Fiverr removed live portfolio option from the graphic design section?

Guest rajat11

Guest rajat11

I had checked my gigs today what I observed that Fiverr removed live portfolio option from the graphic design section all my gigs showing that option except the gig for logo designing

Guest rajat11

Reply to @fonthaunt: yeah but that are important for new sellers like me, I have done my first order in signature logo and if they don’t show the live portfolio then how new sellers will attract to me
Fiverr should do something with it asap

Reply to @rajat11: I understand but I can’t help you with that. You could create a Flickr portfolio and as long as there is no way to contact you through Flickr you may be able to put a portfolio link on your profile. Another even safer option is to make a slideshow portfolio, save it as a video and put it up as your gig video. More people would probably see that and you could combine it with a good copyright-free music track to really give it a flashy gallery feel.

Reply to @rajat11: According to the list of allowed links I have, Flickr should be ok, but since my role is on the forum and not Customer Support, I would suggest checking with them for permission. If it takes a long time to fix live portfolio, though, it could be a quicker route to get a response from CS in less than a week and have some options.

If you do ask them, it would be great if you can post up a screen capture of the answer for others. It is not against any forum rules to share info about CS tickets or to mention Fiverr staff by username.

Some of the links on the list are surprising to me and there are some I personally wouldn’t risk even having this from Fiverr. I’m sure the list is subject to change, but Flickr is a pretty safe one. For example, though, I would never put a team viewer link right in my gig description so I would consider some of these to be risky… :-/

This is where URL list comes from and it’s still intact as of today:

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/205167778-What-URLs-can-I-use-in-my-profile-or-Gig-description-

What URLs can I use in my profile or Gig description?

The following URLs may be used in your profile or Gig description:

favicon-32x32.pngblogger.com img/social/facebook-1200x630.jpg

Blogger.com - Create a unique and beautiful blog. It’s easy and free.

Publish your passions your way. Whether you’d like to share your knowledge, experiences or the latest news, create a unique and beautiful blog for free.

android-icon-36x36.png.vf806ca4ed0deed812Dailymotion dailymotion-logo-ogtag.png.v2779e025da411e7f2

Videos that you actually want to watch - Dailymotion

In Explore, you can discover and watch new music, news, sports, and trailers from Dailymotion's best creators, brands, and Channels

favicon.icoFlickr
15118079089_489aa62638_b.jpg

Flickr, a Yahoo company

Flickr is almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world. Show off your favorite photos and videos to the world, securely and privately show content to your friends and family, or blog the photos and videos you...

soundcloud.com
favicon.icoTeamViewer

The #1 Choice in Remote Desktop Access and Support | TeamViewer

Connect to remote computers, provide remote support, and collaborate online with TeamViewer, the world leader in remote desktop access and support.

tumblr.com
favicon.icovimeo.com
logo.png

Vimeo: Watch, upload, and share HD and 4K videos with no ads

Join the web’s most supportive community of creators and get high-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos in gorgeous HD and 4K with no ads.

wikipedia.org

WikipediaThe Free Encyclopedia

This page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike LicenseTerms of UsePrivacy Policy

youtube.com

Note: If you use a URL, which is not in the above list, it will be removed from your profile. If used in your Gig, it will be denied. Repetitive violations may cause an account to be restricted.

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/205167778-What-URLs-can-I-use-in-my-profile-or-Gig-description-//p6.zdassets.com/hc/theme_assets/38806/1752/1980X350_14-2.jpg

Fiverr Customer Support

http://support.fiverr.com

Reply to @rajat11: yes, but keep in mind that you the seller cannot decide if work you do for a buyer goes in your live portfolio. The buyer can choose to NOT allow it.

This is the same if you were freelancing on your own you should always ask your client if you can use their work on your website for advertising your services.

So if you are going to put work you do here on Fiverr onto a Flickr page, make sure you have permission from the buyer that they say it’s ok. Because remember once you make the sale and complete the gig, the buyer owns the copyright to the work you just created. You cannot use it without their permission.

Reply to @sincere18: This is a great point. Thanks for the addition. I tend to forget that since my samples are generally created for only sample purposes. I think my gigs are different from the average graphic design gig, as my buyers would almost never choose to display what they buy, so I build a portfolio with intentional samples or deliveries that reverted to me due to a cancellation.

Thanks for the reminder not to use a client’s delivery in a portfolio unless they have given permission or you clearly stated in your gig description that work would be used in portfolios.

Reply to @fonthaunt: You’re welcome. I added that because not all Fiverr sellers have worked either professionally in their field or as an independent freelancer.
They just sign up and start selling on Fiverr and think you do work, you get to use it for a portfolio, not really thinking through and copyright issues, or never have been taught that.

But it’s a growing problem in general. Try telling a 10 year old who has grown up with YouTube what copyright infringement means or just to not use that photo. They don’t get it, everything is “sharable” to the younger generation…

Archived