Fiverr Community Forum

Fiverr service fee went up?

So one of my buyers complained about the high service fee, I told him the fiverr fee (which didn’t exist before) was $2, but he sent me a snapshot and out of a $35 order the ““service fee”” is 3.93 dollars!! has it been updated? why is it so high??? in order to keep the buyer I had to renegotiate and instead of $35 I am now charging $32 for this order:

is the fiverr service fee now a percentage? last I knew it was $2 after it originally got introduced, this is a bit crazy. I’m ok with them taking 20% off my profits but these fees are going up too now?

8 Likes
  • Service fees are added at the time of purchase where you can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of March 2021, the service fees are 5.5% of the purchase amount. For purchases under $50 an additional $2 small order fee will be applied.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

8 Likes

Ehh, kind of a warning sign if 3 dollars and 93 cents are a breaking point for a buyer.

10 Likes

Especially, since the difference is only $1.93 from what it used to be. ($2)… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

For $5 gigs the service fee is still $2.25

1 Like

I believe you made a mistake calculating it. The service fee for $5 orders is the one stated in the TOS.

I just checked using one of your gigs and it’s $2.28 {($5 x .055) +$2}

Strange because I checked for another $5 gig and it’s $2.251

It’s really strange, because all the $5 gig I’ve checked show $2.28 as the service fee.

1 Like

This thread made me curious, so I went to check out a $5 gig. I see the same as you.

1 Like

Who knows. At the end of the day… It’s strange. I guess it might differ based on where you live. I live in Europe…

Another $7.28

United States dollar is my currency.

1 Like

I guess I’m special :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

And I live in Venezuela, South America.

2 Likes

If a buyer is willing to raise hell over a 3 cent increase, then run for the hills!

7 Likes

It might be an European thing. Maybe others from Europe can chime in.

@ahmwritingco is British and lives in the UK.

Yep, I’m from the UK and see $.28 rather than .25. Currency is set to dollars.

With those extra $.03, you could probably buy an item or two of pick ‘n’ mix! :yum:

Pick and Mix Sweden - Try Swedish

6 Likes

Technically, the UK is not part of the EU, or is that thing still in debate/litigation/limbo?

Well, one thing is being part of the EU and another very different one being European and living in Europe. :wink:

1 Like

I only bring it up as different countries or unions might have different online taxing policies.

There have been a lot of Indian forum posters recently who are confused with the new taxation rules affecting online freelancing along with Fiverr requiring information from them or their gigs are suspended in 30 days.