wasn’t material for you to read about how it worked. So, raising awareness about a weird happening is really fine, the forum has lots of posts that do just that. They aren’t always full of popular opinions but they do often have good debates. There is nothing wrong with that. Breaking Fiverr ToS to send fake messages to other sellers and coming to the forum to make fun of people is your problem, not the raising awareness part. Now, I see that you get that now, so you don’t have to yell at me for posting this, but I’m just saying - thinking and reading before posting can help you avoid such a poor reaction.

Thanks

You sent a message to another seller in order to screenshot it and post it with a mocking post on the forum.

You have repeatedly insulted that particular seller and others in that category.

You have been “highly judgmental” of those sellers.

You have displayed a complete lack of professionalism.

From the responses, you have taken:

I know people here are highly judgmental. They always tend to kill the voice of an awareness post and make the poster feel like his the offender not the other way around.

The lesson you need to learn is that your behavior is not acceptable to most professional people and they will not laugh along or join in with it.

Finally, nobody has threatened account suspension, nobody here has the power to do that. You were informed that your account could be suspended as a result of your action of spamming another seller.

Thanks

Don’t worry bro kuch nahi hoga

Putting up questions and discuss about it is your right and everyone has opinion

Keep it just don’t abuse it and you’ll be ok

Don’t worry bro kuch nahi hoga

Putting up questions and discuss about it is your right and everyone has opinion

Keep it just don’t abuse it and you’ll be ok

Thanks bro. I will try my best to stay away from the forums. It’s not healthy. I’ve had previous bad experiences participating here and getting targeted for being “negative” when in fact I was just expressing my opinions.

Thanks bro. I will try my best to stay away from the forums. It’s not healthy. I’ve had previous bad experiences participating here and getting targeted for being “negative” when in fact I was just expressing my opinions.

It wasn’t your opinion that was targeted here but your actions. If you can’t see that, then there really is no hope for you.

When I asked you if you sent that message, I was praying that you would say no, but then you threw at me so many Yeses. Did you expect me or the forum to pat you on the back and say congratulations?? I consider your act childish because it is childish, if you want me to prove it, I could simply take your message and forward it to CS the would say the same thing. You consider me ignorant, well that’s fine but ask yourself this, when you read all the replies what would you conclude?

If I replied with “yes”, I won’t be able to post it due to the minimum character being upto 20 characters. Hence I repeated yes several times. I was afraid of typing gibberish because then it would be spam. If “yes” is an offensive word in english dictionary, then you can very well forward my yes message to the CS.

I wouldn’t be surprised because I’ve been targeted previously for using “Jesus” in a message and getting reported.

(and that wasn’t even a joke)

You gave me a childish badge so I gave you ignorant badge in self defense sir.

and yes, I do admit I made a mistake and I already apologized (as if I am a bigger offender than those sellers who keep unrealistic prices)

and that’s a new revelation that Fiverr itself invited them to come here as Pro sellers. WELL than they sure can do anything with their accounts… sorry for the interference.

Thanks

@manish30885 I did not mean to hurt you in anyway and if I did, I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart.

I am not judgmental. I know exactly what you did and I know that you meant. To express your point of view while being funny. What I was upset at was the fact you sent a letter to a seller for apparent reason.

The forum is the very place where we should be sharing our opinions!

And just to confirm, I’m not against your sentiment. I’m just as confused about this feature as you are.

I’m again sorry I came across that I was threatening to suspend your account. Like @fonthaunt said, I don’t have the power to do anything like that. The only thing I can do is send a message to support. (Which I won’t do because you have apologized.) I was explaining that something like that can result in an account suspension, warning or deletion.

The forum is an open place. Please, feel free to post anything you want. I’m a regular forum user just like you.

I hope I’ve cleared things up and we’ve renewed our forum friendship. 😄

I get it what you were saying. To some people (for instance for a housewife like me who doesn´t run a business), a logo for $3000 or more is ridicilous, especially where there are tons of logo designs with much more friendly prices out there. But to some business people (the very big ones), they see it in a totally different way, coz a brand identity will resonate with people the most. So, some business people think it is worth it to invest that much (or more) in the logo.

But yeah, messaging the seller and offering a fake offer was not cool of you. It´s just not nice. I don´t know what negative feeling or thought you have about the PRO seller, after all, you have the right to feel or think whatever you like. But never ever do such unethical stuff like that no matter what.

Archived