Fiverr removed my gig and I don't know why

linkedx

Hi all,

this is my first post and my apologies if it comes across as a bit emotional.

I’ve been on Fiverr for a while now, and decided to make a new gig after my other 2 were put on inactive. I uploaded a video showcase and three images, my gig got accepted and I received a couple of orders in the past week. I then got an email this morning with the following message:

• The image you are using to represent your Gig has been flagged by our team for not being original. Keep in mind that all images you deliver must be your original work and of the same standard & quality as the results you will be providing to your customers. Using a stock image, a random photo from the Internet, or an image which you copied or bought from a different seller, may mislead buyers. This can lead to negative reviews and cancellations from buyers or the removal of your Gig.

when I checked my profile on desktop , it told me that the video was denied instead of removed, due to the same reason.

I don’t really know why they’ve made this decision a week after, nor why it’s been flagged/denied/removed in the first place. My paintings are my own and I didn’t use fanart/music in my video either.

Is there anything I can do? I don’t want to start yet another gig knowing it might just get flagged again and I kind of want my ratings and impressions back, as well. It’s also quite disheartening.

A demoralizing yet not a unrecoverable situation. I experienced the same issue when I was ‘starting out’ on Fiverr. Basically, their algorithm can detect and flag your images. In that case, you contact SC and provide them with the original/source images that you own & used.

SC then sends these images to a “relevant team” that does a check up and says that it’s all good or not. If all is good, SC will activate your gig.

SC didn’t tell me why this was happening (I got my gig denied 3-4 times, every time I was updating a gig with better pictures >_>) but they at least did try to fix a situation. I’m pretty sure they will fix yours for as long as you will provide source images. (.psd or whatever format you’re using 🙂 )

Good luck!

A demoralizing yet not a unrecoverable situation. I experienced the same issue when I was ‘starting out’ on Fiverr. Basically, their algorithm can detect and flag your images. In that case, you contact SC and provide them with the original/source images that you own & used.

SC then sends these images to a “relevant team” that does a check up and says that it’s all good or not. If all is good, SC will activate your gig.

SC didn’t tell me why this was happening (I got my gig denied 3-4 times, every time I was updating a gig with better pictures >_>) but they at least did try to fix a situation. I’m pretty sure they will fix yours for as long as you will provide source images. (.psd or whatever format you’re using 🙂 )

Good luck!

So it’s a bit like their algorithm going into overdrive? It’d be alright if that’s the case I guess. Do you know if I keep my current ratings/impressions or if they get reset if/when they fix it?

thanks for your quick reply by the way, really appreciate it (:

So it’s a bit like their algorithm going into overdrive? It’d be alright if that’s the case I guess. Do you know if I keep my current ratings/impressions or if they get reset if/when they fix it?

Unless gig was specifically ‘deleted’, no you will not lose your gig’s accomplishments. If gig is denied, then it’s basically being on a pause & invisible.

Yes, their algorithm can go nuts. It’s annoying a bit. But look on a brighter site - you’re so good that system/Fiverr doesn’t believe that its actually you drawing stuff 😃 So keep your nose up!

I’ve seen your live portfolio via reviews, really good art. Just keep in mind - if you decide one day to update your images, you might face a gig denied issue again, so keep those source files on a ready.

Unless gig was specifically ‘deleted’, no you will not lose your gig’s accomplishments. If gig is denied, then it’s basically being on a pause & invisible.

Yes, their algorithm can go nuts. It’s annoying a bit. But look on a brighter site - you’re so good that system/Fiverr doesn’t believe that its actually you drawing stuff 😃 So keep your nose up!

I’ve seen your live portfolio via reviews, really good art. Just keep in mind - if you decide one day to update your images, you might face a gig denied issue again, so keep those source files on a ready.

thanks so much for clearing that up! I’ll make sure to keep my all my source files for now haha

I’m not sure how to check your profile yet but thanks for the lovely compliment and I bet I can say the same about your art!!

thanks so much for clearing that up! I’ll make sure to keep my all my source files for now haha

I’m not sure how to check your profile yet but thanks for the lovely compliment and I bet I can say the same about your art!!

You can check anyone’s profile by copy pasting their username and inserting it at the end of a fiverr link. aka fiverr.com/ 🙂

The algorithm is a mess, true, but it’s probably a different automated system that’s causing the issue. Fiverr is not as robust as Google.

Also, yes, I like your art, too!

It just confused me after seeing the “video denied” thing, because I got a happy “hurray it got accepted” notification a week earlier. But then again if all I have to do is provide some sort of evidence that my painting is my own work then I’ll be more than happy to give them the source files and that 🙂

Thanks so much! I can say the same about yours ❤️

So it’s a bit like their algorithm going into overdrive?

That, or if your art shows somewhere else on the internet (for example, on your own portfolio site); when that happens, the system sees it as duplicate content that was copied from the internet.

So it’s a bit like their algorithm going into overdrive?

That, or if your art shows somewhere else on the internet (for example, on your own portfolio site); when that happens, the system sees it as duplicate content that was copied from the internet.

after receiving their reply it does feel a bit like that (they told me to provide a source file)

Archived