Fiverr Sends A Lot Of Mixed Messages

izah_moh

So Fiverr sent me this yesterday

2020-07-15_18-38-45.thumb.png.ca60d27be5ea0d457d56effa5f1c0ce6.png
2020-07-15_18-38-45889×766 71 KB

And this is the gig image in question that was also used in my gig video.
1355257658_VoiceOverThumb.thumb.png.f5a53e3c9937170f67a5a78cc5fb88a8.png
Voice Over Thumb1280×720 1.03 MB

Now, this is a very simple fix, correct?

But the reason I put the 5 stars wasn’t because I, according to Fiverr, wanted to~ “We ask that you do not use a Fiverr seller badge, your seller level, or stars representing your rating in your Gig images, video, profile picture, or any other Gig components. Seller levels and rating are not permanent and may change on a monthly basis. Therefore, this may mislead our buyer community. We ask that you modify your Gig accordingly.”

I put this up as a sign of “quality, 5-star service” and I used it when I was (and still am) a NEW seller with NO star ratings whatsoever. So I took inspiration from other Fiverr Gigs that had stars in the profile. But even then I thought it may be wrong but ultimately ignored my gut instincts which is 100% my fault and I have no one to blame but myself.

But my fiance raised a good point to me last night. “How come they only now asked you to change it when they presumably inspect all new gigs put up on the site, and don’t they quality check uploaded gig videos as well?”

And he’s right! What’s up with that???

If they allowed this to go up the first time and left it on their site for months…what changed???

The only thing that comes to mind is recently a client of mine didn’t like that a project I did for them was posted on my gig page after they left a review, and sent a complaint ticket to Fiverr that they were infringing on his intellectual property and copyright and demanded they take down and delete the gig/project/order.

W̶e̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶e̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶g̶i̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶u̶p̶l̶o̶a̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶.̶

So maybe that little incident is why Fiverr checked over my gig, saw the stars in my profile, and asked me to remove it because they don’t quality check initial gig upload.

But that’s just a theory, a G̶a̶m̶e̶/̶F̶i̶l̶m Fiverr theory 😉

P.S Are we supposed to report Gigs now with 5-stars in them? Or is this a “none of your business!” situation? This whole situation gives me an idea for a new gig though :thinking:

But the reason I put the 5 stars wasn’t because I, according to Fiverr, wanted to~ “We ask that you do not use a Fiverr seller badge, your seller level, or stars representing your rating in your Gig images, video, profile picture, or any other Gig components. Seller levels and rating are not permanent and may change on a monthly basis. Therefore, this may mislead our buyer community. We ask that you modify your Gig accordingly.”

I put this up as a sign of “quality, 5-star service” and I used it when I was (and still am) a NEW seller with NO star ratings whatsoever. So I took inspiration from other Fiverr Gigs that had stars in the profile. But even then I thought it may be wrong but ultimately ignored my gut instincts which is 100% my fault and I have no one to blame but myself.

But my fiance raised a good point to me last night. “How come they only now asked you to change it when they presumably inspect all new gigs put up on the site, and don’t they quality check uploaded gig videos as well?”

If they allowed this to go up the first time and left it on their site for months…what changed???

The only thing that comes to mind is recently a client of mine didn’t like that a project I did for them was posted on my gig page after they left a review, and sent a complaint ticket to Fiverr that they were infringing on his intellectual property and copyright and demanded they take down and delete the gig/project/order.

W̶e̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶e̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶g̶i̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶u̶p̶l̶o̶a̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶.̶

So maybe that little incident is why Fiverr checked over my gig, saw the stars in my profile, and asked me to remove it because they don’t quality check initial gig upload.

P.S Are we supposed to report Gigs now with 5-stars in them? Or is this a “none of your business!” situation? This whole situation gives me an idea for a new gig though :thinking:

How come they only now asked you to change it when they presumably inspect all new gigs put up on the site

I don’t think they really do. They don’t have enough staff for that.

I took inspiration from other Fiverr Gigs that had stars in the profile.

They haven’t been caught yet.

How come they only now asked you to change it when they presumably inspect all new gigs put up on the site

I took inspiration from other Fiverr Gigs that had stars in the profile.

Hmmm, makes sense!

Well, that’s ominous XD

867770755_VoiceOverThumb1.thumb.png.72077443568034fe445a8360e9d957ff.png
Voice Over Thumb 11280×720 1.01 MB

Update 2! (Thanks @marinapomorac ❤️ )
Gig video has been updated as well!

