Fiverr Seller trying to extort

killawhat

I don’t know where to post this so I thought that I would post it here and hope for the best.
I’m sure this is not the proper way for this to be handled but I could not find any way to ask for help on this topic.
I have a client that I manage her website. Neither her nor I have ever used Fiverr. She recently received the following email.

The email was sent from a contact form on the website. Here is what the email said. I removed my client domain name since this is a public forum.
A response would be appreciated.

Date: June 28, 2018 at 12:26:59 PM MDT
To: Brenda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: special order for you my friend

Subject: special order for you my friend

Message Body:
I send spam backlinks to your website and now I request that you order my gigs to remove them. If you do not order, I send more spam backlinks to destroy your site. You understand me? Please order now from https://www.fiverr.com/****** and let’s be friends. Friend, you need to learn to support each other. $100 is nothing to you but I need feed family. Thank you for understanding.

Here you go:

Over the last few hours, a few community members have received a message from someone alleging to be an official Fiverr account with the email info@fiverr.com. As you can imagine, this type of behavior is absolutely prohibited by Fiverr’s Terms of Service. Our Trust & Safety team are looking into this and will act accordingly. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask that you please ignore these messages. If you ever have any questions or concerns regarding a message, please don’t hesitate to…

Archived