Fiverr refunded a fraudulent chargeback

estherrandell

I just want to say a big thank you to the Trust & Safety team on Fiverr. Never in a million years did I actually think a case like this would go in my favor. Here’s the deal.

A guy contacted me to write a book. He provided a detailed outline via a voice note and when I listened to it, I hinted that it would require a lot more words than he was willing to pay for. His outline included things like energy healing, entrepreneurship, motivation, mind-control, mind exercises, healthy living, laws of attraction, etc. all in a 10,000-word book. I offered my professional opinion and advised that he divided the book into two volumes as this would just not fit nicely in one book.

He agreed but wouldn’t budge on his budget so he asked me to summarize as much as I can in the first volume. This was the hardest project I’ve ever worked on but I put in my very best. I ended up writing 1,000 words extra just to satisfy his outline at no extra cost.

When the order was automatically completed, he stated that a few things weren’t added to the final manuscript. I reminded him about our agreement and that was the last I heard from him. He then went ahead and requested a chargeback and Fiverr canceled the order and he was refunded.

Today I got a mail from Fiverr saying I won the case and I would be paid within 7 days. I was not even aware of this but Fiverr’s Trust and Safety team investigated the order and concluded that I deserve to be paid. Did I mention, Fiverr has permanently disabled this buyer’s account for good.

I just want to say a big thank you to the Fiverr support team. I pledge today to spread the word - Fiverr rocks!

Fraud.PNG.22b7302e897dfa677e908ab64c7f2515.PNG

Archived