I just realized this could be like me promoting my gig and could get me in trouble…DEAR MODS! I’m not promoting my gig (it’s currently not even available on the sight and I haven’t/will not link to it), I’m just trying to have a conversation!

Update 2! (Thanks @marinapomorac ❤️ )

Gig video has been updated as well!

I just realized this could be like me promoting my gig and could get me in trouble…DEAR MODS! I’m not promoting my gig (it’s currently not even available on the sight and I haven’t/will not link to it), I’m just trying to have a conversation!

I just realized this could be like me promoting my gig and could get me in trouble

Do not worry about MOD… eventually, you will get some lost soul here and these will flag you and you are not so conflicted in the forum activities that you will collect too many flags and be banned (like some of us :D).

We all need to go to some have heavy Psychology classes and training to be able to NOT respond in condescending style to some of the posters on the forum.

I just realized this could be like me promoting my gig and could get me in trouble

Do not worry about MOD… eventually, you will get some lost soul here and these will flag you and you are not so conflicted in the forum activities that you will collect too many flags and be banned (like some of us :D).

We all need to go to some have heavy Psychology classes and training to be able to NOT respond in condescending style to some of the posters on the forum.

hat you will collect too many flags and be banned (like some of us :D).

Oh my God, what-really!? What did you do???

I can see that 😂

Well, good news! The gig is back up, and I have to/must say…that was QUICK!!! :rofl:

Edit: ALSO! The “problematic” order was removed as well, so that’s good I guess. My ratings weren’t affected even though I can not see the review or rating for the order that was removed on my profile.

I put this up as a sign of “quality, 5-star service” and I used it when I was (and still am) a NEW seller with NO star ratings whatsoever. So I took inspiration from other Fiverr Gigs that had stars in the profile.

Why didn’t it occur to you that it was misleading and deceptive to imply you have five stars even though you don’t? Why would you think pretending you have five stars like other sellers is “inspiration” for your gig?

P.S Are we supposed to report Gigs now with 5-stars in them?

Absolutely. Naturally, Fiverr wants to prevent sellers from implying they have things they actually don’t.

The reason Fiverr is focusing on that and not that the things you mentioned is because deception is wrong. It may take them a while to notice it, but they will take action if you make their company look deceptive.

Don’t mislead buyers to try to sell things and then you won’t have a problem.

I put this up as a sign of “quality, 5-star service” and I used it when I was (and still am) a NEW seller with NO star ratings whatsoever. So I took inspiration from other Fiverr Gigs that had stars in the profile.

Why didn’t it occur to you that it was misleading and deceptive to imply you have five stars even though you don’t? Why would you think pretending you have five stars like other sellers is “inspiration” for your gig?

P.S Are we supposed to report Gigs now with 5-stars in them?

Absolutely. Naturally, Fiverr wants to prevent sellers from implying they have things they actually don’t.

The reason Fiverr is focusing on that and not that the things you mentioned is because deception is wrong. It may take them a while to notice it, but they will take action if you make their company look deceptive.

Don’t mislead buyers to try to sell things and then you won’t have a problem.

Why didn’t it occur to you that it was misleading and deceptive to imply you have five stars even though you don’t?

Because like I stated, the 5 stars wasn’t an indication that I had a 5 star rating (because I was literally new with no seller ratings or reviews whatsoever) but you would get a 5 star service. I was new to the platform and saw a bunch of other sellers do the same so I naively thought it was okay.

Why would you think pretending you have five stars like other sellers is “inspiration” for your gig?

I didn’t know the reasoning behind why other sellers did it, I honestly just thought it was an aesthetic choice.

Why didn’t it occur to you that it was misleading and deceptive to imply you have five stars even though you don’t?

Because like I stated, the 5 stars wasn’t an indication that I had a 5 star rating (because I was literally new with no seller ratings or reviews whatsoever) but you would get a 5 star service. I was new to the platform and saw a bunch of other sellers do the same so I naively thought it was okay.

Why would you think pretending you have five stars like other sellers is “inspiration” for your gig?

I didn’t know the reasoning behind why other sellers did it, I honestly just thought it was an aesthetic choice.

Because like I stated, the 5 stars wasn’t an indication that I had a 5 star rating (because I was literally new with no seller ratings or reviews whatsoever) but you would get a 5 star service.

