Fiverr Search Fails Comprehensive Test [RESOLVED]

daemonbill

With my first Gig not showing up using Tag Keywords and Fiverr not able to give me a valid answer as to why, I decided to run a test with a completely new Gig to check my hypothesis.

I used a number of very unique words to test how the Fiverr SEARCH algorithm is working.

http://fiverr.com/daemonbill/feed-my-dachsund-schnicklefritz-snausages-and-he-will-wish-you-vielen-dank

These are the words I used and how many times I used them:

Dachshund - 1 in Title, 2 in Description, 1 Tag Keyword

Schnicklefritz - 1 in Title, 2 in Description, 1 Tag Keyword

snausages - 1 in Title, 2 in Description, 1 Tag Keyword

Vielen Dank - 1 in Title, 2 in Description, 1 Tag Keyword

vielen - 1 in Title, 2 in Description, 1 Tag Keyword

dank - 1 in Title, 2 in Description, 1 Tag Keyword

Bavarian - 0 in Title, 1 in Description, 1 Tag Keyword

Austrian - 0 in Title, 1 in Description, 1 Tag Keyword

Here are how many time my gig shows up in SEARCH using these same words. Then are listed how many other gigs show up.

Dachshund - my Gig shows up 0 times, 4 other Gigs are listed

Schnicklefritz - my Gig shows up 0 times, 0 other Gigs are listed

snausages - my Gig shows up 0 times, 0 other Gigs are listed

Vielen Dank - my Gig shows up 0 times, 3 other Gigs are listed

vielen - my Gig shows up 0 times, 3 other Gigs are listed

dank - my Gig shows up 0 times, 3 other Gigs are listed

Bavarian - my Gig shows up 0 times, 3 other Gigs are listed

Austrian - my Gig shows up 0 times, 7 other Gigs are listed

After 24 hours of waiting the answer was – FAIL

After 48 hours of waiting the answer is – EPIC FAIL

A big Goose Egg. No hits for any of the words.

I find it statistically impossible that SEARCH is working correctly given this data.

I’m not trying to be a pain to Customer Support but I think we all deserve an official answer about the bugs many of us are having with Fiverr SEARCH.

In full disclosure I did misspell dachshund as dachsund in the original Gig title but I corrected it immediately.

Woo Hoo!!! I guess being the squeaky wheel does get you oiled.

After 96 hours Customer Support fixed my problem in Fiverr Search (your results may vary).

Now my gig is found by SEARCH using 7 out of the 8 key words I used in my test. Not sure why “snausages” didn’t make it but what are ya gonna do? Mashugana!

Most importantly key words for the gig I was originally having problems with are also working now and that was the whole point of this exercise.

There is no “official” Fiverr word on what the Search Fix was since I still have not actually heard from Customer Support. I’m not sure if they specifically fixed my account or if this was a site wide fix. Anyone who has had search issues should check and see if they are showing up now. I hope this is a fix for everyone since many of the searches I now appear in have many more gigs that show up now that were not showing up before.

Also for anyone having problems make sure that in Mission Control your gigs show not only as individually active (green) but that they are all also active in the Gray Status Bar. If they are not Customer Support can fix that.

Please check our arnevb’s very informative thread for more details.

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/6344/tip-3-is-my-gig-active#Item_4

Thank you Customer Support for fixing my Fiverr Search problem.

Still nothing here. The problem is that Fiverr didn’t really cater to the growth of their website over the years. I’ve noticed there is no special tricks that will get your gig pulled out from the bottom of the pile. I’ve tried 'em all believe me. Videos, Tags, SEO, Good descriptions, Social networking…blah blah blah… been there heard that. The problem lies within Fiverrs search engine.

Apparently that gig that offers a spaghetti-o message is a favorite amongst the people at Fiverr though! Why are gigs like that even available? I’m so tired of “unskilled” gigs taking precedence over quality work. Maybe I need to run to the supermarket and stock up on cans of alphabet soup to get anywhere around here.

At least that’s how it feels…

• 1 year later...

Archived