It doesn’t matter what you meant. Your intentions don’t change the fact that it’s misleading and that’s why Fiverr removed it. You don’t get to continue doing something that misleads people just because you redefined what stars represent. And you don’t want to make it look like you are making things up to look good. That would deter sales.

Star and number ratings are never created by the person who has the business. It’s never a made up number. No buyer thinks that’s what stars mean.

Please don’t use images unless you know what they mean.

There’s plenty more mixed messages, though a number of them are due to changes in the rules over the years, and thus some outdated or in-need-of-update articles. I think there are more crossed signals due to the lack of an on-boarding process and the sheer vastness of what Fiverr covers for scope. It’s hard-to-impossible to make tutorials that could cover specific details. Fortunately, we have the forums.

MatPat is a bit too… (?? 🙃??) for my tastes, but I have watched several. I like the math.

Because like I stated, the 5 stars wasn’t an indication that I had a 5 star rating (because I was literally new with no seller ratings or reviews whatsoever) but you would get a 5 star service.

It doesn’t matter what you meant. Your intentions don’t change the fact that it’s misleading and that’s why Fiverr removed it. You don’t get to continue doing something that misleads people just because you redefined what stars represent. And you don’t want to make it look like you are making things up to look good. That would deter sales.

Star and number ratings are never created by the person who has the business. It’s never a made up number. No buyer thinks that’s what stars mean.

It doesn’t matter what you meant. Your intentions don’t change the fact that it’s misleading and that’s why Fiverr removed it.

That wasn’t my initial argument and I don’t know why that is your main focus. I acknowledge that I made a mistake and I fixed it, was just pointing out the mixed nature of Fiverr’s messing because they choose to allow that image be uploaded in the first place after doing a “quality review”. And that statement “It doesn’t matter what you meant” is dangerous because that does not hold up in a court of law.

I hate how condescending this statement sounds, like your looking down on me. I’m not a child and I don’t appreciate being talked to in such a manner.

Hotels and restaurants would argue otherwise XD

There’s plenty more mixed messages, though a number of them are due to changes in the rules over the years, and thus some outdated or in-need-of-update articles. I think there are more crossed signals due to the lack of an on-boarding process and the sheer vastness of what Fiverr covers for scope. It’s hard-to-impossible to make tutorials that could cover specific details. Fortunately, we have the forums.

MatPat is a bit too… (?? 🙃??) for my tastes, but I have watched several. I like the math.

Yes exactly! I’ve gotten 98% more helpful info just from browsing the forum then the meager (but still very helpful!) 2% I’ve gotten from Fiverr proved tutorials and help articles.

Yay! Someone got the reference!!! :star_struck:

I’m in the process of writing a new thread/article for the ‘tips’ section, but have had to hold off since ‘stuff’ changed right before I was going to post it (need more data). I’m also composing something that I want to put in ‘discussion’ that’s still being written.

I’m a HUGE fan of “doing the research”, so he has my respect for that. You watch Extra Credits or King of Random too?

It doesn’t matter what you meant. Your intentions don’t change the fact that it’s misleading and that’s why Fiverr removed it.

That wasn’t my initial argument and I don’t know why that is your main focus. I acknowledge that I made a mistake and I fixed it, was just pointing out the mixed nature of Fiverr’s messing because they choose to allow that image be uploaded in the first place after doing a “quality review”. And that statement “It doesn’t matter what you meant” is dangerous because that does not hold up in a court of law.

I hate how condescending this statement sounds, like your looking down on me. I’m not a child and I don’t appreciate being talked to in such a manner.

It’s not condescending. I had explained that using stars misleads people regardless of your intention because you expressed in this thread that it was unclear to you why Fiverr did this and you were frustrated.

Your thread is about not understanding why Fiverr does this. So I told you. Why ask if you’re going to be mad at me for explaining?

I meant never ethically made by the companies. Fiverr has things in place to prevent that fraud, as what happened here.

It misleads people regardless of your intention, so why be mad at Fiverr about protecting buyers from being misled?

I’m in the process of writing a new thread/article for the ‘tips’ section, but have had to hold off since ‘stuff’ changed right before I was going to post it (need more data). I’m also composing something that I want to put in ‘discussion’ that’s still being written.

I’m a HUGE fan of “doing the research”, so he has my respect for that. You watch Extra Credits or King of Random too?

You watch Extra Credits or King of Random too?

Oh no, but I think I’ve heard of Extra Credits before :thinking:

Archived